Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 04:34 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,422,154 times

Advertisements

Okay let me put it like this, my ex-girlfriend and I first met each other a few months ago(back in January), then about a few weeks ago she wanted to break-up with me and just have us be "friends". Then a little bit later(a few days or a couple of days later after the break-up) I begged her to come back to me and she did but then about a couple of weks later she said to me about a couple of days ago that she wants to be "friends" again. I mean, what is it up with her, I don't treat her with disrespect, I don't curse at her, I don't abuse her, I was there for her when she was in trouble and when everyone talked negative about her all I cared for was she alright and everything's fine, when she needed something I was there and if I don't have it(such as money and others. etc.) I tell her that I don't have it. Also, I don't touch her any kind of way unless she wants me to(although she say's that she doesn't mind) but I don't because I respect Women, and when she had problems I let her talk to me about it. So, what is it that she wants? And for the past couple of days she still once in a while she touches me on the butt or tell me to get a haircut and such. She's say's that she would like for us to remain friends but is she just saying that to cover up that she still would like to be with me? And should I keep giving her space(which I did most of the time before the break-up since I do know that people in general want space) until she finally decides to be with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 04:36 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,786 times
Why are you putting up with it? You're doing this to yourself.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:44 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,278 times
either get some balls, or start gripping to check if your balls are still there. When a chick says she wants to be friends, you dead her right then and there. If she wants to come back, she's only good for an inconsequential pump and dump.

This is where you f'd up at, you don't want to hear any of her problems, your not her asexual friend. Please stop with all these "I respect women", ugh god I dunno..I just cringe when I hear that. You respect her enough to put her on a pedestal over you? eh? you tell me how'd that work out. Never, ever, EVER, on any account beg some hole to come back to you. I'm curious, how old are you? and did you grow up with a male figure around?

give her space? please..go on with your life and bang other women.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:52 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,342 times
I have to say it sounds a bit odd to me - She may have agreed for you and her to get back together because she didn't know how to say no without hurting your feelings - Immature women do the breakup thingy when they want their own way about something but you didn't mention any disagreement - The best thing is if you really want to know the reason is to ask her -

Old 08-11-2011, 04:57 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,422,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
I have to say it sounds a bit odd to me - She may have agreed for you and her to get back together because she didn't know how to say no without hurting your feelings - Immature women do the breakup thingy when they want their own way about something but you didn't mention any disagreement - The best thing is if you really want to know the reason is to ask her -
I tried, but she wouldn't give me a real reason. All she say is that "I don't have to tell you" or "I don't have to explain anything". Later on today after that she made a few sexual gestures to me like with her licking her tongue at me and about yesterday she touched me on the butt.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:20 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,773,987 times
Move on, let her go, she is a tease, she has no real interest in you.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:34 PM

530 posts, read 779,771 times
She's probably laughing inside, you're like a yo-yo to her, or better still, puppet on her string?

Comon man, be a man, and demonstrate that you do indeed have a pair of those balls that "wordlife" suggessted you may not have. Wake up!

And hey, don't be beggin' her for nothing. Show some respect and dignity, will ya? Yeah, smiles and cries, respect and dignity. Almost the same thing. Umm...maybe.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:02 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,581,958 times
She doesn't like you that way. She tried dating you for awhile, but the feelings weren't there. When a girl tells you she just wants to be friends, it's sad, but listen to her. Don't think you can force her into liking you, or if you sit around long enough she'll change her mind. That's not going to happen.

Move on, and look for new girls who may like you back.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:10 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
As harsh as the truth is in what the others have been saying, they're right.

She's totally playing you because she knows she can.

Being friends with you, knowing that you still care about her, gives her an ego boost and she'll get one from you when she needs one. And you play right in to it.

You do not have to put up with this. You need to distance yourself from her and go find a girl who actually wants to be with you and treat you with mutual respect.

This girl? She does not want to be with you. As hard as it may be, I would totally cut off from her.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:31 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
It's time to move on. As you do so remember how it felt to have someone play games with you. Respect is its own reward and pays in kind, don't ever be her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships