Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 09:03 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Don't you see his behavior on Twitter?
I agree that he needs to stop the Twitter crap and start acting more Presidential.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 09:06 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Umm...what law did he break?
If you didn't know how criminal law works, you don't have to actually commit a law to be prosecuted. If the jury can find you guilty of your intention to do so, you will be sentenced.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:06 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
1. Not the worst but certainly not the best. "Worst" is probably just a little bit too much.
2. Obviously.
3. Define "people". This country has a long history of racial relations not just with African Americans but many other racial minorities, you expect people to just forget history and move on?

What stunned me the most is, about half the country would rather vote for someone's principles rather than character. If you seriously don't think Trump's flaws are much worse than Hilary's, then I'd suggest you get your head straight and wake up.

I can never in any good faith or conscience vote for Trump or anyone like him based on their character and how they conduct themselves. Nobody likes "political correctness", but is there no filter? Can we just run for office and start cursing? You'd get fired so fast from your job if that was the case you won't even know what hit you. Hold public officials to the same standard of decency as you'd expect of others in your daily life. Is that too much to ask?
Hillary is a horrible person. She straight up lied to the American people. She was peddling influence. She protected her husband for her political ambitions. She holds our troops in contempt. She is a major hypocrite. She's a phony. She used Arkansas as a political stepping stone while she held them in contempt.

I don't like Trump, and I didn't vote for him, but at this time I view her as a much worse person, and I believe most of middle America feels the same.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:07 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
^ She also used NY as a stepping stone. I still don't know what she did for the state while she was a senator.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:08 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Don't you see his behavior on Twitter? He's our version of Hugo Chavez.

It's abhorrent for elected officials to get into public feuds. What's so bad about behaving like an adult?

Donny is unhinged. Something is wrong with him.
Hugo Chavez actually stole the private property of corporations and citizens, so stop with your over the top hysterics.

All I see is talk. He says stuff I'd rather he not say, but I'm seeing his talk translate into actions or him enacting any actual policy decisions that are detrimental to anyone.

We may need to separate his over the top, almost satirical rhetoric, from his manifest actions. Getting all bent up cuz he says stupid stuff is a waste of time if it never translates into reality.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hillary is a horrible person. She straight up lied to the American people. She was peddling influence. She protected her husband for her political ambitions. She holds our troops in contempt. She is a major hypocrite. She's a phony. She used Arkansas as a political stepping stone while she held them in contempt.

I don't like Trump, and I didn't vote for him, but at this time I view her as a much worse person, and I believe most of middle America feels the same.
So Trump didn't lie? Trump didn't do shady things? Are you doing a fair comparison?

Old 01-17-2017, 09:09 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
If you didn't know how criminal law works, you don't have to actually commit a law to be prosecuted. If the jury can find you guilty of your intention to do so, you will be sentenced.
What nonsense are you blabbering about?

Old 01-17-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
What nonsense are you blabbering about?
You asked me what laws did Trump break. I'm not a lawyer to know the details so I cannot prove to you he "broke" any laws.

But as my statement said, you don't have to "break" any laws to be found guilty. Your intent is good enough. Do you not read?

Old 01-17-2017, 09:12 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Let's see you do that in your job. Please, start cursing at your managers, at your coworkers. Calling people out and so forth. Let's see how's your "job performance" then.
Trump was not an employee, he was the top guy and you don't get there being timid and afraid to step on some toes.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:13 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump hits back at people that attack him. That's all right with me
Actually it's childish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies