Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 11:42 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Do you know where said person lives for a fact? Or are you making assumptions.
Hyde Park in L.A. according to his location.

One of the city's most dangerous neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 11:50 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Seriously. No, I'm really serious about this.

Some of you need to get help with your obsession.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:09 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Hyde Park in L.A. according to his location.

One of the city's most dangerous neighborhoods.
Said person can easily move. If you have the money, you don't have to live there.

In that city, you have Baldwin Hills, one of the wealthiest predominantly Black neighborhoods in America. Not exactly a nightmare. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldwi...s,_Los_Angeles

Old 01-27-2017, 12:59 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
And the Left's solution to that is to raise the minimum wage and add more regulation that make the cost of doing business in America even more expensive, or, in the case of the small businesses who you say employ and create the majority of new jobs, make it even harder for them to get started in the first place.

Yeah, that makes sense.....
Obama/democrats tried to give small businesses both tax cuts and lending aid (but republicans in congress stopped both laws from passing.)

Republicans block small-business tax break on procedural vote - latimes

Republicans Block Small Business Lending Bill - CBS News

But since republicans practice supply side economics and say its the rich and large corporations that create all the jobs (republicans will naturally block small business tax cuts and lending aid.)

Old 01-27-2017, 01:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Said person can easily move. If you have the money, you don't have to live there.

In that city, you have Baldwin Hills, one of the wealthiest predominantly Black neighborhoods in America. Not exactly a nightmare. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldwi...s,_Los_Angeles
Hyde Park is bad, but not nearly as bad as a lotta other neighborhoods in L.A. proper.

Thing is, it's surrounded by some pretty affluent black neighborhoods like Baldwin and Ladera.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:29 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
My opinion. Neither party is all that great towards Blacks. However, this is what I see. Both parties have their hands in the illegal immigration issue. Both parties are soft.

Historically, Blacks have often been last preferred, and first fired. Part of me thinks that even if illegal immigration was deterred, there would be a preference of immigrants over Blacks. Years ago I heard someone on this forum mention he/she would rather hire Mexicans over Blacks because "Blacks were too much trouble".

The way I see it, Blacks are basically put last by BOTH parties. What next?

Old 01-27-2017, 05:07 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Your thread is an attempt at belittling black folks...it's not a real inquiry.
You made a mistake in assuming that. I didn't ask the question not really seeking an answer. I don't really blame you for jumping to that conclusion though, what with all the idiots chiming in with their generic "free stuff" and "Obamaphone" answers, it's hard to know who's sincere and who's just trying to set you up.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt up front and assume their inquiry is genuine until they prove otherwise, because if you don't, no serious conversations can ever be had. If you assume everyone is a detractor, then all you'll ever encounter are detractors.
Quote:
Hell, if you really wanted to know, you could just ask a black person yourself that you know personally. But you don't know any blacks...do you?
I know 2 black people, and not very well at that. I'm not going to sit here like so many other phonies do and say I have a myriad of black friends, because I don't. I'm not a phony. It's not a matter of choice, more rather, just a matter of circumstance. I live and work in a predominantly white area.

Even if I did have a close black friend, I certainly wouldn't ask them political questions that could quickly lead to heated and sour discussion. Political discussion among friends isn't polite. The anonymity and distance of an internet forum create a unique opportunity where these issues can be discussed openly and honestly without having to worry about the specter of hurt feelings, but that only works if you have people on both sides willing to engage.
Quote:
You're free to assume what you want to assume. It's no skin off our collective backs.
That's fine, but just know that you create a void that gets filled by racists and bigots when you refuse to be a part of the discussion. When they say you vote for Democrats because of all the "free stuff", or that you've just been conditioned to vote that way, and you provide no alternative explanation, suddenly people start to believe the nonsense because you've given them no reason not to.
Quote:
Republicans pay lip service to a bunch of stuff. In fact, all they do is pay lip service. That's all. That's why Trump won.

So basically, the Republican Party has done nothing for you. You vote for them based on what they SAY they'll do...that's it.

So really...you're in no position to play the inquisitor to black folks.
What you say may be correct, but it seems the same is true of black voters and Democrats. For the life of me, I can't see what Dems have done for blacks since the passage of the Civil Rights Act.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Obama/democrats tried to give small businesses both tax cuts and lending aid (but republicans in congress stopped both laws from passing.)

Republicans block small-business tax break on procedural vote - latimes

But since republicans practice supply side economics and say its the rich and large corporations that create all the jobs (republicans will naturally block small business tax cuts and lending aid.)
They did so because Democrats wouldn't allow votes on Republican Amendments.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
My opinion. Neither party is all that great towards Blacks. However, this is what I see. Both parties have their hands in the illegal immigration issue. Both parties are soft.

Historically, Blacks have often been last preferred, and first fired. Part of me thinks that even if illegal immigration was deterred, there would be a preference of immigrants over Blacks. Years ago I heard someone on this forum mention he/she would rather hire Mexicans over Blacks because "Blacks were too much trouble".

The way I see it, Blacks are basically put last by BOTH parties. What next?
So your answer is basically that, yeah, Dems treat blacks badly too but in your opinion Dems are better for blacks than Repubs.

Can't say I agree but it's an honest answer and that really all I was looking for.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:47 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
They did so because Democrats wouldn't allow votes on Republican Amendments.
The democrats put forth a bill that would have given small businesses a 10% tax break for hiring new employees (and the republicans blocked the bill.)
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...ss-tax-breaks/

The democrats also put forth a "bill that would create a $30 billion government fund to help community banks increase lending to small businesses" (and the republicans blocked the bill.)

And its the same with tax cuts for regular Americans. The democrats put forth a bill that would extend all the Bush tax cuts for low income workers and the middle class (and the republicans blocked the bill because it did not extend the tax cuts for the richest 2% of Americans.)
GOP Senators Reject Tax Cuts for Middle Class - CBS News

Republicans practice supply side/trickle down economics, these are literally tax cuts for the very rich and large corporations.

Take GW Bush's tax cuts for example. These tax cuts gave the 20% of Americans making up the middle class 9% of the tax cuts, and then gave the richest 1% of Americans 51% of the tax cuts.
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

Or Donald Trumps tax cuts that will raise middle class Americans after tax income by 1% and then raise the richest 1% of Americans after-tax income by 13%.
Forbes Welcome

Did republicans block all the above bills because democrats would not allow votes on republican amendments, or did republicans block the laws because supply side economics states that the very rich and large corporations get the biggest tax cuts?

Note: There were no tax cuts for large corporations in the small business bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies