Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 05:36 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The Glee lesbian actress who was so loud in the media about gay marriage, got so quiet after she lost half of what she made during her divorce. Jane Lynch was sued for approx. $ 100,000 in alimony.

Jane Lynch battles nasty divorce, ex demands $93K in alimony

Rosie O'Donnell had a $ 100 million dollar divorce and custody battle.

It's War! 'Big Bully' Rosie O'Donnell To Fight Her Ex For Custody Of Their Adopted Daughter Dakota | Radar Online

BUT it is amazing to me that the women who were the loudest about gay rights and equal rights to get married, were so silent after they got married and so soon after the marriage they lost half of what they made.

I'm so glad they got what they wanted...their gay marriage as I was never against gay's getting the same rights but I'm still against it being called a "marriage" and wish there was a different term for it.

IMO a marriage is between a man and a woman and otherwise we should get a different word for it but IMO they can have the same rights.

Nowadays we can't even use husband and wife anymore in many countries and states as it now has become that we are called "partners". All because a group of people that is so intolerant that what was once husband and wife is now going to be eliminated from a marriage between a man and a woman.

But I'm glad these celeb activists got what they wished for...a regular wedding with all the drama of a real DIVORCE!

Dude--- I almost agree with you on something. Probably damned near the first time.

My rec would be that you get the legal stuff and its called a "license". If you want to go to the next step and have a member of the clergy perform a ceremony it can be called a marriage. That way the government is totally neutral on the first and it is a personal thing on the second.

The problem was of course, that laws etc were passed that didn't even allow for the civil commitment.

And it does **** me off that people of both sides have such a problem with doing the longterm commitment thing. Some one on this thread mentioned Elton Johns "open" marragie we of course can't forget the desire of Newt also wanting an open marragie.

Maybe its the body shape-- they both are built the same.

Last edited by JIMANDTHOM; 01-25-2017 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: add misc.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:41 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Oh noes the gayz are so skeery.

Get over yourselves, gay people can get married. Work on your own marriage and keep your nose out of other people's relationships.
I still have yet to see anyone explain how someone else getting married affects their life or their marriage in any way shape or form. Anyone?

Old 01-25-2017, 05:48 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Why don't you get a life and mind your own business?

Old 01-26-2017, 01:18 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
Since gays can get married and divorced, why don't we hear from the celebs after a gay divorce?
Well I guess the obvious answer is that the reason people were vocal about the marriage was because they were trying to attain that right and they did not have it. The reason they are not vocal about their divorce is because it was a right they had, and there was no reason to fight for it?

I am not sure I am seeing what is so mysterious about this, or have I somehow missed the force of your question?

And this is before mentioning that this is not magically related to the homosexual community. People IN GENERAL tend to be louder and more forthcoming in relation to their marriages, than they are about their subsequent divorces. This is not some specifically homosexual phenomena we are seeing here.

Quote:
IMO a marriage is between a man and a woman and otherwise we should get a different word for it but IMO they can have the same rights.
Then thankfully the chasm of difference between opinion and reality could not be clearer. You can have your OPINION about what a word means (in this case marriage) but no amount of opinion changes what the word actually means. And there is currently no reason on offer (certainly not from you) to think marriage is, or even should be, between one man and one woman.

Nor, other than assertion, are you offering any reason why we "should" have a separate word for it. I see no utility in that, no gain, and no motivation of value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I am not against gay marriage but I get the irks when I think about two gay men adopting a young baby or a child. I mean, where is the child's consent to go against (in most cases) a natural need for a mother and a father, and instead being put with two men
It is interesting you focus SOLELY on two men doing so and entirely leave out two women doing so. This screams "bias" of some sort, though whatever that bias actually consists of I suppose we can only guess.

The "natural need" of which you speak however is manufactured. I do not see any reason on offer to think it actually exists. Outside from the obvious requirements of biological reproduction, I have seen no basis at all to assume children need one each of a male and female guardian in order to have an "ideal" upbringing.

Quite the contrary in fact. Reality screams back at you with countless examples to falsify your assertion. There are children of single parents who grow up every bit as well as children of "traditional" heterosexual couples (THC). There are children being brought up by homosexual couples of both gender types that grow up every bit as well as those of THCs.

And in fact some studies show they fare BETTER in some respects. Though I openly admit I think one of the factors skewing the results of such studies is that the average % of Homosexual couples who WANT their children is naturally higher than the average % in THCs. Why? Because homosexual couples actually have to go to effort and jump through hoops to become parents. Whereas in the world of THCs it can happen by chance or accident, unplanned and unwanted. And THOSE THCs likely skew the results and I have not yet seen studies normalize for it.

But even admitting that caveat those studies do exist and show that sometimes they fare better. But suffice to say that my point is carried not by them faring better but showing the generally fare every bit as well.

So I genuinely do not see anything at all.... not just little but anything at all.... supporting the common "children need some ideal of a mother and a father" narrative that many perpetuate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I knew a gay male couple who adopted a baby boy. He was born prematurely to a crackhead mom, and they sat up for nights while he screamed through withdrawal. Later they found he had learning disabilities, and they worked with him the best they could. He is loved and cared for.
Indeed and one comment I have read often related to homosexuals adopting is that they generally DO take a higher % of the "problem cases" than the heterosexual community do. Heterosexuals adopting tend to go towards a certain demography, a certain health level, and a certain age. And children outsides these norms tend to be harder to place. But the homosexual adopting community tend to be more open to accepting them.

And this is a great thing but one that tends to be ignored by those pushing the "one man one woman" narrative and agenda.

Children need PARENTING. The quantity, sexuality and genders of the people providing it is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Homosexual marriage is not marriage. But Obama legitimized homosexual marriage as normal as apple pie. So this is the legacy he left us.
It would be a nonsense to blame a single person for that. It is happening around the world. And often not just because some small cartel of politicians legitimized it. In my home country of Ireland for example it was put to the people in a constitutional referendum and it won by a landslide. So no this is not the legacy of a single man, it is the legacy of a generation. Deal with it.

Further you not calling it marriage does not mean it is not marriage. Your linguistic assertion is similar to those whining with that nonsense "Not my president" slogan. You can stamp your feet and refuse to call a spade a spade, but it will continue being a spade regardless.

Quote:
Bottom line is: if your a homosexual you have mental confusion / illness, as it is not natures way.
Assertions without substantiation are just that: Assertions. There is no medical or psychology science at all on offer to suggest homosexuality to be an illness of any kind, let alone a mental one. And "appeals to nature" do not help your case because much, if not most, of what we do as human beings is not "natures way". But alas people with a bias against homosexuality only tend to appeal to nature when it suits them, but with hold the same move when it does not.

Your link however does not appear to work and returns "DNS" errors. If you find a link that works, I would be more than happy to consider the evidence you wish to present. However I am not convinces a "Manifesto" is a source of evidence, so much as a display of agenda? Do you have any ACTUAL evidence to cite perhaps?

Old 01-26-2017, 06:58 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
I'm with you. Yes, they are tying to make homosexual men feel more comfortable so they don't have to be listed as husband and wife. Homosexual marriage is not marriage. But Obama legitimized homosexual marriage as normal as apple pie. So this is the legacy he left us.
Obama had nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Bottom line is: if your a homosexual you have mental confusion / illness, as it is not natures way.
Oh, but it is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...exual_behavior

Obama had nothing to do with this, either.

Quote:
Here, read for yourself if you think I'm wrong.

SCUM Manifesto:

Valerie Solanas' SCUM Manifesto
News flash - crazy straight people also write crazy manifestos.

Quote:
All we can hope for is for Trump to knock some sense in America with this issue. Obama bragged as he left office how he doesn't think Trump can go back. Maybe so, but people can speak up for wrong and right.
And exactly what is Trump going to do? People who think as you do have never shut up as nearly as I can tell.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:48 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Obama had nothing to do with it.

Oh, but it is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...exual_behavior

Obama had nothing to do with this, either.

News flash - crazy straight people also write crazy manifestos.

And exactly what is Trump going to do? People who think as you do have never shut up as nearly as I can tell.
Trump isn't going to do anything about gay marriage. Did he not just tap his billionaire buddy Steve Roth to help with planning and developing the nation's infrastructure? Did he not attend the wedding of Steve Roth's gay son? Trump is from New York City, people. It's 2017. No one cares about gay people there. The mayor's wife is bisexual.

He hinted that he might appoint a Supreme who would look at the gay marriage ruling because he knows that what some of the people out in the cornfields want to hear and he needed those votes.

It's over. Gay people get married now. There are so many more important things to work on.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:52 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Ho, hum. Another day, another dozen asinine thread starts by the OP.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:55 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Trump isn't going to do anything about gay marriage. Did he not just tap his billionaire buddy Steve Roth to help with planning and developing the nation's infrastructure? Did he not attend the wedding of Steve Roth's gay son? Trump is from New York City, people. It's 2017. No one cares about gay people there. The mayor's wife is bisexual.

He hinted that he might appoint a Supreme who would look at the gay marriage ruling because he knows that what some of the people out in the cornfields want to hear and he needed those votes.

It's over. Gay people get married now. There are so many more important things to work on.
All true. There is zero evidence that Trump personally cares about gay people one way or the other, let alone whether or not they get married. In fact, one of the most important people in Trump's life was homosexual Ray Cohn.

Now Pence - he does care. A lot. But even if Congress eventually winds up removing Trump from office due to Trump's mental state (a very long shot), President Pence won't be able to do a damn thing about gay marriage.

The most I can see happening is that Congress will manage to put through something like the Religiojs Freedom Act, allowing business folks to discriminate against gay people. But there are so many problems with that Act that I don't see even that having good odds of being enacted.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:55 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
The Glee lesbian actress who was so loud in the media about gay marriage, got so quiet after she lost half of what she made during her divorce. Jane Lynch was sued for approx. $ 100,000 in alimony.

Jane Lynch battles nasty divorce, ex demands $93K in alimony

Rosie O'Donnell had a $ 100 million dollar divorce and custody battle.

It's War! 'Big Bully' Rosie O'Donnell To Fight Her Ex For Custody Of Their Adopted Daughter Dakota | Radar Online

BUT it is amazing to me that the women who were the loudest about gay rights and equal rights to get married, were so silent after they got married and so soon after the marriage they lost half of what they made.

I'm so glad they got what they wanted...their gay marriage as I was never against gay's getting the same rights but I'm still against it being called a "marriage" and wish there was a different term for it.

Nowadays we can't even use husband and wife anymore in many countries and states as it now has become that we are called "partners". All because a group of people that is so intolerant that what was once husband and wife is now going to be eliminated from a marriage between a man and a woman.

But I'm glad these celeb activists got what they wished for...a regular wedding with all the drama of a real DIVORCE!
How does any of this impact your life?

Old 01-26-2017, 08:57 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
I can't imagine the effects of being the adopted kid of Rosie O'Donnell. Hopefully CPS is involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies