Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 11:05 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,919,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Oh no, not at all. When has there ever been a march like this in the history of this world....never. That is a victory in itself. And it will go down in history as one of the greatest marches ever while shadowing Trump's inauguration. And the people who marched will have an overwhelming pride of their participation forever. This was awesome.
Overshadowed the inauguration? LOL good one. Seriously, that was funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 11:20 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream1 View Post
Overshadowed the inauguration? LOL good one. Seriously, that was funny.

Millions of people protested throughout the world because of Trump. It was historic. And yes, it did overshadow his inauguration. So please tell me why you find this funny. I am interested to hear what you have to say

Old 01-23-2017, 11:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
[/b]

Millions of people protested throughout the world because of Trump. It was historic. And yes, it did overshadow his inauguration. So please tell me why you find this funny. I am interested to hear what you have to say
This idea that millions of people around the world care who our president is, is laughable.

They do not. In many parts they certainly arent clamoring for the one that argued for bombing though, that's for sure.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This idea that millions of people around the world care who our president is, is laughable.

They do not. In many parts they certainly arent clamoring for the one that argued for bombing though, that's for sure.
Yes, they do because they see this as a women's rights and equal rights issue. This started out as a very small movement and went viral on social media. And the world came out. Have you even seen these videos of others countries marching in solidarity. Instead of saying that millions didn't care, perhaps you should better inform yourself.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:38 PM

736 posts, read 353,685 times
Quote:
[/b]

It won't mean anything by next week. Maybe historic by your point of view. The march will be nothing more than a footnote in history. No more different those anti nuclear weapon protest during the cold war. Who remembers them or cares about them now? The march has no lasting effect on government policy and most important very little political power backing it. Protest is only effective when coupled with political power, which the Democrats have very little. That is why that protest is insignificant. Trump and Republicans can ignore it. If Trump and the Republicans can deliver on some of their promises and not fumble, then expect to be decimated in 2018, which will make the Democrat party a regional party at best.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, they do because they see this as a women's rights and equal rights issue.
A large percentage of them can't even protest. They would laugh at our idea of being offended at words. They have to worry about bombs, and knives, and those that can kill them and not blink an eye.

Quote:
This started out as a very small movement and went viral on social media. And the world came out. Have you even seen these videos of others countries marching in solidarity. Instead of saying that millions didn't care, perhaps you should better inform yourself.
I really shouldn't even bother as few of my previous points are ever addressed. Women have far bigger issues around the world than someone saying something offensive to them.

I imagine many are wondering where these protest disappeared to the last year's.

Why haven't we protested our actions that have killed thousands and thousands of innocent women and children?

I've been offended by this for years. I'd love to welcome you on board but......

Old 01-23-2017, 11:41 PM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Our tax dollars fund a lot of stuff, most we don't even know about. But PP seems to be forefront because a lot of you seem to think our tax dollars go to abortion. But they don't. So why do you have a problem with them
Actually, they do. Read this PP website on paying for an abortion:

Quote:
"Cash, credit card, certified check or Medicaid and/or your private insurance are the only ways to pay for abortion care at a Planned Parenthood health center in New York State."
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/pl....dzBCvhpX.dpuf

Medicaid is funded by both state and federal tax dollars.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
It won't mean anything by next week. Maybe historic by your point of view. The march will be nothing more than a footnote in history. No more different those anti nuclear weapon protest during the cold war. Who remembers them or cares about them now? The march has no lasting effect on government policy and most important very little political power backing it. Protest is only effective when coupled with political power, which the Democrats have very little. That is why that protest is insignificant. Trump and Republicans can ignore it. If Trump and the Republicans can deliver on some of their promises and not fumble, then expect to be decimated in 2018, which will make the Democrat party a regional party at best.
Biggest march ever...historic. And it's not just my point of view.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Biggest march ever...historic. And it's not just my point of view.
You addressed none of my points to you.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:26 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A large percentage of them can't even protest. They would laugh at our idea of being offended at words. They have to worry about bombs, and knives, and those that can kill them and not blink an eye.

I really shouldn't even bother as few of my previous points are ever addressed. Women have far bigger issues around the world than someone saying something offensive to them.

I imagine many are wondering where these protest disappeared to the last year's.

Why haven't we protested our actions that have killed thousands and thousands of innocent women and children?

I've been offended by this for years. I'd love to welcome you on board but......

I absolutely agree.There are many horrible atrocities that go on around the world that affect women and
children, and it absolutely crushes me feeling so helpless- but that is a completely different conversation from this one. We cannot fix those situations if we can't even agree that women's rights are human rights in our own country. They continue to divide and conquer women by turning us against one another. When women can finally stand together in support of each other while respecting our individual choices-only then will we succeed in real change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies