Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 09:31 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,425,315 times

Advertisements

Trigger-happy moron shooting a shoplifter in a (probably crowded) parking lot. If the deceased was unarmed, throw the gun nut in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 09:31 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,119,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Leading a life of crime is dangerous, I have no sympathy for the criminal. Period.
I'm just curious. Do you know for a fact that the shooter knew with absolute certainty the vehicle was stolen and the items were stolen before he shot and killed the criminal?

What if this "hero" had been there when I was checking my coat pockets trying to find the receipt while the retail store worker was staring at me with accusing eyes?

Old 02-05-2017, 09:32 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,503,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
There's usually video surveillance at Walmart, but I don't know if this was caught on tape.

The first mistake was when the employee confronted the 4 men. He should have called the police. Now that I'm reading more about this, the customer might have been defending himself and the employee. Of course I am against gun violence, but it sounds as if the man saw an employee in trouble and wanted to help. OTOH, stealing diapers should not be a capital offense. Best to get the entire story.

I just used Google and apparently this is a very dangerous area with a lot of gun violence as others have posted.
One more time... Pay attention to the bolded and highlighted portion of this states law pertaining to lawful discharge of a firearm..
Quote:
790.15 Discharging firearm in public or on residential property.—
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) or subsection (3), any person who knowingly discharges a firearm in any public place or on the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street, who knowingly discharges any firearm over the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street or over any occupied premises, or who recklessly or negligently discharges a firearm outdoors on any property used primarily as the site of a dwelling as defined in s. 776.013 or zoned exclusively for residential use commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. This section does not apply to a person lawfully defending life or property or performing official duties requiring the discharge of a firearm or to a person discharging a firearm on public roads or properties expressly approved for hunting by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or Florida Forest Service.
(2) Any occupant of any vehicle who knowingly and willfully discharges any firearm from the vehicle within 1,000 feet of any person commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3) Any driver or owner of any vehicle, whether or not the owner of the vehicle is occupying the vehicle, who knowingly directs any other person to discharge any firearm from the vehicle commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(4) Any person who recreationally discharges a firearm outdoors, including target shooting, in an area that the person knows or reasonably should know is primarily residential in nature and that has a residential density of one or more dwelling units per acre, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. This subsection does not apply:
(a) To a person lawfully defending life or property or performing official duties requiring the discharge of a firearm;

(b) If, under the circumstances, the discharge does not pose a reasonably foreseeable risk to life, safety, or property; or
(c) To a person who accidentally discharges a firearm.
History.—s. 1, ch. 3289, 1881; RS 2683; GS 3626; RGS 5557; CGL 7743; s. 1, ch. 61-334; s. 745, ch. 71-136; s. 1, ch. 78-17; s. 1, ch. 89-157; s. 229, ch. 99-245; s. 77, ch. 2012-7; s. 3, ch. 2012-108; s. 1, ch. 2016-12.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:34 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,961,338 times
Quote:
So someone was allegedly stealing diapers and should get the death penalty? No arrest, arraignment, no right to counsel or a fair trial? You just think anyone with a gun has the right to shoot another person?

Many of the people who talk about 2nd Amendment rights seem to forget that it was in something called "The Constitution."

Like I said, "breaking the law has consequences." Fact! Nothing else needs to be said.

BTW the car this felon arrived in was hijacked from someone earlier in the week.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Um...I know them all too well, but that doesn't mean I can't voice an opinion. I lived full time in FL for over 20 years and now live there part-time.
Then why is this an issue, if you know the law?

Old 02-05-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm actually a little disturbed by the execution style of this case. I've been stopped by a retail store worker before. I was walking toward one door then remembered that I parked on the other side so I turned around and went to the other door. I was stopped as I was walking outside by a worker there. It took me a little bit to find the receipt because I forgot which pocket of my coat I stuffed the receipt into. As I was looking for the receipt, I could see the accusing eyes of the store worker.

What if a trigger happy customer right there and then decided to be a hero and shot me before I had the chance to prove that I paid for those items?

No idea why this case doesn't scare more people.
Were you fleeing? Were you aggressive? No? Nothing to worry about...

Old 02-05-2017, 09:37 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,119,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Were you fleeing? Were you aggressive? No? Nothing to worry about...
Are you saying stupidity warrants death?

Old 02-05-2017, 09:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
If I confront you in the act of a crime and you reach for something, yes, you may well may die. Being a criminal is a dangerous profession.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Stupidity usually yields death...like drinking and driving unfortunately in that scenario the drunk usually is the one who walks away with minor injuries... Poetic justice served for those who don't.

Another bonus to this state, they don't reduce DWI down here... You get locked up with the real criminals and it's a felony offense!

What's it called? Darwinism?
Only the strong survive... The stupid and weak fall along the wayside...

If the witnesses to this say the suspect was threatening or combative to the shooter, or made a threat along the lines of I have a gun, he literally put his own nails in his own coffin...

Old 02-05-2017, 09:53 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,189,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Ohwell.

I don't and never have slept around... And I most certainly made sure all measures of B/C were used in my relationships.
Poor life choices are poor life choices. Don't encourage or pander to that behavior. That behavior is outright stupidity... That's what they tried to indoctrinate me with in highschool back in NY... Don't judge don't make fun blah blah... Oh but I will. Fellow classmates who were having kids I rubbed it in their faces as often as I could. Dummies. Until you have a job that provides you with the means to support yourself and possibly your spouse don't engage in risky behavior it's that simple!!!

If that were the case...

If kids were held accountable to feed what they breed and actually knew the consequences of their actions instead of dumping their mistake on their parents laps... Perhaps that wouldn't be an issue. Wouldn't see idiots going around knocking chicks up at young ages, both of them throwing their lives away both either resenting or only being parents when convenient.

More than likely though it was a theft to be sold for profit... Just the same as the heroin addicts in upstate NY stealing and breaking into homes...
Although you think that your superior schooling was indoctrinating you it was in fact teaching you. I also went to school in a top state. Think about that and apply what a school in Florida was NOT teaching or indoctrinating - to use your words. Maybe if they had information and access to abortion then they could terminate the pregnancy and not have to steal to pay for an expensive baby. You don't seem to understand why information is power and important. Glad you, despite your lack of empathy, turned out okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies