Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 03:55 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times

Advertisements

I really do not care about his divorces. To care would be hypocritical, because I have been divorced twice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 04:00 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Who the hell care? Oh! Sorry! Crybaby liberals that want to make Trump look bad do. Not going to work!
Yeah, because the sanctimonious, hypocritical conservatives only had an issue with adultery when committed by liberals.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:02 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The only other president in history who had been divorced previously was Ronald Reagan, but his divorce was in the 1950's 30 years prior. Is it a sign that times are changing, or was Trumps message what he wants to do with America mean more then his personal life. Trump says he anti abortion, but can he really say he follows any religious morals?
Bill Clinton was the first president to be caught getting a blow job in the White house while being married at the time and then lying about it (and later impeached for it) before a court of law.

So... what is your point?

Old 01-25-2017, 04:04 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth.

That being said, I do find it a bit appalling that we've now got a President whose first marriage fell apart due to an affair (and subsequent birth of a child) and then I have no idea what happened with that second marriage, but his third marriage is to a woman who posed nude - not once, and not just "artistically," but in some pretty graphic spreads.

Of course, Obama was raised by communist influenced extremists, had a cray cray African dad, smoked weed, and attended a very openly racist church for decades. Betty Ford was a sloppy drunk. Nixon - well, we all know about his fall from grace. And don't even get me started on JFK.

I'm sure I've left quite a few out when it comes to pretty low behavior before, during, and after their time in the White House. Which reminds me...CLINTON. OMG. The little blue dress...the cigar...the desk in the Oval Office (I always wondered if Hillary would replace that desk if she became President but apparently we're not going to find that out)...

It's depressing to think about it all.

I used to think that we could do better, but I'm beginning to realize that apparently we can't.
Meh. When it comes to affairs of the heart or other anatomical bits, I've long ago adjusted my expectations of others down to 2 basic requirements:
  1. All participants should be consenting adults
  2. No doing it in the street and scaring the horses

If elected officials do a decent job in office, I try not to care about any - ehm, peccadilloes? - they get up to in their spare time.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:05 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Gee and here I thought that the problem would be that he hasn't had a ton of abortions. Hopefully our first female president has had like 5 of them.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:05 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Bill Clinton was the first president to be caught getting a blow job in the White house while being married at the time and then lying about it (and later impeached for it) before a court of law.

So... what is your point?
I'll see Clinton's BJ and raise Trump being the first POTUS to have been accused of rape by his first wife.

What's your point?

Old 01-25-2017, 04:07 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Gee and here I thought that the problem would be that he hasn't had a ton of abortions. Hopefully our first female president has had like 5 of them.
That was - random.

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The only other president in history who had been divorced previously was Ronald Reagan, but his divorce was in the 1950's 30 years prior. Is it a sign that times are changing, or was Trumps message what he wants to do with America mean more then his personal life. Trump says he anti abortion, but can he really say he follows any religious morals?
So a BJ in the WH is ok?

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The way thing are looking, he may be divorced a 3rd time before he gets out of office. Melania doesn't look real happy with this Presidency gig.
I don't think it is about not liking the Presidency. Its more about hate coming from women who supposedly stand up for women, no matter our differences.

I actually, have no problem what he did as a citizen, its what he will do as a President. I am willing to stand with him and give him a chance. We dealt with a man for 8 yrs who tore down Christian values and now some of you are all over being a Christian nation or conservatives have no Bible belief left, divorces, yada,yada......the last President took that away in the eyes of the world. So, this is what we get, and it's the left that cheered Christian values were done in this country. It's on the peoples hands not Melaina or President Trump.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:09 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'll see Clinton's BJ and raise Trump being the first POTUS to have been accused of rape by his first wife.

What's your point?
In the heat of divorce things happen. Bill Clinton raped how many women? This whole conversation is as old as Moses can we bury it now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies