Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 11:05 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
well, that's a figure of speech. Of course we can question the POTUS. . . but we can agree that CNN got caught propagating fake news.
No... not really. We can agree that CNN reported on unverified information and stated that it was indeed unverified.

Kind of how the FBI, right before the election, decided to check on some UNVERIFIED emails that turned out to have NOTHING to do with Secretary Clinton and raised some suspicion among voters (which seems to have been the goal).

But, hey... as long as Twitler won, amirite?

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,142,781 times
It was obvious they needed help when they became scared of Pepe the frog

1,160 posts, read 713,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I'm fine. It's the country I'm worried about.
our country has survived much, much, more than anything we face currently. I suggest you re-evaluate the scope of your influence. There is nothing you can do to affect - negatively or positively - the direction of the country.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:07 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
They are Hillary's "basket of deplorables."

Old 01-12-2017, 11:10 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I'm fine. It's the country I'm worried about.
"It's not you. It's me."

Old 01-12-2017, 11:14 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
No, actually I'm not okay, but it has little to do with Donald Trump. Thanks for asking, even if it was disingenuous.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:15 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
I'm actually starting to feel bad for you.

We tiny citizens are so far removed from the presidency that there is NO reason you people should be feeling this much angst, fear, and hatred over a "loss".

As a former psycho-therapist, I highly suggest you step away from the KB, turn off your fake news sites (CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC), take a deep breath, take a shot of rum...or two, and move past this perceived affront to your person.

If you can't do that then I suggest you seek professional help. And don't go to a licensed social worker... go to a REAL psychologist.

When will you accept reality? as I posted on another thread- the balking of the left, no longer has to do with the loss of the candidate we wanted- That show is over, we all know it -and accepted it grudgingly. We are now in a new season "Trump takes the WH"- Right now we are looking at the previews of what it will be like, the next 1460 episodes. That is what we sensible ones are concerned about.
The right is still back in the power games of the candidacy - still talking about Hilly-- we are not, - speed forward please- and get with the program.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:24 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
I'm actually starting to feel bad for you.

We tiny citizens are so far removed from the presidency that there is NO reason you people should be feeling this much angst, fear, and hatred over a "loss".

As a former psycho-therapist, I highly suggest you step away from the KB, turn off your fake news sites (CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC), take a deep breath, take a shot of rum...or two, and move past this perceived affront to your person.

If you can't do that then I suggest you seek professional help. And don't go to a licensed social worker... go to a REAL psychologist.

Agreed we are pretty far removed from the POTUS and all the rest that makes for the fate of us Americans, but we are not far removed from the effects of poverty, lack of quality health care, lack of education, violence, the possibility of war, lack of opportunity for far too many people. So how can you -- anyone -- be so nonchalant about what is now unfolding?

I may not be losing sleep about what may or may not happen. I'm not sure I'm experiencing all these emotions you and others love to belabor about those who struggle with the idea of POTUS Trump, but I'm not a fool or numb to the implications. I fear all too many Trump supporters are however.

If you truly are a former psycho-therapist, me thinks you followed too much of your own advice and got to drinking a bit too much rum!

Whether you can give credit to Obama for putting us in a better place today or not, giving Trump an opportunity to carry forward that momentum or not, whether you are liberal or conservative, you have to be something of a moron not to recognize how our lives are affected by these different forms of leadership and somewhat profound changes in direction, theoretical changes in any case.

Hopefully simple practicality, the rule of law, better minds and reality will ultimately prevail so we might all simply get back to that happy-go-lucky state of mind you seem to have adopted, like so many others convinced that Trump is going to "make America great again." Wish I could feel the same, but I'm still trying to understand what that means, the Tweets, pretty much all that is Trump.

Right. Pass the rum...

Old 01-12-2017, 11:27 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
When will you accept reality? as I posted on another thread- the balking of the left, no longer has to do with the loss of the candidate we wanted- That show is over, we all know it -and accepted it grudgingly. We are now in a new season "Trump takes the WH"- Right now we are looking at the previews of what it will be like, the next 1460 episodes. That is what we sensible ones are concerned about.
The right is still back in the power games of the candidacy - still talking about Hilly-- we are not, - speed forward please- and get with the program.
I'm always confused by your moniker,"tinytrump," in light of your comments. I guess you are not a mini-Trump or even a Trump supporter then. Right? Instead having something to do with Trump's pride in his big hands perhaps? Curious if not confusing in any case...

Old 01-12-2017, 11:29 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Agreed we are pretty far removed from the POTUS and all the rest that makes for the fate of us Americans, but we are not far removed from the effects of poverty, lack of quality health care, lack of education, violence, the possibility of war, lack of opportunity for far too many people. So how can you -- anyone -- be so nonchalant about what is now unfolding?

I may not be losing sleep about what may or may not happen. I'm not sure I'm experiencing all these emotions you and others love to belabor about those who struggle with the idea of POTUS Trump, but I'm not a fool or numb to the implications. I fear all too many Trump supporters are however.

If you truly are a former psycho-therapist, me thinks you followed too much of your own advice and got to drinking a bit too much rum!

Whether you can give credit to Obama for putting us in a better place today or not, giving Trump an opportunity to carry forward that momentum or not, whether you are liberal or conservative, you have to be something of a moron not to recognize how our lives are affected by these different forms of leadership and somewhat profound changes in direction, theoretical changes in any case.

Hopefully simple practicality, the rule of law, better minds and reality will ultimately prevail so we might all simply get back to that happy-go-lucky state of mind you seem to have adopted, like so many others convinced that Trump is going to "make America great again." Wish I could feel the same, but I'm still trying to understand what that means, the Tweets, pretty much all that is Trump.

Right. Pass the rum...
Thank you for this statement. My source of current anxiety arises from one of the things mentioned, and what is happening in Washington most certainly will have an effect on whether or not my situation degrades further. The stress is genuine, having a legitimately negative effect on my life, and not something I can just choose to shake off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies