Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 10:31 AM

274 posts, read 120,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
What is different?

Race is LESS IMPORTANT than something like sex if at all. Why can't a black man be identified as white, or vice versa?
It is not the same thing Bringing race and gender are totally different subjects..I am not saying a black man can't be identified as white however they are totally different..

Old 01-12-2017, 10:32 AM

1,160 posts, read 714,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
It is not the same thing Bringing race and gender are totally different subjects..I am not saying a black man can't be identified as white however they are totally different..
lol, HOW?!

How are they different? Arent they both based on physiology?

Old 01-12-2017, 10:36 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,630,728 times
To the OP. Yourself and people like you need to realize that the world doesn't revolve around you. We really don't care what you think you are. If you are the different one, why should the rest of us have to change the world to accommodate you or change the world to revolve around the few? You do know you are a minority, right?

Why don't these trans gender people have to do something like what my family does? Because of my severely disabled son we are different because he is. He cannot go into a restroom by himself. If there isn't a family restroom available I have no choice by to take him into the ladies room. He isn't in a wheel chair or anything, so at first glance he may not appear disabled. If there are women in there I explain and apologize for any discomfort it causes and go on. No one has given me a problem, there are no laws for me. I have to assist him and that can feel humiliating at times. It is what it is. I know it would be selfish to ask for special laws or a whole other restroom be built because of the way it makes me feel. And before you say anything it never feels good to have to do this. What I have found is that if I act in a reasonable manner and try my best to be respectful of others no one has a problem with it. In other words, because I am the minority I find a way to make us fit as best I can rather than expecting the word to change.

Stop being so selfish.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:14 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,609,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
But the government gives me free healthcare. If they're willing to give out free healthcare, then they need to give out healthcare that actually keeps me from getting sick. Otherwise they should just give me nothing and place me in a job instead so I can pay for my own healthcare. Do you see the inconsistency here? I believe in working for a living but they force me to take benefits instead.
You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the concept of a gift works. Ever heard the saying, "beggars can't be choosers"?

Quote:
What is my choice? I don't have one. I mean I can keep doing my penny sites but that is barely anything. It doesn't have to be private. I also applied for a job in the government and they didn't take me either. They also hire criminals which I'm sure they don't believe in doing that because of a tax credit so they're already forced to hire someone so they should have one for people with disabilities because that would be less risky.
Everything you choose to do or not do, to accept or not accept, is your choice. You alone are in charge of your life. You are not in charge if what others "should" be doing.
Such as "the government should give you a job" because of your level if need. As you said earlier.

Quote:
I'm not talking about assault here. I'm saying people not hiring me has worsened my physical health. It's a vicious cycle. There's two factors here: one I don't have the money to get holistic doctors so I'm forced to take things like antibiotics to treat the symptoms which then in turn messes up my body more in the long run. two the stress of not getting a job has caused me digestive problems. It is a vicious cycle.
Understood. That is generally how that works for everyone. If a man doesn't work then his children go without healthcare food or housing. You are not unique in that respect.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:26 AM

274 posts, read 120,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
lol, HOW?!

How are they different? Arent they both based on physiology?
Perhaps but we are talking of gender not Skin color..

Old 01-12-2017, 11:29 AM

1,160 posts, read 714,002 times
Quote:
Perhaps but we are talking of gender not Skin color..
first, i want to say that i do not believe in different "races" but there are of course discernible physical differences that human use to divide into race.

Skin color and gender are both outwardly expressed physical traits.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:12 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,697,085 times
My dog thinks he is a human. Does that mean we should make him wear pants and allow him to vote?

Old 01-12-2017, 12:40 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,907,172 times
Quote:
Should I call you mentally ill for your wants or your beliefs..They are not mentally ill simply just because they do things against your belief..I never said anything about superiority you are claiming you have an open mind?Well let me tell you something..if you had an open mind you would not claim that they are mentally ill because of their beliefs..

They are mentally ill because they are abnormal to the point of absurdity. They make stupid look smart, they defy logical argument and establish themselves as merely narcissists who are emotionally immature. Placating to these sick minds only encourages it to grow and expand to new levels.

As for you calling me something? Knock yourself out, your opinion of me means nothing. Scream at the moon for all I care.

Last edited by NxtGen; 01-12-2017 at 01:12 PM..

Old 01-12-2017, 02:25 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,258,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
My dog thinks he is a human. Does that mean we should make him wear pants and allow him to vote?
Lol.

It wont be long, seriously.

Soon enough, "It's a girl! "Its a boy!" Will be offensive too.

Old 01-12-2017, 02:31 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,467,427 times
Quote:
I believe that if this is truly America people should have the right to choose what they want to be
Whether it is a man to a woman
a woman to a man
We all have rights..and who is to dare say they don't THIS is their own right,believe what you want..But they have rights to what they want to be.And before the insults come rushing in I am a Independent not a Democrat,I like both the republicans and Democrats,but I will not demean the purpose or reason why the transgender community is what it is..I have noticed in alot of my threads there are angry people who decide to take my posts in the wrong direction.Religion has nothing to do with the choices of the people.People can choose to marry whom they wish and when they wish it whether it be a man with a man or a woman with a woman If there can't be same sex marriages why even bother with marriages at all..
This lady wanted to be a cat.

It was her right to turn her face into a mess to look like a cat.

Did all her surgery make her look like a cat?

The answer is no. You can use the same argument for transgenders.

They think and believe they're the "gender" they prefer, but at the end of the day everyone knows they're not and that fact is upsetting for them to such a degree they must attempt to change laws and persuade the public to accommodate them, and to reinforce their reality on everyone else.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies