Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 08:30 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Hillary has 98.4% chance winning.
Whatever. I don't need any poll to tell me that Trump has 0% chance of ever getting my respect, or the respect of any of the people in my life that I care about. He's exceeding even the low expectations I had for him. How does it feel to be out on a skinny limb with this guy? He will take us all down with him because that is his nature. To destroy that which he cannot defeat; it is especially galling to him that the American people haven't fallen to their knees and kissed the hem of his golden robe. Incomprehensible to him that we don't accept and believe every thoughtless babbling crazy statement that he makes. This is a man with an ego so fragile that he cannot deal with being questioned or criticized. Now he is one of the most powerful men on the planet; the only question remaining is, what will he do with that power? Will he use it for good or for evil? We are about to find out.

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 02-17-2017 at 08:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 08:32 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yes. They are.

It's pretty clear that they bother him or he wouldn't keep obsessing over them.
Im glad the press isnt letting him get away with his lies about bis electoral vote margin win being the biggest landslide since Reagan-TOTALLY FALSE and that reporter called him out!

Lol

Old 02-17-2017, 08:33 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Still believing polls?
Tramp referenced a poll yesterday, so HE believes them. Now go practice your goose-step!

Old 02-17-2017, 08:40 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Some of us were just talking about this subject at work yesterday. All of these protests, probes, losing to the courts, and questions about what he is doing, have to be taking a huge toll on Trump. He is not used to people questioning him, or refusing to accept his decisions, and that , coupled with his very thin skin, really has to be shaking him up.

We all agreed that we would not be at all surprised to see him jump ship to escape this totally alien environment he is now living in. It would be hard for a tough, mature, experienced person, but it must be really difficult for him to understand and accept.

He looks very weary after only 3 weeks, and his voice is now much lower and less sure of himself. If he is showing the strain so soon in, he will not be able to withstand much more of it. Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it, comes to mind.
I had hoped for his resigning too, since he's so obviously in over his head.

But tRump craves attention. While a 'normal' person would be concerned about such scathing reviews of his performance, to him, attention is attention.

He's not going to leave until the R's in Congress show him the door. Which they will once they get their corporate tax cuts and deregulation of environmental standards so Rex Tillerson's Exxon can drill for oil at Yellowstone and other national parks.

Then they'll oust tRump, put in Pence. They always preferred Pence and he's the Lady in Waiting.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:45 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
he reminds you every time he gets behind a mic-- he got x vote and polls are x and ratings are x OH -OH news flash- going to raid illegals with the states Nat Guard-
lord help us all but probably FAKE news-
this seesaw-- is bad for his time in office it really is

Old 02-17-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Im glad the press isnt letting him get away with his lies about bis electoral vote margin win being the biggest landslide since Reagan-TOTALLY FALSE and that reporter called him out!

Lol
Right - but someone else else gave him that information, didn't you hear his response? Someone else being one of the other personalities living in the Trump brain. For that alter ego, it is incomprehensible that he didn't have the biggest electoral college win since Reagan. That Trump was just stating what MUST be true. It MUST be or his fragile ego starts to crack apart at the seams. This guy is even loonier than I thought he was, and I had some low expectations.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:51 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Whatever. I don't need any poll to tell me that Trump has 0% chance of ever getting my respect, or the respect of any of the people in my life that I care about. He's exceeding even the low expectations I had for him. How does it feel to be out on a skinny limb with this guy? He will take us all down with him because that is his nature. To destroy that which he cannot defeat; it is especially galling to him that the American people haven't fallen to their knees and kissed the hem of his golden robe. Incomprehensible to him that we don't accept and believe every thoughtless babbling crazy statement that he makes. This is a man with an ego so fragile that he cannot deal with being questioned or criticized. Now he is one of the most powerful men on the planet; the only question remaining is, what will he do with that power? Will he use it for good or for evil? We are about to find out.
Want some cheese with the whine?

Old 02-17-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Want some cheese with the whine?
How about some actual content in your response? Mostly all we see out of the Trump supporters on here are one liners like this. If you have some defense of this guy - let's hear the argument. Otherwise we are left to assume that you can't or won't defend him.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:21 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Where are the guys in the white coats and the butterfly nets? Time to put this crazy man in a padded cell.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:38 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
The polls were a prediction of the popular vote-remember?

And SHE DID WIN the popular vote-remember?

Hillary Clinton 65.8 million votes
Donald Trump 62.9 million votes
How does it feel like winning of the popular vote?

By the way, that 98.4% poll number was for the electoral college, not the "popular vote."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies