Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 06:36 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I have to ask, what is in this foolishness for Trump?

While it may well be that he had no expectation of actually being elected president, and ran just for reasons of vanity, craving excitement, additional name recognition, or heck, just to yell about whatever was under his saddle, why does he persist in behavior which clearly is not to his own best interests in either the short or long run? Why is he making it so difficult for himself? (for the moment, let's overlook how difficult he is making it for America and Americans).

Can Trump truly not help himself? Is he so driven to be right (in his own esteem), to be the best, the smartest, the richest, the "rightest", etc. (again, in his own view) that he is unable to comprehend that he is being the instrument of his own downfall, if not destruction, by his failure to play nicely with others, to listen once in a while, to make an effort to educate himself about how our government is supposed to work? Is he so blinded by his wealth, his need to be right and to take vengeance on those he perceives as opposing him and by his deficits - intellectual, maturity, character - that he is completely unable to see that he is self-sabotaging?

Many think narcissism is to blame, but it seems to me that it's something beyond that, and what that might be at its core eludes me.

Perhaps Trump truly is one of a kind, and the various comparisons - Napoleon, Andrew Jackson, Mussolini, etc. - only resemble part of what he is, not the entire man.
Here, it's possible to respond either with a very long or short answer. I'll go for the short -

I think Trump is smart enough and patriotic enough to be absolutely terrified by what he's gotten himself into. Self-defeating, combative behavior is the norm for someone who's put themselves into his position. He's simply not prepared - either intellectually, politically, organizationally, or emotionally.

The ones to watch are those around him. Perhaps the mantra of the day should be - thank heavens for Jared Kushner ... thank heavens for Jared Kushner.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:47 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,780,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's getting to be a long list of Trump Failures, Flailings, Flounderings and Flip-Flops.

Now Trump has completely reversed himself on the "One China" policy. What a diplomatic embarrassment.
Why, you want Trump to go to war with China?

Old 02-10-2017, 07:04 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Here, it's possible to respond either with a very long or short answer. I'll go for the short -

I think Trump is smart enough and patriotic enough to be absolutely terrified by what he's gotten himself into. Self-defeating, combative behavior is the norm for someone who's put themselves into his position. He's simply not prepared - either intellectually, politically, organizationally, or emotionally.

The ones to watch are those around him. Perhaps the mantra of the day should be - thank heavens for Jared Kushner ... thank heavens for Jared Kushner.
Kushner is probably smart enough to be scared to death by how tough it is to actually lead with no experience whatsoever.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:17 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Why, you want Trump to go to war with China?
Of course not. It's Trump who looked like a fool by making the phone call to Taiwan and blustering about China, then reversing himself later by saying he now supports "one China" policy. He's becoming a serious embarrassment to the nation.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:08 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA
It's getting to be a long list of Trump Failures, Flailings, Flounderings and Flip-Flops.

Now Trump has completely reversed himself on the "One China" policy. What a diplomatic embarrassment.
Yup he has NO IDEA what he is doing...... His boyfriend is telling him! (Mr Bannon)

Old 02-11-2017, 03:34 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump's 20% Mexico tariff -- FAIL

ACA immediate repeal and replace -- FAIL

Muslim ban, halted by courts -- FAIL

Trump EO on imaginary voter fraud, stalled -- FAIL

Trump is not off to a good start. Failing bigly. Sad.

May I remind you that he's only been in office since January 20th?

Old 02-11-2017, 03:51 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
And he is already causing alot of mess!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2017, 04:05 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
And he is already causing alot of mess!!!!!!!!!
The only mess has been the disgusting liberal outrage and relentlessly need to insult the man every minute of every day. I am appalled at the level of hatred for our president.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:26 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The only mess has been the disgusting rightwing outrage and relentlessly need to insult the man every minute of every day. I am appalled at the level of hatred for President Obama.
^^^
This look familiar to you? It should because that's the way it's been for the past 8 years from you people.

What's that old saying? Hmm...let's see, oh yeah: "What goes around comes around".

Life's a b**** isn't it, Jeff?

Old 02-13-2017, 09:31 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
... and the list grows longer:

Trump's 20% Mexico tariff -- FAIL
ACA immediate repeal and replace -- FAIL
Muslim ban, halted by courts -- FAIL
Trump EO on imaginary voter fraud, stalled -- FAIL
Complete reversal on "One China" policy -- FLIP-FLOP
Michael Flynn scandal, lying about Russia contacts -- FAIL

Trump is not off to a good start. Failing bigly. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies