Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 06:52 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Another excellent move bu the POTUS. Now if everyone against him would realize he would actually make their lives better, it would be even more perfect.
all that he is doing is going to take a while to take effect...it will be a trickle down effect, but, when companies start bringing their work back to the U.S. and people start working again, maybe they will understand better.

One thing that worries me....people including CEO's and Union people, have become so greedy, well, let me rephraise that, all people have become greedy which I think has a lot to do with what caused this. No person is worth 18 million, or more...it's crazy, I mean how much money does one really need? But I guess, it's all about the power that goes with it...sad though, cuz in the end, we are the ones who suffer the consequences and they don't seem to care. American corporations are no longer loyal to their country's people.

But, I'm thinking much deeper than maybe I should, but yes, the regulations are very stiff here in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
This. I'm still waiting to completely judge DJT but all of his executive orders thus far have either just been telling someone else to "figure it out", or extremely vague and take sledge hammers to nails.

In this instance every agency is supposed to take away two regulations...well...what is there are not two regulations to cut? What if those regulations are there for good reason?

There's no real analysis or thought done, it's just a blanket requirement. His immigration EO was the same.
well, American Regulations, I understood were way too harsh and difficult, hence, one of the reasons why companies moved to other countries...no?

Old 02-01-2017, 08:05 AM

203 posts, read 246,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, American Regulations, I understood were way too harsh and difficult, hence, one of the reasons why companies moved to other countries...no?
Publicly the reason is to blame corporation tax rate though few pay it for a number of reasons. Look up “corporate inversion”. But here is a quick read...

The Economist explains "What’s driving American firms overseas"

Aug 17th 2015

Quote:
For more than 30 years companies, especially American ones, have been merging with foreign firms or acquiring them outright in order to shift their tax bases abroad. It started in 1982, when McDermott, a construction company, outsmarted America’s Internal Revenue Service (the IRS) by moving its base from New Orleans to Panama, where it had a subsidiary. Ever since, this kind of move, called a “corporate inversion”, has been an attractive way for American companies with overseas earnings to reduce their tax bills.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/econo...ist-explains-9

Also maybe lax in having to obey or be responsible for environmental refuse as a result of manufacturing etc. water, air rights so to speak but the above give you some historical basis to at least start your personal investigation.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:18 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Better than the current system, that accomplishes little and causes confusion AND costs businesses billions.

please demonstrate some examples of current federal regulations that accomplish little and cost businesses billions?

Old 02-01-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Any regulation eliminated that causes leftist, government idolizers like you to squeal like a pig.
Since you don't own a business, you wouldn't know an unnecessary regulation if it hit you at the apex of your groin.

so again- nothing of substance and it's more about "winning" over libs than what's best for the nation. I know many small business owners btw- and not one of them is hamstrung by federal regulations....I swear if your Daddy told you to jump of a cliff because it would anger the "libs" I feel like many would do it...

Old 02-01-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Needs To Change View Post
Publicly the reason is to blame corporation tax rate though few pay it for a number of reasons. Look up “corporate inversionâ€. But here is a quick read...

The Economist explains "What’s driving American firms overseas"

Aug 17th 2015

The Economist explains: What

Also maybe lax in having to obey or be responsible for environmental refuse as a result of manufacturing etc. water, air rights so to speak but the above give you some historical basis to at least start your personal investigation.
thanks, I will, however, another reason, is probably the result of such stiff regulations, for instance, the FDA, it takes forever, years to get a drug approved...where as in another country, might only take half that time, and I'm using this as an example, not for a discussion....

Old 02-01-2017, 08:34 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
please demonstrate some examples of current federal regulations that accomplish little and cost businesses billions?
Compliance with federal regulations now cost $1.9 trillion, exceeding federal income tax - Washington Times

My bad. Trillions, not billions.

One federal regulation that accomplishes little and costs a lot of businesses, especially small businesses, money is the menu labeling law.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Compliance with federal regulations now cost $1.9 trillion, exceeding federal income tax - Washington Times

My bad. Trillions, not billions.

One federal regulation that accomplishes little and costs a lot of businesses, especially small businesses, money is the menu labeling law.

Washington Times? please bring a real news source....

Old 02-01-2017, 08:41 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,644,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Each State has its own EPA, and in fact, there are even counties with their own EPA. which can monitor and enforce regulations, so no federal-based EPA office is needed.

There are also many private non-profit agencies that monitor the environment and test consumer products.

Playing the "children with cancer" card doesn't faze me, since I subscribe to Cost-Benefit Analysis Theory.
These events happened with regulations in place:

1. Fracking (Gas in water) -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LBjSXWQRV8
2. BP Oil Spill -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zGFvzMMO9w
3. California Gas Leak -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=danT1Q3NCsM
4. Lead in Water -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqnaq2Vn-CA
5. Financial Crisis 2008 -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzEWeGJLP0
6. Last but not least on my list, but will forever change the earth and every living thing on this planet -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdbitRlbLDc

People tend to forget things in the past which is why we have the phrase "History repeats itself"! You are for deregulating industries in the U.S but history shows that even with regulation dramatic events can happen. Now imagine, America or even this world with no regulations!!!!!!

You people who believe in deregulation will "reap what you sow"! Destroying the earth just to make a dollar is pure evil at best!!!!

Last edited by BeyondInfinity; 02-01-2017 at 09:00 AM..

Old 02-01-2017, 08:41 AM

203 posts, read 246,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
thanks, I will, however, another reason, is probably the result of such stiff regulations, for instance, the FDA, it takes forever, years to get a drug approved...where as in another country, might only take half that time, and I'm using this as an example, not for a discussion....
Ahh yes drug regulations. True and agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies