Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:24 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,406,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
The BREAKING NEWS will be when Putin reveals how he hacked the voting machines in the swing states!
I heard that he shrunk himself with super-KGB technology, put himself into an envelope, and mailed himself around the country, crawling up into every voting machine in the swing states with a tiny little wrench and a mischievous laugh!

But, seriously, half of the nation despises Leftist politics. Not accepting this is to live in a paranoid fantasy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 07:25 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,704,602 times
I did the cold war warrior thing back in the 80s - things today aren't anything like they were back then. But we should be aware that Russian values really haven't changed, and Putin really would like to rebuild his nation back into superpower status.

As long as we are aware of exactly who (and what) we are dealing with, we can proceed to have relations.

The trouble with the Obama administration was that he never learned who he was dealing with in Putin, which is why Putin walked all over the US for the last eight years.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:37 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,345,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
I did the cold war warrior thing back in the 80s - things today aren't anything like they were back then. But we should be aware that Russian values really haven't changed, and Putin really would like to rebuild his nation back into superpower status.

As long as we are aware of exactly who (and what) we are dealing with, we can proceed to have relations.

The trouble with the Obama administration was that he never learned who he was dealing with in Putin, which is why Putin walked all over the US for the last eight years.
What do you think we should do going forward, how should we change our policy towards Russia to prevent their aggression in places like Ukraine and Crimea.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,681,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What do you think we should do going forward, how should we change our policy towards Russia to prevent their aggression in places like Ukraine and Crimea.
A good place to start is to investigate and prevent their aggression right here in America. You screw with our election system you're messing with the very fabric of our existence.
I know the republicans feel the same because they are passing voter laws, in many states they control, to restrict voting as much as possible, just because there's a remote possibility that a dozen people may have voted twice and affected the election.
If a couple unverified voters is so important to them, then the possibility that the Russian government under V. Putin has been tampering with our election process and having secret talks with the new government should raise a red flag in every faction of our government.
The fact that our intelligence agencies all at once are putting this front and center to the legislators and the American people, while we as a people are getting nothing but denials and obfuscation from the President elect and his supporters should be nothing short of a lit fuse in a room full of dynamite.

People can call us crybabies, losers and anti patriotic but to not speak out now, is to betray our nation, the principles it stands for and our fellow citizens.

No. This is not going away. If anything, the pot is about to boil over.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:00 PM

16,766 posts, read 8,240,967 times
Burr that's our Senator in NC. Should have lost election. He is a sorry excuse of a Senator.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:11 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,117,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
A good place to start is to investigate and prevent their aggression right here in America. You screw with our election system you're messing with the very fabric of our existence.
I know the republicans feel the same because they are passing voter laws, in many states they control, to restrict voting as much as possible, just because there's a remote possibility that a dozen people may have voted twice and affected the election.
If a couple unverified voters is so important to them, then the possibility that the Russian government under V. Putin has been tampering with our election process and having secret talks with the new government should raise a red flag in every faction of our government.
The fact that our intelligence agencies all at once are putting this front and center to the legislators and the American people, while we as a people are getting nothing but denials and obfuscation from the President elect and his supporters should be nothing short of a lit fuse in a room full of dynamite.

People can call us crybabies, losers and anti patriotic but to not speak out now, is to betray our nation, the principles it stands for and our fellow citizens.

Lol no. The only reason you even
Care about so called Russian interference is because Hillary lost.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:13 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,357,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
This is about way more than this election. They, and the nation, have everything to lose. Whenever your break tradition, such as that of a peaceful transition and to let some things lie, you've changed the political landscape forever and have put much more on the line than any short term gain.

We'll see in regard to any supposed communication. I'm unsure as to your concept of the meaning of "fake news".

The president elect doesn't need to do anything. This is not a consolation prize interim for the Left, in spite of the obviousness that it is their perception that it is such. In relation to the democrats in general, my twelve eight old girl isn't this bad when she doesn't get her way.
Not sure I understand who THEY is - the decision to reverse direction and investigate was made by Burr, a Republican. Concerns about the implication of future Trump-led ties to Russia are bi-partisan.

Sure it's a concern that Comey chose to make public right before the election that the FBI was taking a look at Clinton e-mails found on the Weiner computer. Even Clinton detractors found it hard to believe he would do that if it were ONLY a matter that some new work related e-mails might be discovered that just happened to be confidential (and marked). Remember that only 3 out of the 30,000 or more already examined fell into that category. So many posited there just HAD to be something more - Clinton-involved child abuse - to warrant sending that letter. Turns out there was nothing. Some duplicate work e-mails. And worse - THAT could have been determined prior to the election and that letter.

So, yes, to find out that the FBI was simultaneously conducting an investigation (and continues to do so to this day, I believe) into Trump's ties to Russia that remained unacknowledged does lead to this sense that our election was just less FREE than it should have been.

That IS in the past. Now there's the transition. And, yes, I agree with you that even though our election wasn't fully respected that we should pick up and go on and accept if not welcome President Trump. But if we learned anything in October it IS that those in power who are nominally trusted can REALLY SCREW-UP. No more.

I've no idea what or who is behind the Dossier - though I'd can't help but wonder why all the briefings if its naught but COMPLETE foolishness. Simple Democratic payback for the Comey letter? Possible, I suppose. But then why Burr's sudden reversal to investigate? Maybe McCain's involvement is less about sour grapes and more his concern as a patriot with the implications of Flynn.

Regardless, Trump as President is going to have to cope.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:19 PM

51,671 posts, read 25,908,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

Republicans have been so vigilant about voter fraud that it's stunning they have been so easy-going about Russian interference in our elections. What's with that?

If the Kremlin meddling in our elections isn't bad enough, now Michael Flynn, Trump's pick for national security adviser, is chatting up the Russian ambassador numerous times on the very day the United States retaliated for Moscow's interference in the U.S. presidential election.

Trump supporters need to give up calling for a "smooth transition of power" as Trump and his staff are already acting as if this has already happened.

The rest the country is becoming increasingly alarmed at this turn of events.

At this point, a Republican committee looking into matters is not going to satisfy citizens. A bipartisan committee is called for and the sooner the better.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:23 PM

51,671 posts, read 25,908,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Not sure I understand who THEY is - the decision to reverse direction and investigate was made by Burr, a Republican. Concerns about the implication of future Trump-led ties to Russia are bi-partisan.

Sure it's a concern that Comey chose to make public right before the election that the FBI was taking a look at Clinton e-mails found on the Weiner computer. Even Clinton detractors found it hard to believe he would do that if it were ONLY a matter that some new work related e-mails might be discovered that just happened to be confidential (and marked). Remember that only 3 out of the 30,000 or more already examined fell into that category. So many posited there just HAD to be something more - Clinton-involved child abuse - to warrant sending that letter. Turns out there was nothing. Some duplicate work e-mails. And worse - THAT could have been determined prior to the election and that letter.

So, yes, to find out that the FBI was simultaneously conducting an investigation (and continues to do so to this day, I believe) into Trump's ties to Russia that remained unacknowledged does lead to this sense that our election was just less FREE than it should have been.

That IS in the past. Now there's the transition. And, yes, I agree with you that even though our election wasn't fully respected that we should pick up and go on and accept if not welcome President Trump. But if we learned anything in October it IS that those in power who are nominally trusted can REALLY SCREW-UP. No more.

I've no idea what or who is behind the Dossier - though I'd can't help but wonder why all the briefings if its naught but COMPLETE foolishness. Simple Democratic payback for the Comey letter? Possible, I suppose. But then why Burr's sudden reversal to investigate? Maybe McCain's involvement is less about sour grapes and more his concern as a patriot with the implications of Flynn.

Regardless, Trump as President is going to have to cope.
Holding bogus press conferences/confrontations certainly isn't helping matters any.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:27 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,681,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Lol no. The only reason you even
Care about so called Russian interference is because Hillary lost.
Not true at all. I was never that fond of Hillary but voted for her over Trump.

The real possibility that Putin, in collaboration with Trump, may have stolen our nation, has me shaken to the core. I view this as the most serious crisis in our nation's history outside the Civil War.

I called my cousin on the res and was talking to him about this and he said,
"Yes, it's a real shame and Poetic justice at the same time. After the Euros spent a hundred years stealing all the land, they built a nation out of it and promptly handed it over to the Russians."

That was his exact words as I can recall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies