Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 03:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Ca will at some point, at least guys like Jerry Brown and Gavin Newsom. Trump will pull grants and other funding at some point if Ca doesn't comply with federal policy, aka, informing ICE when they have illegals in jail.
That's probably exactly what Steve Bannon is whispering in Trump's ear every night before Trump heads upstairs at 6:30 to put on his jammies and try and find someone who will eat dinner with him.

"Pull their funding. Pull their funding. Cause chaos in the streets. Pull their funding. You are getting sleepy. Pull their funding. You have bigger hands than Jerry Brown. "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 03:48 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That's probably exactly what Steve Bannon is whispering in Trump's ear every night before Trump heads upstairs at 6:30 to put on his jammies and try and find someone who will eat dinner with him.

"Pull their funding. Pull their funding. Cause chaos in the streets. Pull their funding. You are getting sleepy. Pull their funding. You have bigger hands than Jerry Brown. "
LOL... Ok...

I've made no bones about the fact that I don't like Trump, but the money that they are talking about pulling from Ca is grant money. This grant money has a lot of strings attached to it. Strings that the state isn't following. Trump, or any president not pulling the funding is one of the strings, if the state local level isn't following the grant funding the feds have a responsibility to pull the money.

This information isn't widely dispensed and the biased media just wants to spin and slant anything they can to make Trump look bad, it's an issue that doesn't really have anything to do with Trump per se, he's just actually following the law. LOL, it's funny how that all works.

Intellectual dishonesty is probably one of my bigger pet peeves I have. We as a nation have become soooo engulfed into partisan or identity politics that we can't look an issues, issues are the key, but whatever.

Another example of how biased and anti-trump they are, they are calling the travel ban a "Muslim" ban, it's a travel restriction from a group of countries where the governments can't or won't work with us to identify and properly vet people. Those countries have Christians too, not just Muslims.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He'll get over it.

That is what was said right before Reconstruction of the South.
I would not put it past a Federal Government dead set on draining the swamp. The precedent has been set and carried out before.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:55 PM

24,124 posts, read 32,498,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Living in CA I have to agree .
--

"I think it's ridiculous," Trump said. "I will tell you that sanctuary cities are – they’ve got a lot of problems and there’s tremendous crime. A lot of people agree with me, this was a campaign issue.

"We will certainly not stand for sanctuary even cities, let alone states."

Trump also said that California "in many ways is out of control ... from an economic standpoint ... People are leaving California [and] going to Texas and other places that are run in a different manner, but we’ll see what happens."

Trump says Mexican president 'has got a problem' with cartels, slams California 'sanctuary state' push | Fox News

California is "out of control?"

I think trump needs to look in the mirror HE is out of control.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

The baby cries, when you take the binky away for good. But they get over it and learn to eat.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:37 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

He's totally unhinged.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:41 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
To crazy people a sane person with sane policies might look "crazy "

We've had many years where common sense was totally ignored .

The crazy thing is leftist politicians desperate to protect illegals and willing to lose federal funding over it .
Nothing normal about that .

It's normal to want the laws enforced ..

Old 02-07-2017, 06:47 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
To crazy people a sane person with sane policies might look "crazy "

We've had many years where common sense was totally ignored .

The crazy thing is leftist politicians desperate to protect illegals and willing to lose federal funding over it .
Nothing normal about that .

It's normal to want the laws enforced ..
I wonder what the end game is for the far far leftist loons that basically want open borders?? I'm not being facetious here, I can't figure out what they actually want. Common sense would say that you need to checks and balances in terms of who comes in and out. Security after 911 is probably a major impetus for this. I'm not sure what they get by pandering to illegals coming into the country.

Mexico's southern border is well well regulated and they have military down there, granted it's a much smaller physically speaking border and probably easier to enforce, but if they have strict rules about their borders, just like most sovereign nations, why can't we???

Old 02-07-2017, 07:01 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,622,039 times
With all the attention the US-Mexico border gets, the "bad hombres" will continue to take the "scenic route," i.e. the US-Canada border.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:04 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

Exactly. He is mentally unstable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies