Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 07:11 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,423,477 times

Advertisements

Oh, almost forgot to add. Only one news person had a reserved seat at the press conference.

And that was the breitbart reporter who was placed in the front seat so Trump could easily call on him.

Its theater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 07:16 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,170,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
OK lets start with who is clapping. Heres a side by side shot of Trump going after the CNN guy, and at about 2:40 the clapping starts. Notice NONE of the reporters are clapping.

Ignore the pundits chatting, thats not the topic here. I just grabbed that one because it shows a good view of what I am referring too. I have not watched the video beyond that. And we're trying to discuss facts, not opinions. IE im not trying to convince you based on actual video. Fair enough?

Now, dont believe folks who say the VERY next question was from breitbart. its a question or two later, and I'd say its pretty co-ordinated, but that's opinion. Heres the video:

https://youtu.be/UV27p_IGSAU?t=1h1m7s
Having supporters at a press conference is not the norm anyway. These were ego props for Trumplethinskin.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:18 PM

22,515 posts, read 12,068,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Donald Dump is a fraud and a swindler and if you are ashamed to admit that you have been duped .. I get it...but do not attempt to explain away the reason you should be embarrassed for being taken in by a snake oil salesman by pointing fingers at the people that expose his bull-****. Go sell someone else the Brooklyn Bridge and I'm sure that Dump can give you some tips in that arena...LOL maybe he has a university that you can attend for a reasonable fee...LMAO
Seriously. You need to take a chill pill

Old 01-12-2017, 07:21 PM

22,515 posts, read 12,068,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
They're blinded by the orange faced buffoon. How is this possible? Who knows. Trump is a walking or rather tweeting disaster.
You mean the same way that you and your ilk were blinded by Obama? Notice what I did there --- I said "Obama". I didn't call him any names.

So many of you are allowing Trump to live in your heads --- and rent free to boot! I'm sure Trump is loving every minute of it, too

Old 01-12-2017, 07:41 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,417,491 times
Quote:
OK lets start with who is clapping. Heres a side by side shot of Trump going after the CNN guy, and at about 2:40 the clapping starts. Notice NONE of the reporters are clapping.

Ignore the pundits chatting, thats not the topic here. I just grabbed that one because it shows a good view of what I am referring too. I have not watched the video beyond that. And we're trying to discuss facts, not opinions. IE im not trying to convince you based on actual video. Fair enough?

https://youtu.be/-QGgtstYUMA?t=2m40s

If you want the audio I was discussing, you can find it here, PBS provided stereo sound 59:10 minute mark to hear the clapping from one side-also at the start of it you can see where the aides were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV27p_IGSAU

Now, dont believe folks who say the VERY next question was from breitbart. its a question or two later, and I'd say its pretty co-ordinated, but that's opinion. Heres the video:

https://youtu.be/UV27p_IGSAU?t=1h1m7s
One thing at a time.

Clapping:

Unfortunately I only counted 7-8 people in the shot with Acosta. Sure, none of them clapped.

Who were they? Who was all in the room?

Your PBS link shows a wide shot of the room prior to Trump's arrival. I count at least 50 people in that shot. Who out of those 50 clapped? Minus the 7-8 around Acosta who clearly didn't.

I'll need video proof or a list of names.

Simply implying that the aides were in that area and that's where the clapping originated isn't even circumstantial evidence if this was a court of law.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:48 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,170,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Seriously. You need to take a chill pill
Is that a canned response for the lack of a better one? Really now...when did speaking the truth and common sense become an antithesis to chilling?

Old 01-12-2017, 07:50 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,417,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Is that a canned response for the lack of a better one? Really now...when did speaking the truth and common sense become an antithesis to chilling?
Antithesis to chilling.

That's a good band name. Or maybe an album.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:03 PM

51,671 posts, read 25,923,250 times
Whether they were just props or the real deal, I thought it was odd to present a visual image of the many possible conflicts of interest.

I can see doing this to impress folks with how rich and important your are.

But the goal here is to impress folks with how even though he isn't subject to any ethics rules at all, nonetheless he plans to behave ethically. Always good to know.

Does anyone actually believe Trump is going to turn all this over to those two numbnuts and check in to see how they did in four years? Come on.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:08 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,684,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Whether they were just props or the real deal, I thought it was odd to present a visual image of the many possible conflicts of interest.

I can see doing this to impress folks with how rich and important your are.

But the goal here is to impress folks with how even though he isn't subject to any ethics rules at all, nonetheless he plans to behave ethically. Always good to know.

Does anyone actually believe Trump is going to turn all this over to those two numbnuts and check in to see how they did in four years? Come on.
The only consolation is that it will be his undoing by attempting it. It is the one reach too far and the American people will not stand for it.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:14 PM

39,897 posts, read 26,593,901 times
Quote:
You mean someone pointing out the news? Someone pointing out the theater that Trump did? How misleading and false it is?

1. The planned attack on CNN, followed up by the question posed from breitbart about doing something about the media.

2. Having your aides provide artificial laughter and clapping for the video taken.

3. Empty folders that show your work on divesting from your business.

Although if you meant dont feed Trump, that would make sense, cause he is trolling all of us.
The "planned attack on CNN"? Really? Was the CNN reporter in on it to discredit is company? How much did President Trump pay him to play the fool?

Amazing just how delusional some really are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies