Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 07:25 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Now that is interesting. Could the President of Mexico be so critical of Trumps wall because when built it would mean that all the low skilled poor people that have been coming up from Central and South America will now be stopping and staying in Mexico?
If it happens would Mexico build its own Southern wall? That is if they have any money left from building ours....
Here is a fun fact.

I read it somewhere that the illegals in the US send more money back to Mexico than they make from their substantial oil reserves, almost 24 billion dollars a year. They send it back by wire through thousands of Western Union and other money wiring services.

I wish President Donald Trump puts a tax or a fee or an attachment on every single dollar flowing south through Western Union. It would cost over 25 billion dollars to build a 2000 mile wall, then over a billion dollars a year to maintain it and almost 2 billion dollars to maintain a presence of over 20,000 border patrol agents, which is equivalent to an entire German division of soldiers in World War 2.

Mexico will NEVER say "Okay, we will pay for the wall" and in fairness, I don't blame them. But there are other ways to make them pay for that wall. It is not like it is going to hurt their economy or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 07:31 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
My dream is to move to Lake Chapala (Ajijic) in Mexico. I doubt I'm gonna get there except to visit occasionally but it's where I would go in a heartbeat if I could put it all together.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:32 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How come when people mention leaving the country, it's always Canada?

How come nobody wants to move to Mexico? Many seem OK with Mexicans migrating here... why not the other way around? It's a short hop from southern CA... Hollywood is right there for the actors who can't stomach Trump...

Is it race? Safety? They won't let you in because of their immigration policies?
You Ignorant, the largest community of Gringos outside USA are living in México not in Canada not in any country of Europe like UK or Ireland or Germany or your Ally Russia. but they are living in your Enemy Mexico...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_diáspora

Dumb statements everywhere by antimexican stupids.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
My dream is to move to Lake Chapala (Ajijic) in Mexico. I doubt I'm gonna get there except to visit occasionally but it's where I would go in a heartbeat if I could put it all together.

I live in Guadalajara.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:36 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Lets load up a rocket and put Rosie , Cher ,Madonna, and Ashley Judd then send the rocket into the sun
Don't be obtuse. You know Rosie would need a separate rocket. Those things are only so big. Sheesh!!!

Old 01-31-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Mexico does have a southern wall.

mexico's southern wall - Google Search

This statement is stupid. And a Lie from sinful Liers

Look and tell me where is that F..ing Wall. This is the Usumacinta River one side is Mexico the other side is Guatemala.

http://s03.s3c.es/imag/_v0/635x356/c...acinta_635.jpg

MAY GOD PUNISH YOU FOR BEING A LIER.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:44 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Don't be obtuse. You know Rosie would need a separate rocket. Those things are only so big. Sheesh!!!
be careful. You may be labeled "misogynist", or "homophobic", or both.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:45 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,081 times
Because I like hockey and cold weather.

But that doesn't mean I have anything against Mexico. I'd try living there too.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:12 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
You Ignorant, the largest community of Gringos outside USA are living in México not in Canada not in any country of Europe like UK or Ireland or Germany or your Ally Russia. but they are living in your Enemy Mexico...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_diáspora

Dumb statements everywhere by antimexican stupids.
Not insulting Mexico here... I just notice when liberals say they are leaving the country - they always intend to go to Canada and never Mexico. Just wondering why...

Old 01-31-2017, 08:16 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How come when people mention leaving the country, it's always Canada?

How come nobody wants to move to Mexico? Many seem OK with Mexicans migrating here... why not the other way around? It's a short hop from southern CA... Hollywood is right there for the actors who can't stomach Trump...

Is it race? Safety? They won't let you in because of their immigration policies?
Probably because it is a more stable government. I have spent extensive time in both countries, and I would go to Mexico as the weather and climate is more comfortable. Canada is cold in July. And I have a child that is half Canadian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies