Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 05:12 PM

35,795 posts, read 21,180,304 times

Advertisements

India, Pakistan, Saudi full of Muslims, who was the 9-11???! Yea right follow the darn money !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 05:16 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,718,178 times
Iran just made a statement of disapproval of President Trump's EO so we must be on the right path. Good job Mr. President

Old 01-28-2017, 05:19 PM

68,363 posts, read 54,576,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
You shouldn't group all Muslims in one category. There are already millions of Muslims living in the US and they work as doctors, lawyers, and other professionals.

When people in other countries watch American TV shows, they assume everyone drives BMWs and lives in a house in the Hollywood Hills. Is that a fair generalization of the majority of Americans?

Fits right in with the other 'alternative facts' on offer.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:21 PM

40,992 posts, read 49,365,098 times
Let me know when you can tell a good one from a terrorist.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:22 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,802,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Yes, but, let's think about this for a minute.

The vast majority of the Muslims who have made it to the US are professionals and already more liberal than the vast majority of Muslims who have not made it to our shores. Unlike Europe, the US is separated from the Muslim world by two large oceans.

Look at the Muslims who have gone to Europe. They have not assimilated (and I know that Europe perhaps is partly to blame for this) and many have no desire or intent to assimilate.

The vast majority of Muslims living in the Muslim world (and in Europe) have a backward medieval mindset and offer NOTHING to the betterment of the US.

Moreover, as if it were not idiotic enough wanting to import these backward people to the US, there are some in the Muslim population who are jihadists and who want to harm the US.

It is gobsmackingly mind-boggling that anyone would want to import these Muslims.

Sorry, libs. Not wanting to admit these people does not make me a racist. I don't want to live in the Muslim world and I doubt than any of you libs would want to, either. So, why should any of us want to bring the Muslim world to the US?
The U.S. isn't Europe is it? Also, as someone who has had family living in a "no-go zone" in Denmark, I can you that much of right wing propoganda about Europe is false.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:32 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,590,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
The U.S. isn't Europe is it?
No, it is not. And that is part of my point. And, I'd like the US to remain distinguishable from Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Also, as someone who has had family living in a "no-go zone" in Denmark, I can you that much of right wing propoganda about Europe is false.
And yet, much of it is true. I have family living in Sweden and Germany, and they do not like the way Muslim "refugees" are changing their originally liberal and free societies. I travel to The Netherlands often, too, and I can tell you that the Muslims there do not fit in with the original Dutch tolerance.

So, why should we allow any Muslims in the US? Why are we obligated to do so?

Tell us, what benefit do we receive in allowing all these backward people to enter the US when so many of them have no intent whatsoever to accept our (classical) liberal values and some of them desire to harm us?

As a policy, we should be admitting those who can benefit the US. Why should we accept people who only lower the bar for everyone?

Old 01-28-2017, 05:38 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,590,468 times
Those of you with your gutchies in a twist, please explain your objections to the following sections of the current order:

Sec. 1: …In order to protect Americans, the United States must ensure that those admitted to this country do not bear hostile attitudes toward it and its founding principles. The United States cannot, and should not, admit those who do not support the Constitution, or those who would place violent ideologies over American law. In addition, the United States should not admit those who engage in acts of bigotry or hatred (including “honor” killings, other forms of violence against women, or the persecution of those who practice religions different from their own) or those who would oppress Americans of any race, gender, or sexual orientation.

Sec. 2. Policy. It is the policy of the United States to protect its citizens from foreign nationals who intend to commit terrorist attacks in the United States; and to prevent the admission of foreign nationals who intend to exploit United States immigration laws for malevolent purposes.

It is the policy of the executive branch that, to the extent permitted by law and as practicable, State and local jurisdictions be granted a role in the process of determining the placement or settlement in their jurisdictions of aliens eligible to be admitted to the United States as refugees. To that end, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall examine existing law to determine the extent to which, consistent with applicable law, State and local jurisdictions may have greater involvement in the process of determining the placement or resettlement of refugees in their jurisdictions, and shall devise a proposal to lawfully promote such involvement.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:42 PM

2,954 posts, read 2,354,607 times
I don't judge them all.

Proceeds to judge them all as a group.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:52 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,191,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Let me know when you can tell a good one from a terrorist.
You can literally say that about any and every human being on the face of this planet.

Just stupid.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:54 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,745,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Yes, but, let's think about this for a minute.

The vast majority of the Muslims who have made it to the US are professionals and already more liberal than the vast majority of Muslims who have not made it to our shores. Unlike Europe, the US is separated from the Muslim world by two large oceans.

Look at the Muslims who have gone to Europe. They have not assimilated (and I know that Europe perhaps is partly to blame for this) and many have no desire or intent to assimilate.

The vast majority of Muslims living in the Muslim world (and in Europe) have a backward medieval mindset and offer NOTHING to the betterment of the US.

Moreover, as if it were not idiotic enough wanting to import these backward people to the US, there are some in the Muslim population who are jihadists and who want to harm the US.

It is gobsmackingly mind-boggling that anyone would want to import these Muslims.

Sorry, libs. Not wanting to admit these people does not make me a racist. I don't want to live in the Muslim world and I doubt than any of you libs would want to, either. So, why should any of us want to bring the Muslim world to the US?
I understand where you're coming from, but I think it's more of a poor people, uneducated, low class problem than a Muslim issue. Turkish and African Muslims are mostly sane, while many Middle Eastern Muslims are borderline insane. That leads me to believe that it's a culture issue as well.

Frankly, we don't need any more poor, educated, low class people in the US. There are enough of them born here already. But I still feel bad for the refugees who cannot even live in safety in their own country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies