Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 06:36 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,917,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He may have got the information from Alex Jones what's not to like about that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/24/u...istration.html
The format of Trump's story is used by many GOP voices to claim voter irregularity...
I read it on Facebook posts from people in my wider acquaintance...like a "friend of a friend" linkage or on other sites...but the problem is this story is based on NO real proof and basically only the super-human power to "know" who is a legal va illegal voter from just seeing people in line...

I was born in Texas--a state where many LEGAL citizens speak little English and look like they are from Mexico or at least "south" of the border...so I know from an early age that "look" has nothing to do with LEGAL...

Alex Jones needs to be sued and sued and sued until he can't get out from under the cost of all his lies...
There is NOTHING coming from his mouth that should be used as evidence of anything...
And while it doesn't surprise me that Trump has his information shaped by Alex Jones's inspired paranoia and lies, I am really disappointed that the people around Trump who are supposed to be sane and support Trump because they are his remora have no control over him when he is having these delusional rants...

Just like sending Sean Spicer out on Saturday --in what was obviously such an ill-fitting suit it might not have been his and proved the impromptu and ill-conceived background--to harangue the press about the numbers at the Inauguration---
That was the act of a man (Trump) unable to function because of a false belief until he got it off his chest--
And he used Spicer to do it...and Spicer and apparently any others involved were not able to say "it doesn't matter, Mr. President....YOU are the President..."

I have said since before the election that Trump's narcissism and lack of discipline are no foundation for a man running for POTUS...he is self-destructive, lacks any capacity to accept or benefit from criticism, and soaks up bad advice like a Bounty commercial...

The fact that Mary Tyler Moore passed away yesterday is going to cloak this news story from the full attention it deserves so likely Trump will get a pass on this perfect example of why he should be required to get a general psych exam and have his ability to form rational thoughts tested by an IMPARTIAL mental health professional...which might be difficult since so many who have seen and heard him in the past 18 months likely already think he has significant issues processing facts and dealing with reality...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 07:27 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,404,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
OK--so the story behind Trump's claim of 5 million votes cast by illegal immigrants appears to have come out in the Congressional Breakfast Monday--when Trump met with heads of Congress and Senate and made chit-chat about how he KNEW there were illegal votes cast that cost him the popular vote---
At least 3 Congressional aides who were there agree on one version and one person who was there had slight discrepancy with those three--based on the news stories out now that I read...

In the NYTimes version---but there are plenty more saying the same thing---
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/u...ing-fraud.html

Trump says that Bernard Langer the German golfer who lives in Boca Raton is a friend of his and he told him over Christmas when Trump was in FL that Bernard Langer--himself--had been in a polling place and he "could tell" that people in line to vote were illegals---the impression Mr. Trump gave during the story was they were from Latin America---
Mr Langer said that he was refused a ballot but the people he considered illegal were allowed to vote via provisional ballots...
And so Mr. Langer who wanted to vote for Mr. Trump--a good friend of his--was prevented from voting...
And he just wanted Mr. Trump to know about that ...

Well this story is either a product of Trump's delusional brain on steroids or maybe Bernard Langer is senile...

1--Bernard Langer IS NOT a US Citizen--he has permanent resident status and lives in FL a good deal of time but he is still a citizen of Germany and thus LEGALLY is not allowed to vote...
Langer's adult daughter who was contacted about this story said that her father is not really a "friend" of Donald Trump == she was not sure if Langer have even seen him during the Christmas holidays...
Langer apparently wasn't contacted directed but he told his daughter he didn't know where the story came from...
In the 4th person's version--Trump said that a friend of Langer's was the one in line to vote--not Langer himself (no idea the Nationality of Langer's friend in this version)...

2--Priebus who was at the meeting was finally able to get Trump off the topic of illegal voters...

3--Trump is SO irrational that he doesn't he even understand how telling this story proves there is no problem with voter fraud...
Evidence???
Bernard Langer is NOT a US citizen--he is NOT allowed legally to vote in the US--he was prevented at the polling place from voting illegally---even if he wanted to vote for Trump--
The regulations in place stopped an illegal voter from voting---
There was NO PROOF that the people Langer supposedly thought were illegals really were---
The only illegal that we can be sure was there was Langer himself--if he was there...
Which I think any rational person knows did not happen...

4--HOW IN HEAVEN, if you are a Senator or Congressman could you sit at that breakfast and hear the President of the United States recounting such a dilusional story as FACT and proof of 5 million illegal votes and not run screaming from the room because THIS MAN HAS THE NUCLEAR CODES!!!

IF hearing that story as justification for an extensive investigation into voter fraud doesn't scare the crap out of any person within hearing distance then we are all just f-----...
Because that is full-blown dilusional thinking---
Trump is incapable of making a legitimate decision about anything he apparently has an emotional stake in...
Like losing the popular vote---
Nope, can't take it, just didn't happen--voter fraud---illegals took it away from me---

I am so freaking scared of how China and Russia and North Korea will react when they read this first-hand narrative...
No body could make this paranoia up if there wasn't truth to it...
Even scarier are the GOP politicians just playing right along, nothing to see here guys, this
is normal business
The emperor does have clothes , no he really does!

Old 01-26-2017, 08:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
one who is more interested in the legitimacy of an election process than that of simply winning it.

I know I know, progressives could care less about those things, winning at any cost is all that matters! The End always justifies the means right?
LOL. Like he cares.

He cares ONLY that he can't brag about winning the popular vote.

His massive ego can't get around the fact that he LOST THE POPULAR VOTE and he will do anything necessary to change that narrative.

And the lemmings fall for it. Again and again and again.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I have not watched the interview, but someone on my twitter feed likened it to a psychiatrist
talking to a mental hospital patient who believes he's the president.
He kept quoting a pew report that, in fact, disputed his lies about voter fraud. When the interviewer tried to gently tell him that (much like a parent to a 2 year old child) then Trump accused the reporter of 'groveling". "He's groveling again; he's groveling again!"

In Trumpspeak - groveling means a reporter that puts out a story and then changes his mind.

SO. Not only is he a megalomaniac FOOL - but he doesn't even know what groveling means.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:27 AM

26,579 posts, read 14,467,299 times
Quote:
And he used Spicer to do it...
spicer is now defending his saturday statements by trying to equate them with different weather forecasts. he points out how one station can predict light rain while another might predict cloudy using the same data. spicer's analogy fails in the fact that these are predictions...... nobody argues the facts of previous weather!

Old 01-26-2017, 09:49 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
Quote:
This is just deflection---
IF Trump really thought there were massive numbers of illegal voters why did he and his team go to court to prevent Stein's voter recount in several states prior to the electoral votes being certified????

And why was he really interested in Pennsylvania --in stopping those election results from being examined...
in Pennsylvania there were no paper ballots/paper trail to backup the electronic voting machine stats--
They would have had to examine the jump drives used to set up the voting machines---and the machines themselves--a very tedious and expensive process...

There was some speculation that it would have been possible to add Trojan-ware to the jump drives that would augment/change Democratic votes for Republican ones w/o leaving much evidence unless the jump drives themselves were examined for hidden viruses...malware...because it could have been written to evaporate say 4 hrs after the election was over...

The article I read said that Trump's attorney really did not want that review to happen...
The Pennsylvania machines are not tied to the Internet but they all have to be activated with the current ballot choices and other updates by using jump drives to update their software---
either at the warehouse where they are stored or at the precincts where they are used for voting...
All you would have to do is introduce malware into the jump drives used to activate the machines--and the precinct captains would do the dirty work for you when they activated the machines for voting...
And I would imagine that one or two jump drives are used for a precinct's specific machines...vs one jump drive per machine...
That would be much easier to infiltrate and setup than having to write code for each machine individually...
This is the question I want answered.

Why, if there was/is so much voter fraud, would Trump's lawyers stop these investigations/recounts?

Or did they not want anyone to question a "blue" state suddenly going "red?"

Old 01-26-2017, 10:29 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,917,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This is the question I want answered.

Why, if there was/is so much voter fraud, would Trump's lawyers stop these investigations/recounts?

Or did they not want anyone to question a "blue" state suddenly going "red?"

Yes--I think the only "illegal" votes he cares about are in CA where the registration process has been cited as proof of illegal voting in CA elections---with NO proof provided except apocryphal stories
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies