Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 10:05 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times

Advertisements

Went to a local rock club last Saturday to meet a musician I am talking to about starting a side cover band with, his original music band was playing. That was my ONLY focus. But, at the door taking in the cover charge I was blown away by the woman taking the money. She is my type, extremely curvy and busty and besides that there is just something...something about her like also those brown eyes and smile.

I haven't hit on a woman in years, been years since I met one I felt inclined to. I usually am not looking to meet someone unless by chance. But I didn't waste a moment I asked "let me see your other hand" and I then said "oh a ring" which she replied smiling "oh I am not married I am a widow"

Well after that info then it was on.......

I swear I only looked into her eyes the whole time and I never complimented her on looks or her body the whole conversation, and I told her why I was here, to meet the singer in the band playing, and we talked music and her being originally from NY and about favorite bands and I found out she manages the club which opened for me new conversation to start with her which led to me asking her favorite foods which led to me asking if she would like to go out to dinner with me sometime and could I have her phone number.

It was a mixed response. "I would but I don't mix business with pleasure and I am working and work here a lot" she said. So I gave her my phone number and told her to call me sometime when she could. She said she would even call me tomorrow probably.After that I talked some more but then mingled with others.Latter in the night she winded up sitting at my table and we started talking again though it was loud to haave a real conversation. She started touching my leg and stuff in conversation. I was starting to get signals of her warming up to me.

"You know I'll be 52 next month" she said. I had a idea of her age but replied "well I am not exactly spring either I am 47". She said ohhhh to that. I hoped that would stop her from thinking she is too old or something if that was her worry. Then she offered that we go do Denny's after the club closed. I agreed happily. After closing everybody patron wise had to vacate the club but she said she would be out in a little while and pointed out her car to me.

I then did something I wouldn't normally do. I sat out there in the parking lot the club which turned into for over a hour next to her car with mine and finally gave up and went home because she hadn't come out yet, the whole time saying to myself "I can't believe I am waiting out here like this wtf I should have left long ago I am bordering on looking too desperate". But hey she offered going to Denny's for food so come on right?

In the club this guy had made a mention about her being "his old lady" his exact words, which then I asked her about it and she said she had stop seeing him months ago but he doesn't want to see it that way so I didn't give that thought after.

In the club there were all these rock chicks some of which gave me eyes but I didn't care about any of them, I had my eyes set on her. It kind of peeves me that I get hit on by women sometimes but the one that I am attracted to and the one I hit on I get what may turn out to be a rejection. Like I said it is not often I meet a woman that compels me so.

I just want a chance with her, away from the loud club where I can have a normal conversation and try to see if there is a chemistry and have a chance to give her that passionate kiss that I so want to give her. I probably will go back to the club and try again with her but I hate hanging in a club, I don't want to drink much either. I am too busy with my guitar to be a bar fly.

But she hasn't called me, it is 6 days later. I don't know if I should assert that I really aminterested her by trying again so I can at least get a real chance with her away from her job and loud club and her ex or if I might come across as too available and in her pocket. But I don't want to give up that easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 10:15 PM

n/a posts
that's like my life, except i'm in my early twenties...

i'm guessing age differences render my advice useless to you...

but, when it was me, i'd go to that exact club, find her and refuse to let go...

Old 12-13-2013, 10:19 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
You'll regret it if you don't try again. I mean, think about how infrequent it is that you find someone that you're that attracted to?

Old 12-13-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
that's like my life, except i'm in my early twenties...

i'm guessing age differences render my advice useless to you...

but, when it was me, i'd go to that exact club, find her and refuse to let go...
Actually age yours or mine has nothing to do with it in some ways the "game" never changes because human nature never does.

It is a lot easier when a woman gives you a signal, but with her I just went for it and I fear she might not be into me. I don't care if I get rejected by 99% of women, I care though when it is from a woman that I want that doesn't come around for me very often at all. I could have had a couple other women in that bar that night, but I didn't give them a thought after seeing her.

I am compelled, but it is a fine line between wooing a girl and becoming a pest. Normally, after being left in a parking lot and waiting like a dumb ass I wouldn't even consider trying any more. But then again I know what I want and that doesn't come around too often, and don't want to give up without a fight.

I am getting mixed signals from her and that is what is my dilemma. It might be years if I get rejected by her before I meet another woman that inspires me so. In that case I'll have to resort t just satisfying myself with those other women with come and go flings, never truly getting what I want.

And frankly it will bruise my ego if she rejects me , which I feel cocky enough to think "how could she reject me?"

The good thing is if I get rejected I will just go back to focusing all my attention on guitar, which I love. but also buries hidden disappointments in my emotional state.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:39 PM

538 posts, read 5,350,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Actually age yours or mine has nothing to do with it in some ways the "game" never changes because human nature never does.

It is a lot easier when a woman gives you a signal, but with her I just went for it and I fear she might not be into me. I don't care if I get rejected by 99% of women, I care though when it is from a woman that I want that doesn't come around for me very often at all. I could have had a couple other women in that bar that night, but I didn't give them a thought after seeing her.

I am compelled, but it is a fine line between wooing a girl and becoming a pest. Normally, after being left in a parking lot and waiting like a dumb ass I wouldn't even consider trying any more. But then again I know what I want and that doesn't come around too often, and don't want to give up without a fight.

I am getting mixed signals from her and that is what is my dilemma. It might be years if I get rejected by her before I meet another woman that inspires me so. In that case I'll have to resort t just satisfying myself with those other women with come and go flings, never truly getting what I want.

And frankly it will bruise my ego if she rejects me , which I feel cocky enough to think "how could she reject me?"

The good thing is if I get rejected I will just go back to focusing all my attention on guitar, which I love. but also buries hidden disappointments in my emotional state.
Absolutely!

Old 12-13-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jade Stingray View Post
Absolutely!
Hopefully some of my pain, love life disappointment, and emotional disarray comes out as some feeling and soul in my guitar sometimes, I am feeling very bluesy minor pentatonic this week ha ha. Then again some harmonic /hungarian minor sitar like riffs and runs express sadness also ha ha .

Old 12-13-2013, 11:37 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,956,787 times
She knows you're really interested. And she has your phone number. She must've decided not to mix business with pleasure.

She's a widow at 51? But she still wears her ring, even though she's young enough to be dating? And a guy at the club called her his old lady?

idk, LK. It doesn't add up. Not the way you want it to, anyway.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She knows you're really interested. And she has your phone number. She must've decided not to mix business with pleasure.

She's a widow at 51? But she still wears her ring, even though she's young enough to be dating? And a guy at the club called her his old lady?

idk, LK. It doesn't add up. Not the way you want it to, anyway.
Yes my instinct is telling me 2 + 2 is equaling 5 in this case also, but for my sake I am going to try a little more although more laid back about it next time. I really can't believe I waited outside the bar for over a hour for her I know her being manager she has to do the work after closing but I still felt stupid about it.

It really is cruel and maybe a divine bad joke on me that I am capable of attracting women, generally not bad looking looking women overall , but the ones that I want I almost always get rejected by or they turn out to be female "players". Every voluptuous woman I have ever met (when I ever meet one rarely) never pans out with me no matter their age or even if they are what some would call a little over weight which I actually like a little tummy on a woman.

I read so many men on here saying they prefer a athletic barbie yet here I am prefering the opposite of that and can't find a mutual chemistry with my preference. Look I said it before I like voluptuous very big boobed curvy women, I love some tummy and don't mind some cellulite I am not really into some Maxim magazine model yet women of my type seem to have a sense that repels me from them lol.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:18 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,329 times
I feel like The National should have a song about this. I think you should try though, you'd feel a lot better if you did than if you had regrets for failing to do so. Imagine running into her again at another venue when she is "actually" with someone and she asks you why you didn't pursue. Then again she shouldn't have left you in the parking lot, but who knows what circumstances could have caused that.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:20 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Everyone goes through that, LK. Finding mutual interest is the big challenge.

If she were trying to brush you off, I don't know why she would've said that guy was an "ex", the one who said she's his old lady. But I'm inclined to think that the reason she didn't come out more promptly after saying she'd be outside shortly was that she was watching from inside, waiting for you to leave. That was my initial reaction. Lots of mixed messages, but 1) she did decline to give you her number and 2) she didn't join you afterwards for dinner at Denny's. She avoided you. If she'd been into it, but delayed inside, she'd have run out for a second to tell you she was running late.

Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships