Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 07:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Dizzy, that's incredibly dismissive of the hundreds of educated, professional women of all ages and their families I rode the train into downtown with on Saturday morning, Many of us have never been politically active beyond voting but felt drawn to connect with other women to shape the future of our country by standing for human decency, compassion, and fairness. The vast majority of those who attended marches conducted themselves with utmost dignity We made it a point to thank the city employees on duty, including the police officers assigned to monitor traffic and the event itself, which was peaceful and well-attended. (There were ~100k in my city, which was way more than twice the number expected.)

I have always appreciated your contributions to the forums, and I'm crushed to see you jump on the wagon of dismissing what was a beautiful and inspirational outpouring of Constitutionally-protected political engagement. The women (and men) on the train home were all talking animatedly about what next. We talked about attending school board meetings, working on local environmental issues, running for office, encouraging our daughters to pursue careers they might think out of reach, working to prevent domestic violence, and, yes, protecting women's right to choice. The whole point was: how can we become more involved? It wasn't just about the darn hats.

Frankly, if you can't see the incredible power in what happened Saturday, well, I just don't know what else to say other than you disappoint me.
WHAT WAS THE MESSAGE? Nobody really knows as there were so many different complaints and bit#hes shouted out at the same time.
Worlds largest estrogen fueled tantrum...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 07:37 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Right? I am sure the mall looked a hot mess after the inauguration. Americans are known for littering. This is par for the course after any large event: Super Bowl Parade, Macy's Parade etc...
When the Tea Party did their events, they all cleaned up after themselves.

There is zero excuse for this type of blatant lazy disregard. These types do this all the time. They are lazy, disrespectful, entitled idiots. I remember in my youth working with the forestry service as volunteer going up through the campsites to clean up after the environmental meets where they bloviated about how much they cared about the environment, but left the place in a literal garbage dump.

This is typical for these progressive groups.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:40 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
No, they didn't leave trash "everywhere". They left trash in front of Trump's hotel. It wasn't litter, it was part of the protest.

Since you guys only believe conservative news sources:

Women’s March protesters leave signs at Trump International Hotel – TheBlaze
THAT'S their (your) excuse?

Lame.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:42 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Dizzy, that's incredibly dismissive of the hundreds of educated, professional women of all ages and their families I rode the train into downtown with on Saturday morning, Many of us have never been politically active beyond voting but felt drawn to connect with other women to shape the future of our country by standing for human decency, compassion, and fairness. The vast majority of those who attended marches conducted themselves with utmost dignity We made it a point to thank the city employees on duty, including the police officers assigned to monitor traffic and the event itself, which was peaceful and well-attended. (There were ~100k in my city, which was way more than twice the number expected.)

I have always appreciated your contributions to the forums, and I'm crushed to see you jump on the wagon of dismissing what was a beautiful and inspirational outpouring of Constitutionally-protected political engagement. The women (and men) on the train home were all talking animatedly about what next. We talked about attending school board meetings, working on local environmental issues, running for office, encouraging our daughters to pursue careers they might think out of reach, working to prevent domestic violence, and, yes, protecting women's right to choice. The whole point was: how can we become more involved? It wasn't just about the darn hats.

Frankly, if you can't see the incredible power in what happened Saturday, well, I just don't know what else to say other than you disappoint me.
You didn't wear one of those pussyhats did you?

Old 01-23-2017, 07:43 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
The same thing happens at most "Earth Day" marches and in the wake of most liberal protests.
At least the Tea Party people cleaned up after themselves.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:49 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream1 View Post
http://i.imgur.com/WOz2Zow.jpg

I thought they were also concerned about the environment?
You do realize that line of signs was left there on purpose so that Trump could see them when he comes and goes from key points near his hotel and the White House. A spokes person from the D.C. parks department said the trash left behind was no more than is left behind on the 4th of July.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You do realize that line of signs was left there on purpose so that Trump could see them when he comes and goes from key points near his hotel and the White House. A spokes person from the D.C. parks department said the trash left behind was no more than is left behind on the 4th of July.
There is no justification, only excuses being made.

Let us face the facts. These women were lazy entitled paces of trash who are irresponsible.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:52 AM

1,400 posts, read 863,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
You people will see exactly what you want to see and nothing else.

It was already shown in another thread that that exact photo was specifically in front of a Trump hotel in DC, not just trash randomly strewn about everywhere. The poster of that thread (which has since been merged with another) just could not stand that me and some other women proved him wrong, so he had to go argue in other threads.

It was planned to leave the signs in front of the Trump hotel as part of the protest. All the signs being put together in one place also makes it easier for them to be picked up the next day. There are plenty of women who flew in and would not be allowed to take the signs on the plane.

But none of the actual facts matter because you all deal in "alternative facts" now. Actual facts mean nothing.

NPS: Cleanup

"This time around, officials say, visitors were tidier than prior years. Linroth says so far, the cleanup is going well...Fortunately, a lot of people, even though, the trash cans were full, have stacked the trash neatly as close to the trash cans as they could get them, so that is making our job easier,” Linroth said."

Women's March Protesters Dumped Their Signs? : snopes.com

And here's all the trash left after the Cubs celebration, but of course that's ok because sports.:
https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016...-rally-cleanup
I think the post above perfectly illustrates the divide in this country. The Left's reasoning on the matter: I am entitled to have someone else clean up my mess because I don't like Trump.

I didn't realize it was asking too much to have people pick up after themselves.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:54 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
There is no justification, only excuses being made.

Let us face the facts. These women were lazy entitled paces of trash who are irresponsible.
The least these losers could do is volunteer to clean up after themselves once their lil "message" was over.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
THAT'S their (your) excuse?

Lame.
Remember... "The End Justifies the Means" with these people.

Littering is just one of the many things these people find acceptable in their fascist pursuit of their ideal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies