Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 07:12 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,564,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Bannon and Flynn need to go. If Trump didn't have Bannon whispering in his ear - he might do a lot better job.
Bannon thrives on chaos and doesn't know chit about how to govern.
Yep, I can deal with gung ho job creator Trump, but not the fringe extremists he's putting in power.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:13 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Bannon and Flynn need to go. If Trump didn't have Bannon whispering in his ear - he might do a lot better job.
Remember when they said not to worry that Trump had no experience whatsoever? He would appoint good people and listen to them? Well, he is listening.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:15 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,623,116 times
Bannon needs to go, alright...into a deep, dark hole where he can't bother anybody.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:15 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
The want chaos because chaos creates diversion.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:32 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
There is no desire to govern as much as a desire to overthrow democracy. Do a better job you say? I've got news for you, the orange buffoon did not come to to govern either. He came to pillage and plunder. To fill his coffers as his cronies fill theirs. Why would anyone put even an ounce of faith in such a crooked self-serving SOB?

Old 01-30-2017, 07:47 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,126,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Given his reported ties to White nationalism and how green card holding residents were treated the same as refugees, Im not going to give Bannon the benefit of the doubt.

What reported ties are these? I haven't seen anything real. Somehow I think the green card holding residents are getting sorted.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:06 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
Quote:
Clarity might come slowly but eventually it comes.

Bannon has already said that Silicon Valley has too many Asian CEOs and now this further advances what appears to be his racially motivated and xenophobic agenda.

http://www.vox.com/2017/1/29/1442998...r-steve-bannon

As a person of color whose parents immigrated here in the 1960s penniless but determined. They worked hard to became very successful business owners, I am totally insulted by the fact that people like my parents who have been nothing but contributors could be hated because they arent white, but now I know where we stand with this administration.

#goodtoknow
1. Your story is not special nor compelling. Stop presenting yourself as a special penny. Your parents were handed an opportunity and worked. So what. Join the club. You're new here, period.

2. How many White CEOs are in Asia? #goodtoknow

3. You have it better here than anywhere else in the world. Your agitation is going to ruin that. There is no where else that remotely allows for the integration that this nation does. You'd be best advised to keep in mind that the line for that cooperation is not endless, and that shortsighted and spoiled Leftists are pushing this over its practical limit.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
What reported ties are these? I haven't seen anything real. Somehow I think the green card holding residents are getting sorted.
Nah Im pretty secure in my assertion that I dont need to give hhim the benefit of the doubt.
Here's Why It's Fair

Old 01-30-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
1. Your story is not special nor compelling. Stop presenting yourself as a special penny. Your parents were handed an opportunity and worked. So what. Join the club. You're new here, period.
Actually it's Steve Bannon that has me feeling special. I just thought that Conservatives at least appreciate people who work hard, pay taxes and are self reliant.

Now I know that many on that side dont think immigrants and minorities should be allowed to be successful.

#goodtoknow

Quote:
2. How many White CEOs are in Asia?
I think there is a resentment by some that they are being beaten at their own game.

Quote:
3. You have it better here than anywhere else in the world. Your agitation is going to ruin that. There is no where else that remotely allows for the integration that this nation does. You'd be best advised to keep in mind that the line for that cooperation is not endless, and that shortsighted and spoiled Leftists are pushing this over its practical limit.
No I think that when racists, xenophobes and white nationalists are allowed into the highest halls of power, we must be weary and vigilant.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:51 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,126,956 times
Quote:
Nah Im pretty secure in my assertion that I dont need to give hhim the benefit of the doubt.
Here's Why It's Fair

Even a biased person would admit that Mother Jones is heavily biased and is pushing this agenda where there is almost nothing to knit together. This is where you can not find anything the guy has actually said that would lead you to this conclusion. What they do push is nationalist thought, its why Andrew Breitbart pushed for minority conservatives to take active roles and was a big proponent of black republicans so that the left couldn't claim it was racist, because that is what the left does.
That 'article' was slapped together drivel. Sorry, we cant agree on everything.
This is from a proud and successful immigrant....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies