Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 05:56 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
In a couple of months, you will be his biggest cheerleader...
Prove it. Keep on making grandiose predictions. Donald Trump said he would have record numbers at his inaugurations. He said he would get 100 Black pastors to endorse him. So far, neither has taken place. Just admit that he is what YOU want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 06:00 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Yeah but this si worse. People should rally behind Trump rather if we like him or not. He gets my support, but that's all. I'm not angry at all. People must move forward.
You say to support Trump but you called him a racist term called "kosher dud boy". You're just another democratic in sheep's clothing. Nice try.

Next thread.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:12 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
I think about the things Donald Trump has said. None of those things have any kind of uniting quality. The current signs do not look promising.

Trump Says Judge

Judge Gonzalo Curiel Attacked By Donald Trump For Mexican Heritage : NPR

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.08a46e9c0dec

Is Donald Trump Racist? 15 Controversial Quotes President-Elect Said About Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Asians And Obama

Old 01-20-2017, 06:19 PM

1,147 posts, read 718,489 times
America's divisiveness is a cultural problem, which comes from excessive individualism.

When you're unwilling to balance your individual aspirations with an understanding for other people's experiences and opinions, you contribute to the fractionalisation of society.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:21 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
America is going to stay divided. The era of the Tea Party ushered in an unprecedented level of immaturity in politics, and daily life for people with different political beliefs.

I had an acquaintance in high school. We shared some classes and extracurricular activities. We had a mutual good friend, so we hung out pretty often. He was a conservative republican even back then and wanted to start a republican club at school for his fellow conservatives. Our school did not have any political clubs so it would have been unusual. He frequently invited me to be a founding member, with his conservative BFF.

He was well aware that I was liberal. I politely declined because I didn't want them to gang up on me. We talked about politics pretty often. And never agreed. But our talks never delved into "stupid liberal snowflake" or "dumb conservative. We talked about the issues and disagreed. I didn't leave our conversations thinking he was an evil racist. And this went on for 2 years till he graduated. And I moved away and we didn't stay in touch.

Fast forward many years. Sadly, those productive conversations we shared were no longer possible in the new conservative era. He eventually became a hardcore Tea Partier. And with that came the rhetoric that we still have today. Hatred, insults, name-calling. No one can disagree without name calling. Politicians forgot their job was to make the country better, not blindly side with their party.

And look at this message board. Every 2 seconds there is a thread about liberal losers, loser snowflakes, whining liberals. You can't even try to start a productive conversation because name calling starts within two posts. It is pointless.

There is no healing the divide if there is no listening. And Trump's lifetime of behavior shows that he is more apt to hold a grudge and insult people than carefully consider his phrasing to be more diplomatic. The divide can't be healed until there are some basic expectations and requirements of civility. That's not happening anytime soon.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:26 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
America is going to stay divided. The era of the Tea Party ushered in an unprecedented level of immaturity in politics, and daily life for people with different political beliefs.

I had an acquaintance in high school. We shared some classes and extracurricular activities. We had a mutual good friend, so we hung out pretty often. He was a conservative republican even back then and wanted to start a republican club at school for his fellow conservatives. Our school did not have any political clubs so it would have been unusual. He frequently invited me to be a founding member, with his conservative BFF.

He was well aware that I was liberal. I politely declined because I didn't want them to gang up on me. We talked about politics pretty often. And never agreed. But our talks never delved into "stupid liberal snowflake" or "dumb conservative. We talked about the issues and disagreed. I didn't leave our conversations thinking he was an evil racist. And this went on for 2 years till he graduated. And I moved away and we didn't stay in touch.

Fast forward many years. Sadly, those productive conversations we shared were no longer possible in the new conservative era. He eventually became a hardcore Tea Partier. And with that came the rhetoric that we still have today. Hatred, insults, name-calling. No one can disagree without name calling. Politicians forgot their job was to make the country better, not blindly side with their party.

And look at this message board. Every 2 seconds there is a thread about liberal losers, loser snowflakes, whining liberals. You can't even try to start a productive conversation because name calling starts within two posts. It is pointless.

There is no healing the divide if there is no listening. And Trump's lifetime of behavior shows that he is more apt to hold a grudge and insult people than carefully consider his phrasing to be more diplomatic. The divide can't be healed until there are some basic expectations and requirements of civility. That's not happening anytime soon.
With Trump there will be absolutely no healing whatsoever. He takes too much pleasure in ripping open any wound. Time will tell if we change to just States of America without the United.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:29 PM

1,768 posts, read 716,356 times
lets get the facts straight.

He inherited a divided America.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:30 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

well, I don't remember who said it, “Life is a comedy for those who think; a tragedy for those who feel.”

There is constant tension between two forces and they want to pull the country to their point of view, through funding, legislation, supreme court and other judicial picks.

There is no such a thing as "agree to disagree". It is either "You are a liar and a loser" or "I am a winner and I speak the truth"

Political discussions encourage tribalism and the ‘fight-or-flight’ response. A challenge to our political values is effectively an attack on our hierarchy of needs.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:38 PM

1,400 posts, read 864,120 times
Regardless of your politics, I believe most would agree that the globalists have done a masterful job at dividing this country. It is time to put aside what divides us, and unite under our love for this country.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:39 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,998,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
these electoral college whine threads get so obnoxious... the candidates knew the rules of the game going in, and campaigned in states based on those rules. shut up about the bleeping electoral college already.

There's a reason Aaron Rodgers throws bomb passes when he can get the other team offsides and get a free play or tries to get a free pass off when the other team has 12 men on the field.. he knows the rules of the game. They knew the rules of the game. Hillary didn't campaign in Wisconsin thinking it was in the bag. It was a calculated risk. It didn't pay off. Whine whine whine... played by the rules and lost... whiiiiiiiiinee... have some cheese with that whine.

Of course liberals don't believe in winning and losing which is why schools give trophies when you lose and everyone's a winner. lol.

( first paragraph )................"knew the rules of the game going in "

Exactly what Hillary told Bernie Sanders when he complained of that corrupt Democrat rule known as super delegates .

Quid Quo Pro
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies