Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 04:14 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

Even some other Republicans are upset about this. They know this guy, and Trumps original insult was that he was all talk, no walk......apparently unaware that the guy has a long long history of walking the walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 04:15 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump is not capable of ignoring anyone who he perceives as having slighted him. That's one of his many flaws, and it's a big one. He takes everything personally and responds in kind. Not the attribute of a great leader in any way, shape or form.

That "personal flaw" got him elected president.

America wants someone fighting on their side.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Trump actually was on point on how bad the district is doing.

Georgia's 5th congressional district: Demographics, crime, map

Now what I find funny is that Lewis' net worth is only $10,000. Washington post has it at $72,000 another paper estimates his net worth between $9,000 and $135,000. After all those years he's served - his equals in gov't are worth millions - I think if this guy was investigated - he'd be up a creek. These long timers think everyone has got their back - but in politics - it's every man for himself and he might just find out he doesn't have the protection and immunity he's counted on.
LOL. You didn't read your link did you? Oh thats comedy gold. I'd like to quote all of it as its clearly written to take this whole argument apart...but...
Quote:
The most recent violent crime rate for Atlanta and more than two dozen of its largest surrounding counties, according to the FBI, was 401 per 100,000 residents. That puts Atlanta at a rate similar to that of Clarksville, Tenn, which came in at 405. That's higher than the rate of the Dallas-Fort Worth area (338) but lower than Kansas City (536), Columbia, S.C. (651) and Columbus, Ga. (469).
Theres lots more like that....in your link

Old 01-15-2017, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The constant scrutiny and relentless criticism will be more than he's built to handle.

The presidency won't be nearly as fun as he expected it to be.

He's already beginning to fold and he isn't even in office yet.

Very amusing.

Did you expect him to make it past the first primary debate?

The second?

No.

Few did.

So, we learn from our mistakes.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:21 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
You make it sound like Trump just randomly started attacking Lewis on Twitter. Trump was simply defending himself against Lewis' claim that he was not 'legitimate'. What did Lewis think was going to happen? Has he been asleep for the last year and a half?

And what does MLK weekend have to do with anything? Do you think that black people get to say whatever they want without blowback on certain days? Give me a break.
President Obama has been verbally attacked over and over for the last eight years, and he has always
handled himself with grace and dignity.

Trump doesn't like something someone says, then he has a meltdown like a bratty little toddler - name calling and overreacting....Secure, Sane adults do not act like this. He needs to grow up. Or go seek
Psychiatric help.

This is going to be a very long four years for him...it will only get worse...not better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
He really needs to get it under control. But I must say, it's a tactic that works with a lot of people. I think I might try it.

Next week, the next time someone in my office comes into a staff meeting and tells me that they didn't like the way I handled X account, or they criticize my past presentations/meetings, I'm going to tell them that my isssues and shortcomings don't matter because your's are bad too, maybe even worse, so go away and don't try to make our department any better or stop any mistakes. I'm sure my boss is gonna love this!

OK, ChristineVA.

Let's see how that works when your co-worker announces that you are not a legitimate employee.

Your turn!

Actually this is a little worse if you think about it. Trump was attacking a senator-who voted on FEDERAL things, for how his district was doing. Basically its almost like a "You are so inept at your job that you couldnt manage to enrich your district at the expense of the country".

Think about that.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:24 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump is not capable of ignoring anyone who he perceives as having slighted him. That's one of his many flaws, and it's a big one. He takes everything personally and responds in kind. Not the attribute of a great leader in any way, shape or form.
Really? So if I say your post is stupid, you're not gonna tell me anything back?

Old 01-15-2017, 04:27 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I live in metro Atlanta, so I have more idea of what goes on there than Trump does. Trump has little idea what he's talking about.

Trump to John Lewis: Fix your

Quote:
And it has the bulk of Georgia’s higher education institutions: Emory University, Clark Atlanta University, Morehouse College, Georgia Tech and Georgia State University are all in the 5th Congressional District. It is also where many of the state’s Fortune 500 companies are based, including Coca Cola Co., Southern Co. and Delta Air Lines.

It is also one of the most diverse districts in the South. Census data show it is about 58 percent black and 33 percent white, along with a growing Hispanic population. The district has an 8.2 percent unemployment rate and the median household income for residents is about $48,000.
Quote:
The Democrat’s district includes parts of Fulton, DeKalb and Clayton counties – and most of the city of Atlanta – as well as Brookhaven, College Park, Decatur and Morrow. The district has several of Atlanta’s most prominent gems, including Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the King Center and the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:29 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Even some other Republicans are upset about this. They know this guy, and Trumps original insult was that he was all talk, no walk......apparently unaware that the guy has a long long history of walking the walk.
What did Trump do to Lewis that Lewis took upon himself to say: Trump is not a legitimate President? It is like the CNN reporter that would not shut up at the Press Conference. If you make a statement like Lewis or actions like the reporter Trump is listening and he will respond.

How many times did Obama place the blame on FOX for what he perceived were problems getting his word out? Of course Obama used the main stream media and was not quite so blunt - but it was a response to his 'threat'. Other Presidents have also responded to perceived threats.

This election has split many groups. Feelings are running high. It is in the best interest of America to work together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies