Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 12:48 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,393,624 times

Advertisements

Dizzy, knock it off. Seriously. Knock. It. Off. Do I need to remind you of this exchange we had by private message? (Note I've redacted your real name.)

Originally Posted by randomparent
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint
Hello there.. your post was very imformative.. I wrote mine after watching some of the things going on in the protester camps.. some people join these things with nothing better to do or to stir trouble and thats what the real protesters with an agenda dont need.. or the celebs blowing their tops, some of the decent protesters must be cringing, sorry if I made it sound as if I dont care or think there all the same..of course their not...

My response: I was equally dismayed by the protests that turned to violence and disorder, because it distracted from what was an otherwise wonderful opportunity to encourage women, men, and young people to engage in the political process beyond just going to the voting booth every November. Thanks for the opportunity to talk it out and find common ground.

Dizzy: Things like this happen all the time.. the wrong people tag along and cheapen the whole process.. We had the same with Poll tax protests years ago. with the troublesome mobs who turned up with balaclavas and hammers to put shop windows in.... this takes all the hard work away from people who genuiinly care and I see this all happening at these protests worldwide.. Shamefully people will always be like this in crowd situations when they think they cant be caught...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 12:56 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,646,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
What happens though if more is allowed by courts I wonder.. Islamic law is adopted by British legal chiefs - Telegraph

EASY dizzy easy

It gets stopped dead in its tracks....
"""We reviewed the note in the light of criticism. We have withdrawn the note and we are sorry.”""""
turns out your scare story was just some lawyers who thought they were helping give guidance..

(based on Dizzybents posts he is from the UK and wants to push his National front Britain for brits BS , on Americans)

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2014...e-sharia-wills

Anymore lies hysteria FUD you want to spread, I am up for it.

(I have dealt with xenophobes all my life. As an American living for decades where I was the strange one, I fully get what people have to deal with, maybe you should try it. it might open your eyes to the vastly wider world then that of trumpers.)

Old 01-26-2017, 01:01 PM

13,474 posts, read 9,991,265 times
Quote:
For me this has nothing to do with liking or disliking Trump.. its the daft marches and protests I cant get..How long will they go on... or have most all gone home and looked for themselves on the telly, then forgot what they were there for.
I don't know what type of women you know - or what you see when you look in the mirror, but that describes absolutely no one I knew who went.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
No one?
No one with any integrity.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
and how do you know that those same five million have, most were out for a day out to join in with filthy spoken celebs, some I agree probably meant well and were protesting about what they would like changed.. others though I dont think so..... Me? I sign petitions.. mostly child abuse, girls female mutilation.. child brides, lots of things I dont agree with .
Oh, you sign petitions.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:04 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,393,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I don't know what type of women you know - or what you see when you look in the mirror, but that describes absolutely no one I knew who went.
Ditto.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:05 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,021,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFwWjdh2oFI

whoa this girl destroys the dumb Women's March. I am subscribed now
cant tell if she asking questions or making statements with her upspeak.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:08 PM

711 posts, read 934,070 times
Default The Stench Parade

Our statistics tell us that the majority of personal wealth in the US is either owned or controlled (or both) by women.
My religious upbringing doesn't support the theory that the "RIB" was intended to be a detriment to mankind, but the opposite. Which gender attends church the most!

Some of the attitudes I see today are reminiscent of a comic book of the 50's where the world was overtaken and ruled by female amazon types. Actually, similar to the selfish ingrates that form much of our society today---and also make it sicker.

Perhaps we should have a MAN march where men are men, and women are women can be reaffirmed.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:16 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,631,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
cant tell if she asking questions or making statements with her upspeak.
She's asking a lot of the same questions that many are because the reason for the protest isn't clear.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:19 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,853,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
M

The anti feminists don't buy into the ideas from leftists that women in America are hard done by in 2017. They realize they have the same
Legal rights as men already
I don't think anyone is suggesting that women in America live in shackles, or anything. We all know that women have many legal rights we didn't have even 20 years ago. But anyone who thinks that women enjoy social, cultural, and political equality in 2017 is delusional.

I mean, why do many American men complain about how "hard" they have it? Don't they realize they are much better off than men in other parts of the world? Don't they know how much easier they have it compared to men, say, a century ago? What the heck are they griping about?

I guess all the men who participated in the Million Man march years ago were all a bunch of crazy lunatics, too. I guess all the men who gathered at angry Trump rallies are just looking for something to bit*h about.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 01-26-2017 at 01:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies