Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 12:08 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,180,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Really? What did you expect?
A little objectivity and maturity? Just a bit?

Maybe that's asking too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 12:09 PM

37,951 posts, read 17,965,208 times
Who knows? He hasn't been in office yet and I have no idea if he's going to keep his word or not. The last one sure didn't.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:09 PM

76,966 posts, read 47,841,921 times
Quote:
To those who didn't vote for Trump -- List POSITIVE aspects of his presidency
The comedians around the world will have an endless supply of material.

Whatever pennies we will save on tax cuts, will be offset by inflation, which his trade war will ensure. You might save $2.00, but if you have to find an extra $4.00 to buy bread, then you still end up losing.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:10 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,180,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Isn't it fair to let him assume office before we state positives or negatives?
Good point. But if people are going to go ahead and panic about possible negatives, why not also consider the beneficial possibilities.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:12 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,438,193 times
Most positive aspect of his presidency:

It hasn't actually started yet.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:12 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,990,708 times
I'm hoping that Trump's administration will be more transparent than the recent administrations of Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush II, Obama. Trump's penchant for putting it all out there might be helpful in some ways.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:13 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,727,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The comedians around the globe will have an endless supply of material.
Of course they will. After eight years of being fearful of being labeled a racist for joking about the POTUS, they will be busting at the seams.

On top of that, Trump will be an easy target since he doesn't have a group of people vetting his every word before being allowed to speak.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:14 PM

35,845 posts, read 21,244,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Besides stuff like "it'll be over in 8 years or less" or "it'll teach Americans a lesson" or anything else snarky.

However displeased you may be about his victory, what are some good things you look forward to?

I'll start --

1) We'll likely enjoy better relations with Russia, a good ally to have.
2) My taxes will be much lower according to his plan. Sounds selfish, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit seeing that as a perk.
3) He won't likely add more and more regulations making it more difficult to start a business, something I want to do in the near future.
4) No more accepting hordes of insufficiently-screened refugees and then prioritizing them over our own citizens.
5) Gun/self-defense rights will be here to stay.

1- no keep them on a friendly associates list-- no more
2- good you making that kinda of money-- my taxes going up
3- some regulations are bogus, but some if we did not have them we be eating dirt in our burgers- pi in our lemonade -baby's milk have more formaldehyde and gmo's be 100%
4- the refugee population is really small and very scattered-- do your homework of the refugee programs over the years -- your forefathers might have been one?
5- I have my gun, do you have yours? nobody is messing with it- (lies) BUT nutsy people need vetting
SO far only thing I may like is one general - for DHS- -
total dislike-
6- family in the white house running the show\
7- shutting down stuff with out replacement-
8- billionaires who NEVER have given a raz azrse about us- now part of his cabinet-- if approved-
9- promises with out facts- or disclosure -like the wall-
10- his darn tweets-- embarrassing !!

Old 01-09-2017, 12:14 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,727,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You might save $2.00, but if you have to find an extra $4.00 to buy bread, then you still end up losing.
Like the ACA.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:17 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,914,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Besides stuff like "it'll be over in 8 years or less" or "it'll teach Americans a lesson" or anything else snarky.

However displeased you may be about his victory, what are some good things you look forward to?

I'll start --

1) We'll likely enjoy better relations with Russia, a good ally to have.
2) My taxes will be much lower according to his plan. Sounds selfish, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit seeing that as a perk.
3) He won't likely add more and more regulations making it more difficult to start a business, something I want to do in the near future.
4) No more accepting hordes of insufficiently-screened refugees and then prioritizing them over our own citizens.
5) Gun/self-defense rights will be here to stay.
He isn't president yet...

Once he is and has some actions to speak of, I will list things I agree with.

Until then, this is a pointless exercise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies