Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:31 AM

8,885 posts, read 4,605,883 times

Advertisements

Uh, yeah, right. Tell me more about the doughnuts - were they Original Glazed or maybe Glazed Crullers, or maybe Raspberry filled. Or maybe just a total mixture. Where they still warm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 07:35 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,318,210 times
Sometimes, people working low-wage jobs feel like they want to make a statement the only way they know how.

Would I have liked to get a message like that on my doughnut box if I was a police officer? Depends on how the person serving me treated me while I was there and how I personally felt about the type of message.

Some people view BLM as a blanket hatred of the police. I know officers who see it that way and I know officers who see it as a shame that this even has to be a movement because they know that not all their fellow officers treat black citizens fairly.

It's a mixed bag. I do think the employee was wrong to write it on there. They're representing the company and, unless it is company-authorized, they shouldn't be adding political messages of any kind to customers' food containers.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:36 AM

19,718 posts, read 12,293,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
A business has the right to hire and fire whomever they want.

BLM vs police stupidity aside... If that was my establishment, that employee quite possibly cost me a return customer which cuts directly into my bottom line. I would have fired him on the spot.... I figure he has done it once and he could have possibly done it several times in the past and intend on it in the future.

It is also a franchise... Thats even worse... A loss of that franchise due to this event cluld mean 100s of thousands down the tubes.

Losing A return customer? Try a lot of them. Do not mess with cops and coffee/ donuts. We used to provide free coffee for our local police at our shop.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:39 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,411,740 times
Cops are not your friends , they are not there to help you or serve you, they are there to enforce the law and bust your azz if you get out of line. So act up in front of them, they are the only business that can legally shoot you. Self defense doesn't matter anymore. So yes I don talk to them, I don't misbehave, I bring no attention to myself

Old 01-13-2017, 07:40 AM

28,971 posts, read 30,339,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Sometimes, people working low-wage jobs feel like they want to make a statement the only way they know how.

Would I have liked to get a message like that on my doughnut box if I was a police officer? Depends on how the person serving me treated me while I was there and how I personally felt about the type of message.

Some people view BLM as a blanket hatred of the police. I know officers who see it that way and I know officers who see it as a shame that this even has to be a movement because they know that not all their fellow officers treat black citizens fairly.

It's a mixed bag. I do think the employee was wrong to write it on there. They're representing the company and, unless it is company-authorized, they shouldn't be adding political messages of any kind to customers' food containers.
Well said, and understood!

Old 01-13-2017, 07:42 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,563,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The same was said about those dirty hippies that protested the Vietnam war. History has shown them right.
The same dirty hippies who used to spit on returning soldiers who went to war through no choice of their own?

THOSE dirty hippies were shown to be right?

We all know how you feel about cops, but nothing about what this employee did was right.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:43 AM

28,971 posts, read 30,339,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Losing A return customer? Try a lot of them. Do not mess with cops and coffee/ donuts. We used to provide free coffee for our local police at our shop.
I waited tables when young, and of course we rotated stations. When ever a police officer came in and sat at the counter, we were told to give them their meal and coffee for free, and believe me, the officers did not take advantage of it...matter of fact, I think they came in not as much b/c they didn't want to take advantage of the owner, but, it was a whole different world then.

Most of the time, they simply came in for coffee in the winter.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,308,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Maybe it is a minor thing to you, maybe it is not a minor thing to this particular police officer.
Which can be said about many things people get demeaned over, no?

Quote:
Certainly he doesn't want to be labeled as a racist cop who doesn't value other people's lives; certainly he doesn't like being generalized. Certainly he has the right to voice his opinion.

If you really believe in freedom of speech, then you wouldn't have labeled anybody "snowflakes". I know I wouldn't have. What makes anybody think it is okay to judge somebody SIMPLY because he/she worn that uniform?!

Live and let live. No?
I didn't label anyone as a snowflake. I asked how this was different than others being labeled as snowflakes. It seems that perhaps you are agreeing?

Old 01-13-2017, 07:45 AM

39,310 posts, read 27,692,603 times
Quote:
Which can be said about many things people get demeaned over, no?

I didn't label anyone as a snowflake. I asked how this was different than others being labeled as snowflakes. It seems that perhaps you are agreeing?
agreeing with what?

The police officer has the right to voice his opinion. You seem to disagree.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:46 AM

39,310 posts, read 27,692,603 times
Quote:
Quit spending so much time eating doughnuts, surely there is a broken tail light somewhere or a jay walker to beat.
This is what you posted earlier, no?

You seem to be biased towards ALL police officers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies