Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 11:12 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,325,016 times

Advertisements

Top 30 Hollywood Republican Celebrities: A Newsmax List

This has been true for a good many years now.

I know someone in the business, and he told me, that Hollywood can be more political than Washington, which is true, b/c if your a conservative and they know it, it's pretty hard working yourself up to the top.
also, they can blackball you in a heartbeat and they pretty much pic and chose who gets what.

Most people do not know this, but that is why they ruined or tried to ruin Mel Gibson and he went off the deep end while drunk and swore at them and then only told some made up story...but, they refused to get involved with his movie..."The Passion"

He is highly seen as a controversial actor, bigot and trouble maker. They did the same to Sean Penn years ago....and I might add, both Gibson and Penn are very powerful actors...but sadly, as most people do, if you speak up against their political affiliation, they will getcha....and Hollywood does.

I'm told by my friend, it's a tough game out there, just as I'm told by many Christians, it can be a lonely walk in life, doing the right thing, even if it is unpopular.

today the world is so screwed up...due to liberal thinking....

Maybe a great way to explain it is, what does liberal mean?

Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems. Liberals abandon tradition, and are open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values, even if it means breaking laws....evidenced in today's world. They do not value our laws...and make them up as they go. And now they are amiss, with this new President who was elected...you say no to them and they're gonna getcha, regardless.

This all came about from liberal parenting and never saying no to a child growing up....

Hollywood inter-weaves their beliefs in movies...and always have....TV was once a wonderful tool, now being over taken by Media and their liberal ideas, and we all invest in them one way or another by not knowing what franchises they own and sell...

Anyway, just food for thought

after seeing how liberals have been acting over the years, I will never vote for another, and feel pretty much the same for republicans, although I am a registered independent, quit conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 11:13 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,190,414 times
Because there aren't any conservative actors, shows or movies .

Old 01-30-2017, 11:17 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,325,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Because there aren't any conservative actors, shows or movies .
No, b/c it is fact!~

Old 01-30-2017, 11:20 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,960,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Most people do not know this, but that is why they ruined or tried to ruin Mel Gibson and he went off the deep end while drunk and swore at them and then only told some made up story...but, they refused to get involved with his movie..."The Passion"
The primary issue with The Passion of the Christ was that Gibson had the audacity to portray the Jewish leadership as being the primary cause of Jesus's death, which by most accounts, is what happened. That violated the accepted PC narrative which is that Pilate just decided out of the blue one day to crucify Jesus.

As far as Hollywood being liberal, my response is that water is wet.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
No, b/c it is fact!~
Of course it's liberal. And the south is conservative. Congratulations.

That doesn't mean conservative actors are run out of town. There are plenty of them.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:25 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,804,175 times
Quote:
Top 30 Hollywood Republican Celebrities: A Newsmax List

This has been true for a good many years now.

I know someone in the business, and he told me, that Hollywood can be more political than Washington, which is true, b/c if your a conservative and they know it, it's pretty hard working yourself up to the top.
also, they can blackball you in a heartbeat and they pretty much pic and chose who gets what.

He is highly seen as a controversial actor, bigot and trouble maker. They did the same to Sean Penn years ago....and I might add, both Gibson and Penn are very powerful actors...but sadly, as most people do, if you speak up against their political affiliation, they will getcha....and Hollywood does.

I'm told by my friend, it's a tough game out there, just as I'm told by many Christians, it can be a lonely walk in life, doing the right thing, even if it is unpopular.

today the world is so screwed up...due to liberal thinking....

Maybe a great way to explain it is, what does liberal mean?

Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems. Liberals abandon tradition, and are open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values, even if it means breaking laws....evidenced in today's world. They do not value our laws...and make them up as they go. And now they are amiss, with this new President who was elected...you say no to them and they're gonna getcha, regardless.

This all came about from liberal parenting and never saying no to a child growing up....

Hollywood inter-weaves their beliefs in movies...and always have....TV was once a wonderful tool, now being over taken by Media and their liberal ideas, and we all invest in them one way or another by not knowing what franchises they own and sell...

Anyway, just food for thought

after seeing how liberals have been acting over the years, I will never vote for another, and feel pretty much the same for republicans, although I am a registered independent, quit conservative.
I'm so glad I didn't watch the award show even though I got to see some of the clips of the nut case speeches.

Right now we are doing more different things than watching these liberals so in a way these liberal nutcases made us go back in time when we did more stuff with family members and friends, than watching TV and movies.

It is actually better time spend and we already cancelled come channels from our provider and some boxes to record as we had like 3 recordable HD boxes which is now reduced to one. Great saving and we don't want to watch the garbage anymore as it was getting more difficult to take the person apart from the role these actors play or when they host a program.

Shark Tank - deleted

Movies with Meryl Streep- DiNiro, etc. deleted

Music - Madonna, Katie Perry, etc....we switch the channel.

Tickets - Barbra Streisand...we skipped buying tickets when she was in Tampa last November even though we used to be huge fans (just to avoid a political rant on stage while spending money to watch her sing)

Award shows - skipped!

Old 01-30-2017, 11:25 AM

4,962 posts, read 2,246,951 times
Rich Little: 'Back in the 70s everyone (in Hollywood) was Republican' | Fox News

Interesting article I read a few weeks ago. My how the pendulum swings.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:26 AM

18,414 posts, read 19,056,205 times
btw OP sean penn is not conservative and mel is up for an Oscar for his directing this year. i

Old 01-30-2017, 11:26 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,113,676 times
of course they are and that is their right, but it was hilarious seeing them throw everything behind Hillary Clinton and seeing them getting owned so badly.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm so glad I didn't watch the award show even though I got to see some of the clips of the nut case speeches.

Right now we are doing more different things than watching these liberals so in a way these liberal nutcases made us go back in time when we did more stuff with family members and friends, than watching TV and movies.

It is actually better time spend and we already cancelled come channels from our provider and some boxes to record as we had like 3 recordable HD boxes which is now reduced to one. Great saving and we don't want to watch the garbage anymore as it was getting more difficult to take the person apart from the role these actors play or when they host a program.

Shark Tank - deleted

Movies with Meryl Streep- DiNiro, etc. deleted

Music - Madonna, Katie Perry, etc....we switch the channel.

Tickets - Barbra Streisand...we skipped buying tickets when she was in Tampa last November even though we used to be huge fans (just to avoid a political rant on stage while spending money to watch her sing)

Award shows - skipped!

Living in a bubble is a sure way to "Make America Great", eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies