Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 03:10 PM

51,695 posts, read 25,976,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
No they won't The same ignorance and lack of character will persist and they will never acknowledge their terrible mistake------not even to themselves. I will never again trust anyone who voted for him, with anything and not just limited to political issues.
I agree. I doubt the people who bought into his B.S. all along are going to wake up one morning and realize what a colossal blunder this was.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:37 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,311,194 times
The look on his and Melania's faces seem like those kids who lie to get into a club and then spend the rest of the night paranoid and afraid they're going to get caught out as frauds.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:57 PM

It felt like I had heard parts of Trump's speech before. Parts of it sounded like a description of some desolate district in the Hunger Games, but couldn't quite place it.

Then our son pointed out that it was the Batman movie, Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises.

For example, Trump vows to give America back to the people, saying "We're giving it back to you, the people."

In The Dark Knight Rises, Bane freed prisoners in Gotham City the stood on top a car and said, "And we give it back to you, the people."

This is too damn funny.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:02 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,804,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Trump claims 1.5 million people attended his inauguration:

Trump protests media coverage of crowds at inauguration
I don't know why anyone cares about the difference in attendance numbers between 2009 and 2017. The fact is most Trump voters do not live near DC, and most watched the inauguration on TV. There were probably enough Obama voters in the DC metro alone to fill up the mall in 2009, and many probably came from other nearby cities like Baltimore and Philly.

Last edited by southernnaturelover; 01-21-2017 at 05:18 PM..

Old 01-21-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There were bikers. CNN mentioned them, but since they were on he same side of the street as the protesters, they did not show them. They didn't want to show any protesting.
I saw some bikers interviewed. They were middle-aged to older guys who claimed to have ridden their bikes all the way from the West Coast. I believe one said he rode 500 miles a day.

I was pretty impressed. That's a long darn ride for anyone, let alone men their age.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:17 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,697,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If we isolate ourselves and don't have allies, we will nothing in this world. You cannot be a super power, which we are, without allies. So is that what you want...to isolate our country from the world and not help other countries.
Putting America first is helping our friends. Obama spent most of his time harming our friends and helping our enemies. Did you not see the first word in that post. It is "no" we are not to be isolated but we need to show more judgment in who we associate with and friends are not real friends if they take advantage of us and do not pay their fair share. Our leaders caused that because they let it happen. You cannot buy allies. That's why most of the world resents us.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:25 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,697,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I agree. I doubt the people who bought into his B.S. all along are going to wake up one morning and realize what a colossal blunder this was.
Will you ever realize it was not a blunder? I was watching the prayer breakfast this morning and realized that many of those protesters have never experienced a president who taught them to be a loyal American and put their country first. America has nothing to apologize to anybody including those whiny protestors who, like Obama, are all talk and no action. I am tired of hearing race, gender, income equality, and all those other stupid Hillary talking points. If you have a job, a roof over your head and food in your stomach you are better off than many people in many countries. Count your blessings, go to work and shut your mouth.

My husband came to me this morning after watching one of the protesters being interviewed and said, "She was protesting because a woman didn't win." What an idiot crybaby! I listened to one from Northern Virginia who mentioned several groups and then made the assumption that they had voted for Hillary. Well, you know what she did when she assumed. I fall into two of the groups that she mentioned and I would not have voted for Hillary if she had been the only person running after seeing her stand over four honorable people and lie about why they were dead.

And if I hear one more time how much smarter and richer Hillary's supporters are than Trumps.....total BS. She had most media and more money and she was still not smart enough to win. I think that proves that we true Americans chose the best candidate. Going to a dumbed down college and getting a degree does not help your I.Q., evidently.

Last edited by NCN; 01-21-2017 at 04:44 PM..

Old 01-21-2017, 04:49 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,991,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I agree. They were half-a--ed decent yesterday....But, they couldn't resist throwing the jabs every few sentences.

I am so sick of their partisan news.....
I guess it depends when you switched to CNN. What people who don't watch any channel but Fox News fail to realize is that CNN has many different hosts who often have a round-table discussion with pundits from both sides of the aisle. Often they hotly debate issues. There's one woman, Kaleigh McEnany, who is always defending Trump and gets into heated discussions with anyone who criticizes Trump. She even defended him when the Access Hollywood tape was released.

What I think when most people here write they're sick of all the partisan news, they really mean "I don't want to hear people who disagree with me or the person I elected."

Old 01-21-2017, 04:54 PM

29,540 posts, read 22,837,124 times
Nice piece

Op-Ed: The one person Trump left out of his speech

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/op-ed-...180436045.html

Quote:
Did you notice something funny about President Donald Trump 's inaugural address? That he, um ... left someone out?

In what was probably the most populist inaugural address in American presidential history, President Trump began with the people, continued with the people, and ended with the people.

It seemed like the first time in his very long public life that he didn't at least carve out a significant portion of a speech to talk about ... himself!
Quote:
In the biggest sign of personal humility, President Trump invoked the name of God more than once during the speech. For example, near the end he said, "The Bible tells us how good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity."

That's not something we're used to when it comes to Mr. Trump, and neither was an entire speech without one bit about his personal accomplishments or opponents he'd overcome.

The problem with most populist leaders is that they usually become less about the people the more power they get. If this speech is any indication, President Trump is trying to finally make his time in office about something other than himself.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,991,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Nice piece

Op-Ed: The one person Trump left out of his speech

[url]http://finance.yahoo.com/news/op-ed-one-person-trump-180436045.html[/url]

So the fact that it was full of lies, misrepresentations and exaggerations doesn't matter?

By the way, if you watch a video of Obama's inaugural speech in 2009, he used "we" throughout it. It was a lot more inspirational and unifying, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies