Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 08:40 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times

Advertisements

Middle America ‘too violent, dumb, racist’ for new jobs

The reality of that there is a new president in town is starting cause Twitter melt-downs from liberal social-media executives.

I guess Sioux Falls, which is very middle-american is a failure to her with it's 1.9% unemployment rate and 4.1% job growth rate.

She should go to Sioux Falls and go on her rant there about jobs not coming back. I would love to see her stand on a platform and go on a jobs rant in downtown Sioux Falls about jobs not coming back. Only 6,300 jobs produced in one year there.

https://www.bls.gov/regions/midwest/...xfalls_msa.htm

While I love all the Silicon Valley innovation and entertainment that Silicon Valley based companies provided me, I will say the most progressive towns tend to be in middle-America.

Progressive to me is first-rate health-care, upward mobility low-cost of living and a very low unemployment rate.

I went on the companies website but after exploring I don't even know what the company does or if it makes money.

Liberal Tech Executive: Middle America Needs To Realize That They

I assume she hasn't been to affluent middle-american cities like Bismarck, Sioux Falls, Omaha or Rochester, Minnesota that have an extremely, extremely high quality of life.

Wonder if she realizes that areas with the lowest unemployment rates, highest rates of home ownership, income equality and lowest housing burdens as a percentage of income are middle-America towns.

I have been in some towns like Kearney, Nebraska that are as progressive as anything I have seen in California.

I agree that there are some really awful Midwestern places but they are mainly run by Democrats, which is the part of Silicon Valley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 08:48 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
You might want to sign off the internet and trash your smart phone to boycott Silicon Valley.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:52 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You might want to sign off the internet and trash your smart phone to boycott Silicon Valley.
I love Silicon Valley innovation and I thank Silicon Valley companies for having a direct positive impact on my quality of life.

Silicon Valley is an innovation machine and Sioux Falls is a jobs and quality of life machine.

Luckily, for Americans we can enjoy silicon valley innovation without the hassle and extremely low quality of life for non-elites in the state that the technology comes from.

I love thanks to innovation from Silicon Valley that one can have all the luxuries and products in places like Sioux Falls and Kearney, Nebraska that California can not touch as far as quality of life for middle-class, hard working Americans.

$15/hr in South Dakota equals 100,000 a year in Silicon Valley with the no state income tax, much lower sales taxes and extremely low health care costs and very good quality health-care.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:57 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,012,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

The reality of that there is a new president in town is starting cause Twitter melt-downs from liberal social-media executives.

I guess Sioux Falls, which is very middle-american is a failure to her with it's 1.9% unemployment rate and 4.1% job growth rate.

She should go to Sioux Falls and go on her rant there about jobs not coming back. I would love to see her stand on a platform and go on a jobs rant in downtown Sioux Falls about jobs not coming back. Only 6,300 jobs produced in one year there.

https://www.bls.gov/regions/midwest/...xfalls_msa.htm

While I love all the Silicon Valley innovation and entertainment that Silicon Valley based companies provided me, I will say the most progressive towns tend to be in middle-America.

Progressive to me is first-rate health-care, upward mobility low-cost of living and a very low unemployment rate.

I went on the companies website but after exploring I don't even know what the company does or if it makes money.

Liberal Tech Executive: Middle America Needs To Realize That They

I assume she hasn't been to affluent middle-american cities like Bismarck, Sioux Falls, Omaha or Rochester, Minnesota that have an extremely, extremely high quality of life.

Wonder if she realizes that areas with the lowest unemployment rates, highest rates of home ownership, income equality and lowest housing burdens as a percentage of income are middle-America towns.

I have been in some towns like Kearney, Nebraska that are as progressive as anything I have seen in California.

I agree that there are some really awful Midwestern places but they are mainly run by Democrats, which is the part of Silicon Valley.
I'm still holding out hope for #CalExit. We will give you a good deal on the water.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:59 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,365,818 times
Dumb, violent, racist, sounds exactly like every urban center in the US. Of course those elitist ivory tower liberals don't notice it behind the walls of their gated communities or secure condos, protected by deplorables.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:32 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post

Yep. She looks the part.

IRL LARPers are the worst. What a fragile identity she must have.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:37 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
What you don't realize is that this social justice nonsense, largely agitated by silicon valley no-accomplishment plebs like this woman, as well as affirmative action hires and professional victims like Ellen Pao, is an animal of this very specific point in time wherein true technological globalism has not quite taken off yet.

They aren't aware that the force of the money is going to wipe out their idealism as soon as it is necessary to do so. Silicon Valley's engine is unadulterated profit.

What they don't realize is that they are attempting to dictate social culture, which can only act as a non-competitive speed-bump that reduces profit, over the most cut throat, fast moving industry in the world and, eventually, the money is going to route them all out of their social justice safe zone by competitive necessity.

Why?

Because, accept it or not, culture is not the primarily draw of talent to the area. Money is, as well as the weather and topography of the area.

When profits eventually begin to shrink with increased competitive global competition, alienating better talent with an oppressive SJW culture is going to be a non-starter. And it's going to be routed for the sake of remaining competitive. Just wait.

This woman rebuking middle America is a perfect expression of the problem that the area has going forward, and the one that will continue to grow in importance.

Don't think that these tech companies can't change the culture of the area. There is no one better suited to such a task, anywhere in the world. No old world propaganda effort can match what they have the potential to do.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:42 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,765,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

Did you actually read what you linked to? She never said the Midwest, she said "middle America". Middle America is not a geographical place it is a demographic. She was talking exactly about what Sioux Falls has done as an example of how to move America forward.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:25 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Did you actually read what you linked to? She never said the Midwest, she said "middle America". Middle America is not a geographical place it is a demographic. She was talking exactly about what Sioux Falls has done as an example of how to move America forward.
Sure it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle...(United_States)

Old 01-14-2017, 10:29 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,013,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
Where or what is "Silicon County?"

Its that place in California where all the women had silicone breast implants.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies