Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 05:26 PM

4 posts, read 2,001 times

Advertisements

Today women rights are becoming more important. I agree that men deserve rights to, but women do not have the same rights as men. People should celebrate women's rights instead of pushing it in the corner of neglect. Stand up today and make it where there are equal rights for men and women. People are not going to ignore this issue anymore. We will fight for them.

Back in history, women had to act like men just to do things everyone should be able to do. Female writers had to change their names and act like men just so that producers would put out their books. Do you think that is fair? I don't. Women even had to pretend to be men to fight for their country. Men thought they should just cook, clean, and help the soldiers get better. Men then and now thought that women couldn't be professional doctors, scientists, and artists. That doesn't stop there!

Some men, I don't mean all, think that women's rights aren't important, but they are. Women with children get paid less then men, and nobody wants to acknowledge it. Women deserve the same rights as men do. This important especially today, because the president Donald Trump doesn't think women are important. He made a inappropriate comment towards women, and that is totally wrong.

In the past women had to pretend to be men to get rights. Today, women still do not have equal rights. Also, the president of the United States doesn't agree with women rights. It is important to stand up for women's rights today.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:42 PM

4,314 posts, read 4,012,033 times
switch this to the political forum.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:43 PM

902 posts, read 866,437 times
How much are you asking for those rights? Can we get them by the hour? Any discounts for two at a time?

Old 01-24-2017, 05:48 AM

4 posts, read 2,001 times
Of course not. We can't gain those rights in an hour, a minute, a year, or a month. It is going to take a lot of work and time. We are fighting for something people said we can't have and wouldn't let us have it.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:35 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,603,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenQueen679 View Post
Today women rights are becoming more important. I agree that men deserve rights to, but women do not have the same rights as men. People should celebrate women's rights instead of pushing it in the corner of neglect. Stand up today and make it where there are equal rights for men and women. People are not going to ignore this issue anymore. We will fight for them.

Back in history, women had to act like men just to do things everyone should be able to do. Female writers had to change their names and act like men just so that producers would put out their books. Do you think that is fair? I don't. Women even had to pretend to be men to fight for their country. Men thought they should just cook, clean, and help the soldiers get better. Men then and now thought that women couldn't be professional doctors, scientists, and artists. That doesn't stop there!
You do realize that not able to go to war is actually a protection for women right? Historically speaking, men are expendable while women aren't. Any country or tribe can lose half of their men, their society would be able to recover but if they lose half of their women, it would take a long time. Women were more valuable than men to a society all the way until industrial age.

Quote:
Some men, I don't mean all, think that women's rights aren't important, but they are. Women with children get paid less then men, and nobody wants to acknowledge it.
You are kidding right? Why would anybody just pay women equally if they can't do the equal amount of work with the equal quality?

Women with children get paid less because women choose caring for the children over career.

Quote:
Women deserve the same rights as men do. This important especially today, because the president Donald Trump doesn't think women are important. He made a inappropriate comment towards women, and that is totally wrong.
What was the inappropriate comment? The grabbing? You do realize that it would be inappropriate ONLY IF the women he grabbed objected right? You also realize that he was a celebrity and lines of women were waiting to sleep with him or to be grabbed, right?

Quote:
In the past women had to pretend to be men to get rights. Today, women still do not have equal rights. Also, the president of the United States doesn't agree with women rights. It is important to stand up for women's rights today.
What does the president not agree?

Old 01-24-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Of course not. We can't gain those rights in an hour, a minute, a year, or a month. It is going to take a lot of work and time. We are fighting for something people said we can't have and wouldn't let us have it.
Could you outline a list of your rights that you don't have?

Old 01-24-2017, 07:47 AM

51,671 posts, read 25,914,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Could you outline a list of your rights that you don't have?
Here's a good list.

https://medium.com/@dinachka82/about...a6f#.txk2bk6wk

Old 01-24-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I quoted some of these so that we can have a discussion:

https://medium.com/@dinachka82/about...a6f#.txk2bk6wk

Quote:
You still have to pay taxes for your basic sanitary needs.
You still don’t have paid (or even unpaid) maternity leave.
You still have to go back to work while your body is broken. While you silently suffer from postpartum depression.
I am sorry but we, men or women, do not have the right to spend other people's money on ourselves.

Quote:
You still have to carry mace when walking alone at night.
Why would you carry a mace? I carry a gun. Guess what, over 75% of concealed handgun licencees are men. That's not sexist because you choose to carry mace.

From legal point of view, carrying a mace is stupid. If someone needs to be maced, that person definitely needs to be shot; otherwise, it's an assault with a caustic chemical. Your alleged attacker could very well say "I was just walking by and this crazy woman just sprayed me after shouting some racial slur. I was blinded and feared for my life so I hit her as hard as I could." If you are lucky to be white and he's black, you are done. It's your word v.s. his. If you shoot him on the other hand, it's your word v.s. ... a dead body.

Quote:
You still have to prove to the court why you were drunk on the night you were raped.
You still have to justify your behavior when a man forces himself on you.
No kidding. Innocent until proven guilty is the legal doctrine of this land. There are a few countries in the world operate under guilty until proven innocent. I suggest you try those countries.

Quote:
You are still objectified. You are still catcalled. You are still sexualized. You are still told you’re too skinny or you’re too fat.
I guess promoting a healthy image is just ... sexist. I don't know about you but many of us watch what we eat and work out.

Quote:
You are still being abused
If you choose to be abused, that's your problem. Leave your abuser, sue them, shoot them if necessary, make them pay. Abuse is not a woman thing. Men are abused too.

Quote:
You are still worse off if you are a woman of color
How is that?

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 01-24-2017 at 08:26 AM..

Old 01-24-2017, 09:10 AM

36,672 posts, read 30,985,893 times
Quote:

Some men, I don't mean all, think that women's rights aren't important, but they are. Women with children get paid less then men, and nobody wants to acknowledge it. Women deserve the same rights as men do. This important especially today, because the president Donald Trump doesn't think women are important. He made a inappropriate comment towards women, and that is totally wrong.

This is today, not the past.
What legal rights do women not have that men do?
While I agree there are still some social issue that women as a group need to address, as there are social issues men need to address, women do have the exact legal rights as men.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:12 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,778,657 times
Quote:
women do not have the same rights as men.
Like what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies