Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 05:54 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I respect hilly for dong what she thought was right for her family.
You honestly believe this ?

I have a bridge to sell you.......

Quote:
Btw. Monica had a previous affair w a married teacher... No novice
Which has NOTHING to do with Slick Willie disrespecting EVERY American by fooling around in the White House. The White House is OUR house...the PEOPLE's house....it belongs to the AMERICAN PEOPLE, not to Slick Willie .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 05:55 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Here at the real women heroes.. not a pussyhat in site thank god.

http://www.popfi.com/wp-content/uplo...-soldiers.jpeg
One does not negate the other.

You seem to forget that what soldiers (of both sexes) fight to uphold, is the right to do that very thing you are mocking: participate in the democratic process and make their voice heard. I'd think those uniformed personnel would be more dismayed at those who take those rights for granted or care too little to use the them.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:58 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,192 times
Hillary Schmillery. Ding dong the witch is dead. Move on.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:59 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
http://www.nationalforum.com/Electro...0N1%202010.pdf

Just an interesting policy from a university, on "consensual" sexual relations between students and faculty:

https://www.smu.edu/IAE/PoliciesandP...-Relationships

Oh, and here's another one - from a university in Maine:

Guidelines Regarding Consenting Relationships - University of Maine System

Seems like common sense to me.

https://www.propublica.org/blog/item...than-you-think

I actually do take Monica Lewinsky's word for what happened - much moreso than either Clinton's word for it.

Yes, she was complicit but she also clearly stated that Clinton abused his position and power with her. Anyone with any shred of common sense and honesty can see the vast disparity between their positions of power - or lack thereof.

She even said many times over the years that she wouldn't have minded if he'd just been honest about their relationship, but she was dismayed that he threw her under the bus like a used napkin. I've paraphrased that because I am sick of thinking about her, and her affair with Clinton, and I don't want to google the quote again but that was the gist of it.

In fact, I'm so sick of thinking about the Clintons and Monica Lewinsky and the whole tacky, smarmy mess that I'm done discussing it.
Still not sure why what either of those two did was Hillary's fault. They were both wrong. Bill was wrong, and I didn't see through any of the accounts of what happened that Lewinsky even gave a thought to Bill's wife.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:04 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
LOL. Even Trump said Paula Jones was a gold digger looking for money.

And he should know.

Besides, why are you still deflecting to the Clintons? Neither one is president now.

The serial adulterer, Trump, is president.
You're still blaming Bush after all these years, hypocritical much?

Old 01-26-2017, 07:34 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
... Says the person who helped put them in the WH. I noticed you conspicuously left the Obamas off your list. We just had an enviable couple living in the WH for the last 8 years.
Well, what's that they say - "That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it."

Old 01-26-2017, 07:52 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Are you saying that no one who marched is involved in these issues? How could you possibly know that?
They wasted their time and money on an ineffective event now soundly criticized by several minority groups on what turned out to be nothing more than a Hillary didn't win temper tantrum march.

REAL advocates and activists don't waste resources like that. There's too much need to pilfer resources away on narcissistic self-indulgent temper tantrums.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:07 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. How do you know? Nothing is absolute. However, the amount of effort put into these marches and protests, time, money, energy and numbers, only serve to show me a waste of resources. Bestowing the title of "heroes" upon themselves, and the self proclamations of "bravery" don't go a long way toward inclining me to give any respect. Also, if there are people really involved in the other things we are speaking of, then they know where the real fight is happening. Yet instead of being where their "bravery and heroism" could actually do some good, they choose to be with these protests wearing a ***** hat trying to get their face on TV.

So, how many real victims and/or the ones who love them went without someone who could help and perhaps were lost forever because one of these blithering marches was more important to the one(s) who could have made a difference? Do these marchers not know that? Innocence through ignorance? No, I'm not buying your defense. If there are people participating in these marches who are really involved with victims and families of violence against women and chose the march over the real battle lines they are no better than the ones who aren't really involved and are just there to scream.
Yep. I made the exact same point. And I posted THIS in another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Good grief! Think things through. Organize a giant fundraiser that actually does some good for women and children in need, instead of increasing corporate profits [transportation, lodging, restaurant/food service, etc. mega-corps] by throwing a public temper tantrum.

Promote the crap out of the fundraiser, and repeatedly state exactly what the point of staging the fundraiser is. Cable and network news will provide free airtime to gush all over how wonderful it is.

The temper tantrum march was unfocused, ineffective, and a waste of resources that could have been used MUCH more effectively while garnering MUCH more respect and sympathy for the cause.

Does not one of you know what the hell you're doing?

Old 01-26-2017, 08:12 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They wasted their time and money on an ineffective event now soundly criticized by several minority groups on what turned out to be nothing more than a Hillary didn't win temper tantrum march.

REAL advocates and activists don't waste resources like that. There's too much need to pilfer resources away on narcissistic self-indulgent temper tantrums.
There's many black women who think they didn't feel represented and that the event was "whitewashed".

And I see that point. There were many white women holding "BLM" signs, yet, didn't really take the time to actually talk to any black people who were at the march.

That's my issue with these marches. To some, it's just like "yeah we went to support, but I wouldn't be caught dead talking to one of these "oppressed" people".

YAY DIVISION!

Old 01-26-2017, 08:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
There's many black women who think they didn't feel represented and that the event was "whitewashed".

And I see that point. There were many white women holding "BLM" signs, yet, didn't really take the time to actually talk to any black people who were at the march.

That's my issue with these marches. To some, it's just like "yeah we went to support, but I wouldn't be caught dead talking to one of these "oppressed" people".

YAY DIVISION!
No offense, but were these black women marching or did they stay home with the expectation that someone else would represent them?

This is the problem that I have with these marches.
Lots of people come out of the woodwork to criticize after the fact when they could have stepped up to begin with.

If people want other people to have a better understanding of their issues, experiences, etc. make the effort to put those things front and center.
Don't expect people to read your mind and know that you want contact.

Stand up for your own damn self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies