Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 06:30 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Legislator aims to disqualify drug addicts from welfare | Government and Politics | bismarcktribune.com

Hope, it passes. I am so glad that many middle-American are getting more and more conservative by the day.

I think it is just wonderful how conservative many legislatures are now and with the federal government now on their side, they can pass lots of common-sense, good, conservative legislation for their citizens.

Love how the Republicans control so many states and how the Republican legislatures are now free to pass lots of common-sense conservative legislation.
Amen.
They make job hunters take drug tests -- the sure as hell ought to make welfare collectors do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 06:31 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
LMAO!! Funny!! I agree actually, what's good for one is good for the other. At least it would eliminate the irony.
The question comes down to whether it's the politicians pushing for drug testing or their constituents.

If the politicians are strictly doing the will of the majority of their constituents, there is no hypocrisy; however, if it is driven by the politicians, they should at least lead by example. (Although I'd say they are wasting taxpayer money)

Old 01-24-2017, 06:36 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Amen.
They make job hunters take drug tests -- the sure as hell ought to make welfare collectors do the same.

I don't believe job hunters should be forced to take drug tests, it assumes guilt until proven otherwise.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:38 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't believe job hunters should be forced to take drug tests, it assumes guilt until proven otherwise.
they don't have to apply for the job,but I suppose you're one of those who believes a job is a right just as you think a welfare recipient is entitled to your neighbors money.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:42 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Been tried. Didnt work.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Legislator aims to disqualify drug addicts from welfare | Government and Politics | bismarcktribune.com

Hope, it passes. I am so glad that many middle-American are getting more and more conservative by the day.

I think it is just wonderful how conservative many legislatures are now and with the federal government now on their side, they can pass lots of common-sense, good, conservative legislation for their citizens.

Love how the Republicans control so many states and how the Republican legislatures are now free to pass lots of common-sense conservative legislation.
We tried that in Florida, but pulled the plug after it became clear it was costing more money than it was saving.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:47 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Would like to see public "servants" take that test
Agreed with that. All Congress/Senate should be subjected to random drug testing.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:49 AM

8,633 posts, read 9,142,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We tried that in Florida, but pulled the plug after it became clear it was costing more money than it was saving.
Didn't your zombie looking governor make a bundle on those drug tests?

Old 01-24-2017, 06:50 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
they don't have to apply for the job,but I suppose you're one of those who believes a job is a right just as you think a welfare recipient is entitled to your neighbors money.
Oh BULL!

I think it's pretty damn stupid when you go through one or more interviews, a company checks your references and previous employers, calls you and tells you they want you to work for them and then say 'We think you're a doper, you have to prove to us that you're not'.

So you can put your suppositions back where you pulled them from.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:02 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Oh BULL!

I think it's pretty damn stupid when you go through one or more interviews, a company checks your references and previous employers, calls you and tells you they want you to work for them and then say 'We think you're a doper, you have to prove to us that you're not'.

So you can put your suppositions back where you pulled them from.
As an employer who has suffered financial loss at the hands of drug users I disagree. The point of the test is to not hire a drug user in the first place, especially where safety is concerned.
Should a crane lift company not be allowed to drug test prospective employees before hire, or should they just wait until one comes in jacked up on something and drops a one ton roof top a/c unit on a co-worker or pedestrian.
Again, no one is entitled to a job or someone else's money. Those handing out the money get to decide. Do you ever make such discriminating choices in your own travels like what charity to donate to for instance?...oh wait that's probably not something you ever do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies