Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 01:40 PM

131 posts, read 123,736 times

Advertisements

If it were up to Peter Thiel and Steve Bannon, women would not be allowed to vote. Why do female trump supporters defend these guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 01:42 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,112,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
"Your" tax dollars haven't funded an abortion since the mid 1970s. Not at planned parenthood, not anywhere.

Enough with these alternative facts.

Good and it never will since the Hyde Amendment will be made permanent. Hillary Clinton wanted to get rid of the Hyde Amendment

Old 01-26-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarmy View Post
If it were up to Peter Thiel and Steve Bannon, women would not be allowed to vote. Why do female trump supporters defend these guys?

Hey its Michael Moore

Sunday on MSNBC’s “AM Joy,” liberal filmmaker Michael Moore said that women who voted for President Donald Trump are “victims” of “misogyny and the sexism that is still so prevalent and ingrained.”

Moore said, “I did run into Trump voters. and I asked them, especially — I remember one woman. I said — she was telling me that she voted for Trump. I said ‘Really? in spite of his attitudes toward women and the things that he said?’ And she said, ‘Well, you know, women, a lot of us, we’ve just had to learn to take it over the years. You know, that’s how my dad talked and that’s how my brothers talk.’ And I thought, oh, geez, you know, it was such a reminder of still how far we have to go. I was at this one thing, John Leguizamo, a great actor and comedian Hispanic, he says ‘I’m Hispanic and I always thought racism was our number one problem that we have to deal with, but this election really showed that we’ve ignored the misogyny and the sexism that is still so prevalent and ingrained.’ And Ingrained in many of the victims, the 46% of women that voted for Trump and the 53% of white women that voted for Trump. And that’s — well, that just says that we’ve got more work to do and we’ll keep doing it.”

Old 01-26-2017, 01:44 PM

41,995 posts, read 75,295,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Good and it never will since the Hyde Amendment will be made permanent. Hillary Clinton wanted to get rid of the Hyde Amendment
Since Hillary Clinton is not president, your post is irrelevant.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:46 PM

13,473 posts, read 9,987,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I am super glad you feel that way. I fully support your right to make a choice on how you live and will continue to fight for your rights as well as mine.

BUT, just because you like being treated differently based on your gender does not mean that those of who do NOT like being treated, paid, whatever differently based on ours need to speak in a soft voice or get labeled classless and tacky.
And, you don't have to be "oppressed" to speak out for others.

This notion that if it doesn't happen to you it's not valid is super obnoxious.

Plenty of people have not been homeless, or beaten, or victims of crime or violence, or in abusive relationships, or passed over, or not taken on their merits - but they can still recognize that other people are.

It's a vein of superiority that runs through these posts. "I'm way to special to relate, nor even empathize, and not only that - I'll snidely put down anyone else that does".

Pfffft.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Since Hillary Clinton is not president, your post is irrelevant.

No it's not. It shows why many did not want Hillary. Many feminists are angry that not all women supported Hillary Clinton.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:49 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,540,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
And, you don't have to be "oppressed" to speak out for others.

This notion that if it doesn't happen to you it's not valid is super obnoxious.

Plenty of people have not been homeless, or beaten, or victims of crime or violence, or in abusive relationships, or passed over, or not taken on their merits - but they can still recognize that other people are.

It's a vein of superiority that runs through these posts. "I'm way to special to relate, nor even empathize, and not only that - I'll snidely put down anyone else that does".

Pfffft.
They dont care. 1000% individualistic and selfish and anyone who cares is labeled as "leftist loon"

Old 01-26-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
They dont care. 1000% individualistic and selfish and anyone who cares is labeled as "leftist loon"

You still haven't explained how women in America in 2017 are suffering. Or maybe you just have a fantasy of marching in the 50s or so

Old 01-26-2017, 01:53 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,965,958 times
The Women's March Does NOT Represent ALL Women

No and it does not represent the majority of women. My wife is a professional and she says this march does not represent her or any of her colleagues. She considers it an embarrassment to most women. She was informed by another friend who happened to be in DC at the time of the march that she was embarrassed by the nastiness and vulgarity that she witnessed by some women.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:53 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,376,478 times
No woman who marched intended to represent anyone or anything more than herself or her own feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies