Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,128,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
New poll has Trump approval rating at 37%, Obama at 55%

I know that the polls did not have a good year and many were inaccurate this last cycle but I still think his approval ratings are likely rather low.

I sort of wonder what happens if there is a large amount of economic bad news, repeal of ObamaCare followed by a massive surge in uninsured and with that hospital bankruptcies.

Unless there is a magical economic surge, I just don't think it is anywhere to go but downhill from there for the Republicans.
You've bumped into one too many cactus. It's made you delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,602,634 times
What is their methodology for determining this? Polling inner city Chicago?

Old 01-10-2017, 07:45 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,792,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
He is not even in office, this poll is based on what? Fake news?
It's fake news if you support Trump. It's real news if you don't support Trump.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
New poll has Trump approval rating at 37%, Obama at 55%

I know that the polls did not have a good year and many were inaccurate this last cycle but I still think his approval ratings are likely rather low.

I sort of wonder what happens if there is a large amount of economic bad news, repeal of ObamaCare followed by a massive surge in uninsured and with that hospital bankruptcies.

Unless there is a magical economic surge, I just don't think it is anywhere to go but downhill from there for the Republicans.

If this is anything like the polling disaster leading up to the election, you can add, 10%-15% to Trump and take 10%-15% away from Obama.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:50 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,393,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post

the chicken are coming home to roost for Mr. Trump.
I heard the same thing after the Iowa Caucuses.

And before every state primary.

And before the convention.

And before and after the debates.

And before the general election.

You people remind me of Wile E. Coyote's never ending attempts to get the road runner....

Old 01-11-2017, 01:41 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,693,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
He is not even in office, this poll is based on what? Fake news?
It's based on his public behavior and his public image.

I love how Trump supporters whine "fake news!" like little children whenever the news doesn't reflect well on their clownish president. Face it. He may have won the election, but he is disliked by the majority of Americans.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:59 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's based on his public behavior and his public image.

I love how Trump supporters whine "fake news!" like little children whenever the news doesn't reflect well on their clownish president. Face it. He may have won the election, but he is disliked by the majority of Americans.
Fake news? I haven't seen that argument. However it's clear the very same pollster said that Trump would lose the election.

If you choose to believe them that's your business, but based on that, it simply means that it doesn't reflect reality.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:24 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,078,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump had more Of the percentage vote for him. Polls are lies.
From what I recall, about 20 percent of people who voted for Trump had an unfavorable opinion of him. Since he won about 47% of the vote, these numbers seem reasonable.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:29 AM

979 posts, read 491,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
They haven't figured out yet that the Election is OVER and they LOST.
I'm not sure Obama has figured that out either.
Yes, the election is over, but that doesn't stop the public from having an opinion. Trump will be judged just like any president before him, and with that will come an approval rating. This isn't anything new, and it has nothing to do with any elections. The approval rating is something Trump and his supporters can't hide from, so get use to your dear Orange leader having a very low approval rating as he continues to cry on Twitter about people being mean to him.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:31 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Yes, the election is over, but that doesn't stop the public from having an opinion. Trump will be judged just like any president before him,
Trump is not yet President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies