Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 11:43 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times

Advertisements

" List the CNN lies , please "

I can't remember them all, I hope somebody made a list. Just to rattle off a few: CNN said that wikileaks is illegal. A guy CNN interviewed on the street was actually their cameraman. Donna Brazille sent Clinton debate questions. Nancy Sinatra called them liars for reporting she didn't want Trump to use her dad'
s song.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:49 AM

8,630 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Anyone can see that CNN is highly biased. It's yellow journalism. They lie by omission. They lie by cherry picking what is and isn't news. They love to bring on a panel to debate the latest attack on Trump. By default Trump is on the defensive when they have to bring a panel of "experts" to debate things that would never be debated in the first place if it was against Hillary or Obama.

The media spent 20 TIMES more time covering the Billy Bush / Trump tapes versus the Hillary WikiLeaks stuff. Again the media is clearly biased against Trump.

Watch FOX news, read Breitbart or listen to talk radio and you'll hear a completely different perspective.
This. Furthermore, they can not even take ownership in the fact that they are biased. Instead, they try to play the "center" card. If they feel so strongly in their convictions, the least they could do is own it.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:28 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Then it shouldn't be very difficult for you to list some of them, if they are that numerous . Please do so.
So wall man, before this thread dies do you want to make a comment about the CNN lies you've been presented?

Old 02-09-2017, 06:39 AM

800 posts, read 508,600 times
I'm sure if I was more of a glutton for punishment I could go to cnn.com and find many many lies, but I'm not going to waste all that time just for the OP's amusement.

Whats quickly explainable is the rampant bias and dishonesty. For the sake of argument, lets just say somebody famous that CNN wants to discredit(like Trump) has one third "bad" qualities, one third neutral qualities, and one third good qualities. CNN will constantly write articles just speaking of the bad things and exagerate them, and everything "neutral" will be spun and reworded and taken out of context as to sound equally bad. Everything that is clearly good about him will be completely and utterly ignored. Its an effective way to make millions believe that somebody is a villain.

The opposite will be done for somebody CNN likes. They will completely ignore the bad third, and rewrite the ok and good stuff to make their person sound even better. And before ya know it, somebody who is completely corrupt and dishonest is suddenly hero status in the minds of the readers.

Probably more often than blatent lies, its often just this insidiously bias reporting that unfairly and innacurately portrays people and ideas in whatever way suits the agenda.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:57 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
I'm wondering what all these CNN lies are.

More than a MOUTHFUL have been posted in your thread, OP.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:17 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Get real dude. The regulation they voted to repeal affected the rights of the mentally ill to own guns by giving access to SSA info. The title isn't the story, it's the lead in. You are expected to be smart enough to read the story to see what the story is about .

Geez.
Geez, it doesn't. Mentally ill can't own guns as per GCA. That hasn't been changed for more than half century. The House did no such thing as amending the GCA. They did take away SSA's ability of "reporting suspected mentally ill cases" to FBI background check process.

"Mentally ill" is not a loosely used term. To be called "mentally ill," one must go through an adjudication process. Just because you think or SSA thinks someone is mentally ill, it doesn't make them mentally ill. Once the person is adjudicated, not merely reported by someone or SSA, as mentally ill, he can't own gun and won't be able to pass background check. This has NOT changed and CNN lied!

No point of continuing if you keep refusing to accept that the sky is blue.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:28 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
So wall man, before this thread dies do you want to make a comment about the CNN lies you've been presented?
Actually what I have seen have been bias and posters mad that CNN didn't report something they wanted reported . Every media is biased, FOX and Drudge included .

If these laughable things are the best that you guys can come up with after years of screaming about how CNN is all lies all the time, then the world is pretty safe taking CNN as a biased but basically truthful source .

These so called lies were downright pathetic in their lameness .

Old 02-09-2017, 07:30 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Geez, it doesn't. Mentally ill can't own guns as per GCA. That hasn't been changed for more than half century. The House did no such thing as amending the GCA. They did take away SSA's ability of "reporting suspected mentally ill cases" to FBI background check process.

"Mentally ill" is not a loosely used term. To be called "mentally ill," one must go through an adjudication process. Just because you think or SSA thinks someone is mentally ill, it doesn't make them mentally ill. Once the person is adjudicated, not merely reported by someone or SSA, as mentally ill, he can't own gun and won't be able to pass background check. This has NOT changed and CNN lied!

No point of continuing if you keep refusing to accept that the sky is blue.

Whine all you want . You are complaining about a TITLE while evidently not smart enough to go read the story itself . IF you read the story , you see they told the truth .

Old 02-09-2017, 07:32 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Whine all you want . You are complaining about a TITLE while evidently not smart enough to go read the story itself . IF you read the story , you see they told the truth .
So it's OK to lie in the title but tell the truth in the story?

When I show the picture of the title I took about this subject, everybody freaked out. They all asked why House is so crazy and then why Republicans are so crazy?

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 02-09-2017 at 07:50 AM..

Old 02-09-2017, 07:36 AM

8,630 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Actually what I have seen have been bias and posters mad that CNN didn't report something they wanted reported . Every media is biased, FOX and Drudge included .

If these laughable things are the best that you guys can come up with after years of screaming about how CNN is all lies all the time, then the world is pretty safe taking CNN as a biased but basically truthful source .

These so called lies were downright pathetic in their lameness .

What a bunch of crap. You have made it obvious that nothing anyone says will change your opinion of CNN. How very interesting considering that in your OP, you declared that you do not watch CNN and only occasionally read - which I believe is a bunch of BS - but now declare to know just as much as anyone else when it comes to CNN based upon your perception of what others have posted. That is fine, but you should learn to own your position and love for CNN rather than tip-toe around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies