Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 06:38 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
But then you elect and support a man who does the exact same things that you hated in Obama?
I sure did. Because morals comes before personality with me. I'd rather have Obama back, as much as I despise him, than the corrupt, criminal Clinton. I'll take rudeness and temper tantrums over making deals with our enemies to line her personal coffers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I know a psychotherapist, and she has determined that he has a personality disorder from the way he Tweets, the way he goes after anyone who opposes him, etc. She is a professional. Any other questions?

He doesn't have a mandate. The majority of this country is NOT behind him and does NOT support him. Whether you like it or not, that's important.
A professional that diagnoses based on tweets? Uh, OK.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:45 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So, is "carnival of horrors" a set of buzz words to be used, posted on some liberal "meme" website? Just wondering if y'all think with the same shared mind that y'all hand back and forth or are they all the same person under different names as I keep hearing those same words all over the place.
the liberals are EXCELLENT when it comes to messaging - remember "clown car" for the GOP primary?

Rush often has montages of the colluding media using the exact same wording and phraseology -- which ultimately starts with the DNC.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1vamantim View Post
Realistically it's too late to stop this carnival of horrors (the inauguration), so I'm not thinking about stopping him from being sworn in.

I want him to be removed before he has the opportunity to drag down the U.S. and possibly the entire world. I want him to be impeached as soon as possible. He's not fit for the office of president. He isn't even fit to be the mayor of a small town. This man has a very severe personality disorder. Governing by Tweet, really? Every time I hear/see anything from/about him, I roll my eyes and say, "That idiot." Every. Single. Time. He has not said or done one thing that I support or agree with.

Never forget that he didn't win the popular vote. All of his BS about illegal voting aside (and it IS all BS), the popular vote did not go to him.

These are dark days for the U.S. If he isn't removed, historians are going to look back on this time, and say it was when the U.S. really began to crumble.

Good Lord ! this dude is seriously warped !
So, you want to turn the US into a banana republic. Because stopping the installation, or removing after the inauguration, a legally elected president is doing just that.

It doesn't matter that the popular vote didn't go to him. That's not the way we elect our presidents. If it were, Trump would have run a very different race, and may have won. But we'll never know.

I'm going to love the day when Dems have to eat crow because the economy finally improves after 8 years of a do-nothing-but-golf president.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:54 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,208 times
Can we just deport all Libs...?

THAT would be an awesome country!

MAGA!!

Old 01-17-2017, 10:27 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Realistically it's too late to stop this carnival of horrors (the inauguration), so I'm not thinking about stopping him from being sworn in.

I want him to be removed before he has the opportunity to drag down the U.S. and possibly the entire world. I want him to be impeached as soon as possible. He's not fit for the office of president. He isn't even fit to be the mayor of a small town. This man has a very severe personality disorder. Governing by Tweet, really? Every time I hear/see anything from/about him, I roll my eyes and say, "That idiot." Every. Single. Time. He has not said or done one thing that I support or agree with.

Never forget that he didn't win the popular vote. All of his BS about illegal voting aside (and it IS all BS), the popular vote did not go to him.

These are dark days for the U.S. If he isn't removed, historians are going to look back on this time, and say it was when the U.S. really began to crumble.
Dead on. Can't disagree with a word of this.

At the end of the day we only have ourselves to blame. We sat back idly while we watched the spreading menace of the Radical Right and we did not do a damned thing. Couldn't get off the couch or get our nose out of our favorite electronic device to pay attention to what was happening in the real world. Couldn't be bothered to engage in the political process, couldn't be bothered to understand the lessons of history, we just hoped it would all turn out OK, and assumed that someone else would do all the heavy lifting.

That "it can't happen here" attitude was the perfect opportunity for a populist thug like Donald Trump to make his play. Trump's great talent is manipulation, there is no question he's one of the greatest con-men in history. He had a soft target in the disillusioned and ill informed electorate of the American heartland, and he played them like a fiddle.

There is no room in the dark and stony heart of Donald Trump for compassion or caring about anyone but himself. As a President he could certainly take us down the path to destruction, given his megalomaniac tendencies. He will rule his Administration and the citizens of this country through fear and intimidation as he has done all his life. Will we survive as a democratic republic? We'll see. Americans are slow to respond, but once mobilized can be an overwhelming force.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:39 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Dead on. Can't disagree with a word of this.

At the end of the day we only have ourselves to blame. We sat back idly while we watched the spreading menace of the Radical Right and we did not do a damned thing. Couldn't get off the couch or get our nose out of our favorite electronic device to pay attention to what was happening in the real world. Couldn't be bothered to engage in the political process, couldn't be bothered to understand the lessons of history, we just hoped it would all turn out OK, and assumed that someone else would do all the heavy lifting.

That "it can't happen here" attitude was the perfect opportunity for a populist thug like Donald Trump to make his play. Trump's great talent is manipulation, there is no question he's one of the greatest con-men in history. He had a soft target in the disillusioned and ill informed electorate of the American heartland, and he played them like a fiddle.

There is no room in the dark and stony heart of Donald Trump for compassion or caring about anyone but himself. As a President he could certainly take us down the path to destruction, given his megalomaniac tendencies. He will rule his Administration and the citizens of this country through fear and intimidation as he has done all his life. Will we survive as a democratic republic? We'll see. Americans are slow to respond, but once mobilized can be an overwhelming force.
Let's also not forget you had a lying,cheating and thieving CROOK as your candidate. That didn't help y'all one bit.
Maybe a look inward to see why y'all failed and will continue to fail if there's no change? How else can you explain the massive loss to all the down ballot candidates?

Old 01-17-2017, 03:43 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:

^^^ You saved me a lot of typing..........this post is exactly what I believe and what I want. Donald Trump is absolutely unfit for this position and needs gone before he wrecks it all. I really do not see him keeping this job for long........he is THAT BAD.

If Pence were put in that seat, I could accept it, but never Trump.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:45 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
I think a BIG tube of Preparation-H cream is in order, for those whose rear-ends have been hurting since November 8th.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:47 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I think a BIG tube of Preparation-H cream is in order, for those whose rear-ends have been hurting since November 8th.
Donald is much like a hemorrhoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies