Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 07:53 AM

1,160 posts, read 715,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Calling out a president who shows disdain for our judicial system, defined by the constitution he swore to protect and defend, is not grasping at straws. It is a legitimate concern.

If you have some meaningful grounds to disagree with my statement I'd give it serious consideration, but silly memes don't help your cause.

By the way, the term "grasping at straws" has nothing to do with drinking straws.
Oh, so now you believe that branches of government are not allowed to criticize each other? Were you also calling for the impeachment of Obama when he was showing disdain for congress? Or when he showed disdain for the SCOTUS when they ruled against him?

you people crack me up - all of a sudden the left has become a bastion of prudence and champion of tradition! hilariously hypocritical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 07:59 AM

8,319 posts, read 3,955,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
tRump called Judge James Robart a 'so-called' judge. A man who was confirmed by the US Senate UNANIMOUSLY, after his nomination by GW Bush.

If a US President cannot respect the Federal judiciary, he does not deserve the respect of anyone.
You can present all the facts you want; realize that the Trump cult would happily follow him over a cliff, will gladly accept any dictatorial excess he want to pursue, will applaud any bizarrely illogical decision the man makes. He KNOWS this. These hardline supporters have been groomed from day 1 to swallow any alternative fact that he shoves out there. The real question is, how long will they hold out until they begin to realize they they have been swindled in the biggest con-game in American history? We know that only 25% of the voting public cast their mark for Trump - that support is fading fast everywhere except in the looniest birther anarchist fringe groups. No President in modern times has positioned himself to be an enemy of the citizens that he represents, it's going to be some interesting times ahead for all of us.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:02 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,932,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You obviously don't believe in anything he says anyway so why are you so hung up on that statement?
I don't think you really understand the underlying issue...or you're ignoring it.

Trump is basically saying he's going to ignore anything negative...I mean, I'm sure he'd champion a "positive" poll from the "MSM", with links to it on his Twitter (accompanied with some ridiculous words, I'm sure).

This is incredibly alarming because a President needs to freaking learn how to deal with criticism. He needs to rise above it. He needs to be able to take the negative and the positive. I realize this is a low bar to set here, but he needs to act like an adult.

Instead he throws ridiculous hissy fits anytime someone says something bad about him. Or he'll just make something up to "show" the real truth (no, Donald, we don't all love your travel ban idea...).

This kind of behavior is more reminiscent of a dictator, not the leader of the free world.

Again, you seem to really be missing the important point.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:06 AM

33,594 posts, read 37,230,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Hmm, Democrats have very convenient short term memories. They've already forgotten all the polls had Hillary crushing Trump.
Typical...When you have no argument you deflect...Have you ever seen that work?

Old 02-06-2017, 08:13 AM

51,685 posts, read 25,947,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

...God works in mysterious ways. Perhaps this is but one of such ways.
It could be.

I often wonder if Trump supporters would put all their savings in the hands of a financial manager who insists that financial managers need not operate with the best interests of their clients in mind, who has filed for bankruptcy numerous times, and who recently paid a multi-million dollar settlement in a fraud case.

Plus, lies openly and often about easy-to-verify events.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:15 AM

33,594 posts, read 37,230,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
can you tell me how that jives with conservatives holding the White House, Senate, House and 2/3 of state legislatures and governors?

if the majority of "the people" are NOT conservative and NOT republican how does the GOP hold so much power?
The answer is simple....The US electoral system is badly broken....Any idiot can win an election provided they are willing to spend obscene amounts of money. That is the reason your government is full of the ultra wealthy.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:16 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,120,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Our so called president?
Maybe Obama was our so called 8 year president.

Get over it..... Trump won.
I guess Trump considered Obama our "so called" president when he was running around crowing about birth certificates and accusing him of being in cahoots with terrorists.

He doesn't deserve anymore respect than he gave our previous president. He is unfit to lead America.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:17 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,120,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
which doesn't matter one iota.

one of the biggest "fake news" stories of the year was the constant pushing of NATIONAL polls when NATIONAL vote tallies have ZERO effect on the outcome of the presidential race.

I truly hope the media has learned their lesson and to not focus on national polls.

RealClearPolitics did it right - they broke it down by states -- and even they were WRONG!
The post you quoted wasn't about polls

Old 02-06-2017, 08:22 AM

8,885 posts, read 4,618,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The answer is simple....The US electoral system is badly broken....Any idiot can win an election provided they are willing to spend obscene amounts of money. That is the reason your government is full of the ultra wealthy.

lol - Hillary outspent President Trump 2 to 1. Why isn't she in the White House? And surely she qualifies as "any idiot". The electoral system is working just fine.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:26 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,911,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Sheep who cannot criticize Trump in any way who cannot criticize Putin in any way.

Comrades all.
What? Criticize him, sure.. but do it properly.

Tariffs? Great topic to criticize him on as there is a lot of evidence to show that it doesn't work and it is a tax on the people it is supposed to help.

Infrastructure spending? F' that! It is a waste of money in an already bloated system. Let the damn states take care of their own bridges and highways.

The list goes on, you can do all the criticizing you like, but making accusations about Hitler? 1984? etc...

That is just dumb crap and it is why people dismiss it as useless banter by a bunch of whiny little babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies