Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 06:48 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,000 times

Advertisements

http://www.governing.com/topics/urban/gov-trump-sanctuary-cities-mayors.html

Just this morning Cincinnati added to the sanctuary list.

Seems the dems are hell-bent on turning the USA into Mexico.

Trump has not done much to rectify this. Hopefully he is getting his ducks in a row and will come down hard...I'm talking cracking some eggs.

Do you think it is time for state militias to be authorized by Trump to handle this sanctuary city mess?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 06:55 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
When you have a plumbing leak, you shut off the source first before fixing the internal pipe and faucet problems.

Re-establishing the border security and cutting of refugees is shutting off the source.

Give it time.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:40 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,714,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post

Trump has not done much to rectify this. Hopefully he is getting his ducks in a row and will come down hard...I'm talking cracking some eggs.

Do you think it is time for state militias to be authorized by Trump to handle this sanctuary city mess?
Oh please... I live in Texas. This WAS Mexico centuries ago. Even if whites are in the minority, there are still plenty of other white people, black people, Asian people, and Native Americans to not make it feel like Mexico.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:12 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Oh please... I live in Texas. This WAS Mexico centuries ago. Even if whites are in the minority, there are still plenty of other white people, black people, Asian people, and Native Americans to not make it feel like Mexico.
It was Mexico for like, 20 years. They couldn't hold on to Spain's territorial expanse. It's kind of like saying that British people should be able to move freely to the United States because we "used to be a part of England."

Before Texas was "Mexico" it belonged to Spain. 90% of Mexican Americans in the US today do not have ancestry dating back to those first Spanish-Mexican settlers of Mexico.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:15 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,000 times
Since the cities refuse to ask for papers, someone else will have to do it. Each state sponsors their own militia.

I would like to see state militias handle their respective state and ferret out the illegals. Don't rely on the feds to be the heavy. This only after the politicians signing the sanctuary declaration are hauled off by the feds for sedition and treason. The militias could be trained by ICE to work along those lines. I am no expert at the details.

A good test for initial investigation is...can the person speak English.

IMMIGRATION: Obtaining citizenship without the requirement of speaking English

If the state militia is not doable, then the job has to go to the feds. Of course this presupposes that Americans think repopulating their country with illegal aliens is a bad thing.

It is sad America has come to this, but that is our world Obama has left us...a world where anything goes. Some states are headed for sanctuary state status. Many people just shrug off the sanctuary city / state trend as nothing to be concerned about.

Sanctuary cities: What's at stake? - Jan. 27, 2017

There may not be one perfect fix, just constant vigilance and work.

One responder's solution was to just let the states do as they like.

What is your suggestions to fix / band aid to this problem?

edit..I'm not interested in joining the militia unless the gov comes for my guns.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:17 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I'd like to know when we stop. At one point and another, different parts of the world have "belonged to" different group of people.

For example, Louisiana belonged to French but France belonged to many other nations and those other nations belonged to many others too.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:

LOL.

Are you under the impression that Cincy has a lot of Mexican's?

Old 01-31-2017, 08:24 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:

Good. Money will be withheld from all sanctuary cities.
And we could use it to build The Wall.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:25 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Cities in PA may face the loss of state funding. We have a democratic Governor but he faces a veto proof legislature.
Quote:
Pennsylvania lawmakers consider stripping 'sanctuary cities' of state funds as Trump does the same for federal dollars | Politics | lancasteronline.com

Pennsylvania lawmakers are looking to cut off all state funding to cities that offer refuge to immigrants living in the country illegally.

At least two lawmakers from Lancaster County are actively involved in the push against “sanctuary cities” that refuse to cooperate with federal agencies in enforcing immigration laws.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:27 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
...........Are you under the impression that Cincy has a lot of Mexican's?
Not yet, probably.

But if I were a Mexican gang member and in the country illegally, that's where I would go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies