Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 09:43 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I never heard anyone talk about the assassination of Obama. CNN ran a story about what would happen if Trump were killed. This is how bad the lefts hate is. The hate is so bad they threatened the life of people who were going to perform for Trump. Andrea Bocelli had death threats . This is one sick world.

They had a special force protecting Trump. This is how the tolerant left is. Hate daily coming out of CNN and MSNBC and the internet. Many Christians believe God sent Trump to get this country on the right path. You and I really don't know if God did or didn't bring Trump to the forefront of this nation.
Assassination attempts are not major news stories because the Secret Service, news organizations, and whoever is president do not want to give nuts any ideas or encouragement.

But it's not hard to find out about them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assass...t_Barack_Obama

You are willfully blind if you think that presidential assassination threats are only directed to "conservative" presidents by "liberal" nuts.

Quote marks are because I think that many of these nuts are motivated primarily by their own delusions, and not by what most of us would consider politics.

Last edited by jacqueg; 01-19-2017 at 09:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 09:44 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
I heard there were numerous death threats to Trump and his family. I kept looking at Melania and at times she looks scared as they stood in front of the cameras unprotected. I think it is tragic if the family fears what might happen because of all the hatred coming from the news networks, Hollywood and the internet.

It is terrible to think that those who preach tolerance are this hateful.

I find myself praying for the Trump family for protection.

Donald Trump has stepped up for the American people and this is how they treat him. I know what haters can do. After all they nailed Jesus to the cross and he was perfect trying to save an imperfect human race.
Hearsay is always a solid basis for a thread

SS does not disclose active death threats so the source of your information is mistaken.

All past, present and future presidents and their families get threats. Some are credible and some are noise.

Did you pray for Obama and his family?

Melania often looks like a deer caught in the headlights. Don't think anything can prepare an elect family for the ensuing 4-8 years of living in a fishbowl and being despised by so many people. Does not matter who or party.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:45 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
The secret service? Yeah, they protect all the presidents...
No , a special task force lookng for drones and other ways to attack. The hate is over the top. They know it . The tolerant left have been the crazy haters all the time.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:46 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
No, there was something much different about Melania today. Fear and an uneasiness in her face. It was strange.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyP...&v=f2RUepqpErI

Old 01-19-2017, 09:47 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
I never heard anyone talk about the assassination of Obama. CNN ran a story about what would happen if Trump were killed. This is how bad the lefts hate is. The hate is so bad they threatened the life of people who were going to perform for Trump. Andrea Bocelli had death threats . This is one sick world.

They had a special force protecting Trump. This is how the tolerant left is. Hate daily coming out of CNN and MSNBC and the internet. Many Christians believe God sent Trump to get this country on the right path. You and I really don't know if God did or didn't bring Trump to the forefront of this nation.
What special force, no more than any other president got. Wow, if many Christians believe Trump was sent by god then they are very misguided. And we should all know for a fact that God didn't give us Trump. Many the devil did. lol But certainly not God because he is all loving. Trump is a narcissist who only loves himself.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:48 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Why should it be a rough four years? Trump wants to help the poor get better jobs, people of all creed and color Trump is working for . So the hate comes from the left just to hate. Right? Trump will work hard to prosper this country and protect American people . Not a bad thing at all.

Trump has many democrats and independents supporting him. It is the crazy left that is the big problem with hate and that includes those who drink in the hateful propaganda from the left.
Trump is no different than any other, with the exception of openly mocking anyone that opposed him after the election including wishing Happy New Year to his enemies and apparently creating a list of those who opposed him. Trump appears to be uniquely vengeful, but his stated goal is no different than the stated goal of any other president. He is not being targeted any more than any other president.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:48 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It's going to be a rough four years for Trump supporters if they think this is bad compared to what President Obama went through - which they said was justified, including Fox. They'll get used to it.
Who said what was justified?

Cite your sources, please.

Every POTUS has to deal with the crazies.

Some have even managed to get shot by the nut jobs.

And they were white...so, do go on...

Old 01-19-2017, 09:49 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I think just about everyone has stayed in the shadows. Only about 10,000 people showed up to the concert at the Lincoln Memorial.

Although Trump said the crowds were HUGE, people came by the "thousands and thousands", and nothing like that had ever been done before for an inauguration celebration.

... Well not since 2009 at least, when 400,000 people attended.

It'll be interesting to see what types of crowds show up tomorrow, considering 2 days ago people were "pouring into Washington in record numbers." Maybe the thousands of "bikers for Trump" that are driving from all over the country just haven't shown up yet?
There are 472 rooms available on Travelocity right now, and another 245 on Priceline. This is probably going to be the smallest turnout for an inauguration in decades. With the incoming president's approval ratings in the mid-30s it's clear no one wants to be there.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:51 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Hearsay is always a solid basis for a thread

SS does not disclose death threats.

All past, present and future presidents and their families get threats. Some are credible and some are noise.

Did you pray for Obama and his family?

Melania often looks like a deer caught in the headlights. Don't think anything can prepare an elect family for the ensuing 4-8 years of living in a fishbowl and being despised by so many people. Does not matter who or party.
yes I did pray. This would have definitely divided our country for many many years. If something tragic happened the repercussions would have been enormous and it would be a huge stain on our country .

Obama was the most left senator there was in Congress. His idealogy was the worst. Doesn't mean you want him dead . That is crazy! That is why the left is so out of bounds now.

We did not protest . Sure there are crazies out there . But the crazies of the left are huge in number and very vocal about their hate...they preach hate and it is accepted daily on CNN and MSNBC. I don't hear anyone saying calm down . Not even Obama.

Trump is saying Obama and Michelle are wonderfully kind to him. No hate.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:52 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There are 472 rooms available on Travelocity right now, and another 245 on Priceline. This is probably going to be the smallest turnout for an inauguration in decades. With the incoming president's approval ratings in the mid-30s it's clear no one wants to be there.
Is it true only 10,000 came tonight? With a crowd that small, it doesn't sound like there was much of a threat.

Quote:
yes I did pray. This would have definitely divided our country for many many years. If something tragic happened the repercussions would have been enormous and it would be a huge stain on our country .

Obama was the most left senator there was in Congress. His idealogy was the worst. Doesn't mean you want him dead . That is crazy! That is why the left is so out of bounds now.

We did not protest . Sure there are crazies out there . But the crazies of the left are huge in number and very vocal about their hate...they preach hate and it is accepted daily on CNN and MSNBC. I don't hear anyone saying calm down . Not even Obama.

Trump is saying Obama and Michelle are wonderfully kind to him. No hate.
With President Obama the hate just came from Fox, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Drudge Report, New York Post, Coulter, Ingraham, Glenn Beck, etc. And it was Trump that spent YEARS saying President Obama was not born in this country into every microphone he could find. President Obama has been pure class toward Trump by comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies