Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want Roe V Wade overturned?
No 193 79.75%
Yes 49 20.25%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 09:22 PM

2,851 posts, read 4,522,770 times

Advertisements

plain & simple - this is MY body, it is MY choice what i do with it. i will listen to other opinions but no one should have the right to decide what i can/can't do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 09:35 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
I would like to see abortion severely limited.

I am in favor of tax payer funding for birth control.

I have put my dollars behind my belief and have paid for birth control for a few young women who could not afford it and were seemingly unable to say no to sex. Three at a time is what I've been able to afford. They eventually get jobs with Rx benefits and I run into another who needs help.

I wish more would do that in their worlds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
For one thing, the various means of birth control is taught in high school. Such info comes in handy when later in life students get married but don't soon want a baby.
you point is well taken with Birth Control info and availability.. UNFORTUNATELY NOT ALL folks ( young people) can avail themselves to availability until ACA. Now GOP wants to cut that OFF too! So guess what happens.. Back street abortions.. or worse self-inflicted mutilations to terminate... I knew experienced the consequences of use of coke bottles to force miscarriage back in the 70's.. I trained and worked in a Catholic Hospital ( tho I'm not Catholic) ..so back then.. women were deemed nothing more than a vessel..and BABY was primary... BUT will say since then, even Strict Catholics have evolved... Sadly adamant Pro-lifer's HAVEN"T!!

Prevention should be priority..wether it's prevent Cancer or Diabetes or whatever genetic links one has or symptoms anyone indicates .. WHY the He$$'s B3$$s isn't prevention of Unwanted pregnancy not part of that equation?????? Extreme Pro-lifers refuse to allow preventions.. because pregnancy is GOD's WILL.. LOL..Nope.. Pregnancy is caused by impregnations by intercourse without protections....along with STD's and whatever genetic data transmitted to whomevers!

Many children are born post rape and un-intentend and loved.. But after violent assault/rape or gang rape or ancestral fordable intercourse is another level. Please do not deflect the importance of the HOW anyone get IMPREGNATED!! SO to anyone who wants the absoluteness of LIFE is paramount.. best look at just the genesis of how that life came to be before you JUDGE! I know I'm talking to the hand..But given my life experiences.. I have to say.. Ignorance and opinions based solely on doctrine and ideology lacks a lot of credibility for me! Path of Life is individual..and no one should be judging anyone's PATH unless they walked in those shoes themselves!

Old 01-30-2017, 11:12 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Is this even on the table right now? Did I miss a tweet or something? Why bring this up?
I'm guessing it's because Trump said he is going to announce his nominee for the Supreme Court this week.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:16 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,553,915 times
Absolutely not. Desperate women will die.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:19 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times
No. Why should it be overturned? If I wanted to live in a theocracy, I'd move to Iran. Religion doesn't belong in politics.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:34 AM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
plain & simple - this is MY body, it is MY choice what i do with it. i will listen to other opinions but no one should have the right to decide what i can/can't do with it.
So it's okay to terminate a pregnancy at 38 weeks? When you're carrying a human being inside of you?

Old 01-31-2017, 09:31 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Marriage is also not a "basic right."
Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1, 12 (1967): “The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men.”

There are several Supreme court cases that back it up.

14 Supreme Court Cases: Marriage is a Fundamental Right | American Foundation for Equal Rights

Old 01-31-2017, 09:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
... And what IS that reason?
Many reasons, but lack or knowledge, and lack of access to contraceptives are big ones.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:51 AM

2,851 posts, read 4,522,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
So it's okay to terminate a pregnancy at 38 weeks? When you're carrying a human being inside of you?
what i do with my body is my choice. i will be the one to live with the consequences. what you do with your body is your decision. i can't condemn you for your decision. i may not like it, but i'm not the one who has to live with the decision.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:07 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
I voted no despite the fact that I personally oppose abortion, but on a moral rather than religious ground. That said, I think a woman should have a right to get an abortion up to a certain trimester. It's her body, who am I to dictate what another human being does with their body?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies