Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 09:58 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times

Advertisements

Pence is the worst of the two evils, Pence serving out the remainder of Trump's term would be an implosion!

Quote:
We’re just one week into the administration of the 45th President of the United States and already we’ve seen signs the end might be near. These are truly unprecedented times in the history of this country.

Never before has a president taken the oath of office with such high disapproval numbers. Before this year, the highest disapproval rating for an incoming president was George W. Bush’s mark of 25 percent. President Trump’s DR the moment he put his hand on the Bible was nearly double that at 45 percent. Anyone wondering how this vitriol and animosity by nearly half the country would manifest itself needed to wait only 24 hours. The day after the inauguration, the largest protest ever to hit the nation’s capitol took to the streets to voice their displeasure over our new president.

This has left many wondering if President Trump can survive four long years in the White House. Will the public cries for him to go eventually gain enough strength to force him out of office? The short answer appears to be, by itself, no. However, because he is so incredibly unpopular with the American people, he’s not going to have a lot of breathing room when things start to go south.

Why Trump Won&
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 10:22 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
I doubt Trump will be forced from office by public outcry, I don't think the he really values any opinions other than his own. but it wouldn't surprise me if he gets so angry at learning how much he really doesn't want to do this job if some mystical 'medical issue' surfaces that 'forces' his resignation.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:28 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I doubt Trump will be forced from office by public outcry, I don't think the he really values any opinions other than his own. but it wouldn't surprise me if he gets so angry at learning how much he really doesn't want to do this job if some mystical 'medical issue' surfaces that 'forces' his resignation.

Give Trump time, he will hang himself.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:29 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
"Will the public cries for him to go eventually gain enough strength to force him out of office?"

The answer is, no.

Never in the history of this country has a president stepped down merely because half the country didn't like him.

Furthermore, the two most-disliked candidates in American History, were Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. Had Hillary won, her disapproval numbers wouldn't have been much different.

The people who disapprove of Trump, are the people who didn't vote for him.

Most Trump supporters literally believe Hillary Clinton should be in prison.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:31 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Get over it, Trump will serve his first term.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:32 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,252,674 times
We will need to see some erosion of support from his base before they toss him overboard. An economic downturn, the failure of the GOP to go along with his ideas for helping middle class people might do it, maybe if he backtracks on immigration - that is the one they really care most about. We learned from Arpaio in Arizona that the rabid right will tolerate just about any level of incompetency as long as he continues to play the illegal card.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:32 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Give Trump time, he will hang himself.
I think he loves himself too much to be a suicide but resignation wouldn't surprise me at all. I think he wanted the title but the actual work involved will quickly kill that desire. And being on the world's most public stage certainly doesn't seem like a place for someone so easily upset by minor criticisms.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
It was known before the election that whichever Nominee won, he/ she would have an unprecedented low approval rating and no mandate.

150 million +/- people did not vote for Trump.

Nearly the same number did not vote for Hillary.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:36 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
For those who think polls are "fake news," no reason to read this post. It will only be demoralizing and who needs that?

But for those who appreciate following what the pollsters are, PPP's new national poll finds Trump's popularity has "declined precipitously" just over the last two weeks.

"Just three weeks into his administration, voters are already evenly divided on the issue of impeaching Trump with 46% in favor and 46% opposed."

"Support for impeaching Trump has crept up from 35% 2 weeks ago, to 40% last week, to its 46% standing this week."

Yowza!

Americans Now Evenly Divided on Impeaching Trump - Public Policy Polling

I so hope it doesn't come to that. That will be a national nightmare. Then, as is pointed out, we'll be stuck with Pence. Hope Republicans don't put that option on the table any time soon.

In other news "Voters are increasingly taking the media's side in his fights with them." Voters are now saying New York Times has more credibility by 52/37.

Even Saturday Night Live has more credibility than Trump, but only by 48/43.

What a sorry state of affairs.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:37 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
We have the media, celebrities, Dems, Liberals and so many others that are protesting, rioting, blocking, boycotting and simply denouncing everything that Trump even thinks about regardless if it is actually a good thing for America but I feel like I have to remind everyone that outside California and New York city Trump would have won the popular vote and he blew Hillary away with the electoral vote.

To all the snowflake sore losers out there why don't you all just get on board and come on home for the BIG WIN ?
The tears and tantrums are getting old now after 3 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies