Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 11:41 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,794,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
That would be reasonable if this wasn't a PR stunt a bad one at that, why wouldnt he meet with a black intellectual someone who can affect change not a radio host.
Who, Cornel West (Hill's suggestion)? The guy who last week called Trump a "nightmare" and slammed Obama for being a capitalist and criticizing the Baltimore rioters?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...acy-presidency

Quote:
If the roles were reversed and the black majority president meet with Opie and Anthony or Howard stern you would also be like wtf?
If America was black majority there would be much bigger problems to worry about than who the president elect was chatting with the week before the inauguration.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:05 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,280,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
CNN goes completely off the deep end.

Calls family feud host, Steve Harvey, along with several others, "Mediocre Negros" because they support Donald Trump.

Marc Lamont Hill calls CNN panelist a 'mediocre Negro' | Daily Mail Online
Well, Marc Lamont Hill won this round of the argument on who is more annoying he or Van Jones. Though it must be said, Marc Lamont Hill takes some beating when he is on that crazy eyed, leftist ranting with that fever pitched tone. He is indeed a study of somebody who will eventually succumb to mental illness. Far too uptight and the tantrums of a child to match.

Marc Hills biggest issue is that he himself is fairly unknown. To see a celeb like Steve Harvey meeting with the president, really hit a nerve with the egotistical Hill. This poor guy's brain must have been in overdrive as he came to terms with his own relative obscurity. The arrogance to deem those invited to meet with Trump as "mediocre negroes" prove the base negativity and continual need for division by people like Marc Lamont Hill.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:12 AM

17,034 posts, read 12,655,489 times
marc Lamont actually, "While he says he likes Harvey, and understands his motives, he wishes the Family Feud host had brought experts on race issues with him to the meeting"

Well Harvey is not an expert....

at crappy blame shifting apparently.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:14 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,391,466 times
I'm curious......what does Harvey need to become an "expert" on blacks?

Old 01-18-2017, 05:22 AM

57,404 posts, read 26,413,894 times
Why is it an issue for Steve Harvey to meet with Trump is he supposed to go 4 years without talking to a black person, this is ridiculous. Steve Harvey appears to be good, well intentioned individual and spoke to him about issues in some of our cities. I don't recall it being a big deal when Kanye West met with him a few weeks ago, why the furor.

Besides I don't recall Trump making any stupid statements regarding blacks, everyone else but not blacks.

Last edited by Goodnight; 01-18-2017 at 05:30 AM..

Old 01-18-2017, 07:12 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,910,259 times
I get the point CNN contributor Marc Lamont Hill was trying to make.

I also see the double standard. It's OK when a black person refers to another black person at Negro. Had a white person under similar circumstances done so, all hell would have broken loose.

Subsequent, Marc Lamont Hill got into a Twitter exchange with Fox News Contributer, Mikwaukee Sheriff David Clark and Clark lets loose with " Jigaboo".

Can you imagine the ****e storm had say Hannity tweeted that remark?

Both the CNN and Fox News contributers used what are considered derogatory terms to describe people of their own race.

CNN

Old 01-18-2017, 03:59 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,767,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why is it an issue for Steve Harvey to meet with Trump is he supposed to go 4 years without talking to a black person, this is ridiculous. Steve Harvey appears to be good, well intentioned individual and spoke to him about issues in some of our cities. I don't recall it being a big deal when Kanye West met with him a few weeks ago, why the furor.

Besides I don't recall Trump making any stupid statements regarding blacks, everyone else but not blacks.
Indeed. But Harvey isn't towing the MSM false narrative that Trump is a racist bigot. That is why he and others were attacked.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:08 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,445,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I get the point CNN contributor Marc Lamont Hill was trying to make.

I also see the double standard. It's OK when a black person refers to another black person at Negro. Had a white person under similar circumstances done so, all hell would have broken loose.

Subsequent, Marc Lamont Hill got into a Twitter exchange with Fox News Contributer, Mikwaukee Sheriff David Clark and Clark lets loose with " Jigaboo".

Can you imagine the ****e storm had say Hannity tweeted that remark?

Both the CNN and Fox News contributers used what are considered derogatory terms to describe people of their own race.

CNN
Omarosa got the same treatment from Spike Lee when she joined Trump's team.

Disclosure: I personally know her as we're from the same area and roughly the same age.

Her father and brother were murdered on the streets of our war zone city. You'd think that's "hood" enough for her critics but I guess not.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:49 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,460,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
CNN goes completely off the deep end.

Calls family feud host, Steve Harvey, along with several others, "Mediocre Negros" because they support Donald Trump.

Marc Lamont Hill calls CNN panelist a 'mediocre Negro' | Daily Mail Online
Marc Lamont Hill is a mediocre professor at Columbia who wouldn't have any academic job at all if universities hadn't started African American/Africana, Latino/a/Chicano/Chicana, Asian-American, Native American, women's, gay and (soon) transgender "studies" departments back in the 1960s in order to placate SJWs.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:05 AM

6,245 posts, read 3,638,413 times
Marc Lamont Hill completely ignore the fact that Steve Harvey has a foundation for children where they're set up with mentors, go to camp, get help with the education, etc. Yes his bread and butter is as a comedian and talk show host, but he grew up in Chicago and deals directly with the community. I'm sure the kids whose lives have taken a turn for the better because of his foundation do not think of Harvey as mediocre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies