Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 04:15 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Love it when a weak liberal like the head anchor guy at ABC gets it handed to him.

I have to say even though I didn't vote for either major party candidate, now I see how Trump won the presidency in an electoral vote landslide.

He has perfect communication skills and is one of the best persuaders in all the land.

I was loving Trump's world class communication skills, while listening to ABC liberal David Muir asking question after question and time after time Trump had a brilliant answer. Muir sounded like a college level interviewer at best.

Muir kept trying to entrap Trump an Trump kept refusing to be entrapped.

Every time I have my doubts on Trump, I see his amazing interviews and now see why he is the President of the United States.
Complete alt-fact nonsense. Muir more than held his own and pinned down Trump on many issues. I haven't been a big fan of Muir, as I think his news show tends to have a more sensationalized approach, than the three other credible networks do. But he gained some ground with me, by the way he conducted himself in that interview. It was obvious, that Trump knew he had to be at his best and discipline himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 04:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Complete alt-fact nonsense. Muir more than held his own and pinned down Trump on many issues. I haven't been a big fan of Muir, as I think his news show tends to have a more sensationalized approach, than the three other credible networks do. But he gained some ground with me, by the way he conducted himself in that interview. It was obvious, that Trump knew he had to be at his best and discipline himself.

Well, you did have him under the microscope.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:25 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
I thought Muir did a decent job. He asked Trump some tough questions, but did it in a respectful manner. I just don't know how he did it with a straight face. How did he not burst out laughing when Trump went on his "that crowd was huge, they all love me, that speech I gave was a very good speech, the applause was incredible..." rant?

Old 01-27-2017, 07:41 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It amazes me that someone can state they know how 10 millions of others who they have never met, never talked to, never dealt with, can tell us how they view things and what they think.

This speaks for where the issue might really lie.

Some people just think they are an authority on every subject. They just know all the answers.( like Trump) My posts are my opinions only. I'm not drinking the Kool aid. Sorry for you!

Old 01-27-2017, 07:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Love it when a weak liberal like the head anchor guy at ABC gets it handed to him.

I have to say even though I didn't vote for either major party candidate, now I see how Trump won the presidency in an electoral vote landslide.

He has perfect communication skills and is one of the best persuaders in all the land.

I was loving Trump's world class communication skills, while listening to ABC liberal David Muir asking question after question and time after time Trump had a brilliant answer. Muir sounded like a college level interviewer at best.

Muir kept trying to entrap Trump an Trump kept refusing to be entrapped.

Every time I have my doubts on Trump, I see his amazing interviews and now see why he is the President of the United States.
Trump is an Idiot, given he is a clever Idiot, but still an Idiot

Old 01-28-2017, 04:03 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Trump could double down on an obama policy and the left will call him nuts.

Oh yes he has.. infrastructure bill
Has he signed an infrastructure bill? There's been so much news, I must have missed it.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:05 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It amazes me how" Why?

How old are you?

The same thing has been going as far back as I can remember and that is the Kennedy admin.
I'm 40.

No, I've never seen the blind adulation of a president like I have with Trump.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:05 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It was a House Resolution, so the Senate Majority Leader could not have co-sponsored the bill that passed.

And the majority of Democrats in the House voted against the resolution.

The majority of Democrats in the Senate did vote for the bill's passage, but it was 29 Yeas versus 21 Nays so pretty close.
Well DC it is clear you do NOT know much about how DC and how the fed works or history.

EACH Chamber passes a bill, then the 2 get together for a final bill.

"The Iraq Resolution (formally the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002,[1] Pub.L. 107–243, 116 Stat. 1498, enacted October 16, 2002, H.J.Res. 114) is a joint resolution passed by the United States Congress in October 2002 as Public Law No: 107-243, authorizing military action against Iraq.

"PassageAn authorization by Congress was sought by President George W. Bush soon after his September 12, 2002 statement before the U.N. General Assembly asking for quick action by the Security Council in enforcing the resolutions against Iraq.[5][6]
Of the legislation introduced by Congress in response to President Bush's requests,[7] S.J.Res. 45 sponsored by Sen. Daschle & Sen. Lott was based on the original White House proposal authorizing the use of force in Iraq, H.J.Res. 114 sponsored by Rep. Hastert & Rep. Gephardt and the substantially similar S.J.Res. 46 sponsored by Sen. Lieberman were modified proposals. H.J.Res. 110 sponsored by Rep. Hastings was a separate proposal never considered on the floor. Eventually, the Hastert-Gephardt proposal became the legislation Congress focused on."

United States Senate

Party Yeas Nays Republican 48 1 Democratic 29 21 Independent 0 1 TOTALS 77 23

WITHOUT THE DEMS THE BILL WOULD NOT HAVE PASSED

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

Old 01-28-2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
Trump talks AT people, not TO them. I was never a big Obama fan but the man could speak in complete sentences and present cohesive thoughts and ideas, even if it was just double talk and politispeak. If Trump's fervent supporters couldn't understand Obama's speeches because they had words which contained more than 5 letters or 2 syllables then perhaps my wife has been right all along. I credit the average American with more intelligence than they deserve. However, I still like to think that many voted for him out of sheer frustration rather than blind belief in his rabid nationalism.

Clearly, our new POSIC has never had to learn how to speak to people, but to his credit, he never needed to. His money always spoke for him.

I was and still am to some extent, trying to keep an open mind about Trump's brave new world but every time he opens his mouth or posts on Twitter, it gets harder and harder.
"Trump talks AT people," B.S.

". I was never a big Obama fan but the man could speak in complete sentences and present cohesive thoughts and ideas,"

Obama could read tel-prompter pretty good but, ebe athat he made many mistakes, 57 states, corpsemen instead of corpsmen.

WITHOUT the use of a tel-prompter, he was a TERRIBLE speaker.

Way to may "ers" and "uhs".

He would ramble on and on for 15 minutes and never answer the question or make a point.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
I'll agree with you on that (Trump doesn't take the media seriously) but as President of the US
he shouldn't sound or act like a brittle (and bitter) adolescent either.

^^^
In the interview, Trump's responses and most of his answers were nothing new. He reminds me
of that character Jimmy 2 times (where Jimmy has to say something twice) but Pres. Trump will
repeat it over 4 times. Trump's vocabulary and language is narrow and predictable. I lost count on how many times he said tremendous, dead, great, carnage,chopping heads....and of course I, I, I, I, I...
If there's one thing that Trump has been very successful is - to question (discredit) any media source
that doesn't show him as the greatest and smartest leader (businessman) on earth.

Trump
"I'll agree with you on that (Trump doesn't take the media seriously) but as President of the US
he shouldn't sound or act like a brittle (and bitter) adolescent either."

The press has become way too complacent and "cocky"

THEY say and print downright LIES all the time and are never called out on them.

If the media wants to treated like adults and NOT adolescents, then THEY need to start acting like adults.

It's a 2 way street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies