Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 07:52 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Honestly, Trump could come out and speak in tongues and you would proclaim it the best speech ever.

Pardon my cynicism.
I get that you are still bitter about Hillary's huge loss after telling us for months that she would win.

Did you even watch it? Doesn't sound like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 07:52 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
He is not smart. He's clever. There is a difference.
Don the Con.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:55 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I watched that interview and absolutely do not think Trump is a nut job.

Now if you want to actually address anything he said in that interview that would support your point of view, then please bring it on. I'll be glad to debate it with you.
The reasons I think he is off his rocker is because he feels the need to qualify his statements and opinions using his supposed popularity. Like, he comes off as really insecure. Its kind of like here on CD when people say they get reps and messages supporting their posts as a way to validate their opinions.

I also knew he would say he didn't see or hear the protesters outside the White House last week. He would never acknowledge those who disagree with him.

He also championed Fox News because he liked their coverage of him.

Many of his attitudes and statements during that interview gave off the air of instability and insecurity. But this JMO. YMMV

Old 01-27-2017, 07:57 AM

9,726 posts, read 14,269,161 times
Quote:
This is fascinating stuff.

It amazes me how Trump supporters view the same thing the rest of us do and totally see it in a different light.

If nothing else, this presidency will be an excellent experiment in perception.
I agree, except for one small thing....It amazes me how Non-Trump people view the same thing the rest of us do, and totally see it in a different light.

We supporters of our President are looking forward to a whole new way of government, no nonsense, get-the-job-done, drain the swamp, and kick out the lazy politicians only looking out for themselves.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I agree, except for one small thing....It amazes me how Non-Trump people view the same thing the rest of us do, and totally see it in a different light.

We supporters of our President are looking forward to a whole new way of government, no nonsense, get-the-job-done, drain the swamp, and kick out the lazy politicians only looking out for themselves.
You have already lost the battle when it comes to 'draining the swamp' and kicking out lazy politicians. They are all still in there!

No nonsense. Huh. So far, we've seen a LOT of smoke and mirrors.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:59 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Wrong.

Precisely!

Doesn't stop Trump and Pence from repeatedly using the phrase, though.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:00 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
This is a joke right? World Class Communicator? The guy is about as eloquent as a flaming bag of dog poop.
He talks like a New Yorker who knows how to communicate with the people. You think those Union leaders he met with respect Obama's eloquence? No.

Did you catch the "Sneaky Rats" comment last night? Love it. That's the way a normal New Yorker talks.

Obama talked over the people. Trump talks to the people.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:02 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,918 times
The dems on here are losing their sh*t. The man is taking some tough stances already.

Trump should stop saying that he is the best or he does everything right but he has already taken more hard decisions than Obama took n 8 years.

Time to put America first and not cater what the world thinks of us. That's how we got screwed on trade for years.

Obama was status quo on practically everything.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:03 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
He also championed Fox News because he liked their coverage of him.
Fox News is the only major news network that is right-leaning. Everybody else is left-leaning.

So yes, every news network except Fox is anti-Trump. That is their default.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:03 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,952,664 times
Trump has no desire to take the media seriously.
Apparently 2/3rds of Americans don't either.
Americans' Trust in Mass Media Sinks to New Low | Gallup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies