Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would liberals have had the same reaction to other GOP candidates like they did for Trump?
Yes 47 35.07%
No 87 64.93%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 03:45 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,828,185 times

Advertisements

I say yes. Even if someone as moderate as Bush or Kasich won, the snowflakes would have had the same reaction. They would have claimed they are against women because they are pro-life, they would have claimed they hate Muslims, gays, the poor, minorities, etc. I saw gay people and the gay lovers all over Facebook acting legit terrified that their rights were about to be taken away when Trump was elected, even though Trump is the most socially liberal when it comes to gays out of all the republican candidates this last election.

So yes, I think we would have practically seen the same reaction, and we would have seen the same "safe spaces" at college campuses with play-doh, therapy dogs, hot cocoa, and coloring books.

There would have also been riots and "protests" in the streets. And private property destroyed.

It would all be because of a personal bias of having an "R" next to those candidates names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 03:47 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
Did you see protests like this when either Bush won?

Old 02-10-2017, 03:49 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
No.

The ones against Trump have been completely brainwashed by the MSM to only accept career establishment bought & paid for politicians.

If one of them had been elected, it would have dropped back to the typical GOP vs DEM argument.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:50 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
^^^ Or when Reagan won? How about Eisenhower? Nixon? Nothing when he was elected -the protests came after Watergate was publicly known, along with protests against the seemingly endless war in Viet Nam.

I have lived through every administration since Truman's, and I have never seen anything like this. Of course, I've never experienced someone like Trump in the Oval Office before, either.

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No.

The ones against Trump have been completely brainwashed by the MSM to only accept career establishment bought & paid for politicians.

If one of them had been elected, it would have dropped back to the typical GOP vs DEM argument.
Or, maybe they just want people with actual experience in law, government, or both.

16,604 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I say yes. Even if someone as moderate as Bush or Kasich won, the snowflakes would have had the same reaction. They would have claimed they are against women because they are pro-life, they would have claimed they hate Muslims, gays, the poor, minorities, etc. I saw gay people and the gay lovers all over Facebook acting legit terrified that their rights were about to be taken away when Trump was elected, even though Trump is the most socially liberal when it comes to gays out of all the republican candidates this last election.

So yes, I think we would have practically seen the same reaction, and we would have seen the same "safe spaces" at college campuses with play-doh, therapy dogs, hot cocoa, and coloring books.

It would all be because of a personal bias of having an "R" next to those candidates names.
The same thing happens whenever a Republican is elected, since at least the 1980's. Leftists and liberals alike have a fit, and declare the president is a ____ist or a _____phobe.
It happened with Reagan and both Bush's.
It of course is fueled by the liberal MSM which has all but dropped the facade of unbiased journalism, and instead is a known arm of the Democratic party to everyone but their liberal apologists.

4,472 posts, read 3,828,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Did you see protests like this when either Bush won?
Times have changed, many of the snowflakes weren't old enough to vote or care and some weren't even born yet (with Bush Sr.).

Old 02-10-2017, 03:53 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,129 times
Possibly.... Would the media have been as nasty with say Cruz? A year's worth of media blasted from only one point of view directed at either side has to be responsible for at least a part of this. If it isn't then mankind has just jumped the shark.....

Old 02-10-2017, 03:53 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Nope. Absolutely not. You all know I'm a liberal... well, to some of you I'm a far-left radical, but I'm really a centrist who leans left on social issues.

I know SOOOO many liberals. Even really hardcore ones like you think I am.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

They might be griping online if another Republican had won (especially Cruz). But, protests the day after his inauguration JUST because he won? NAYYYYYY.

If he pulled some crazy stunt like this Muslim ban and did it just like Trump did, you'd see protests, but that's not out of the ordinary no matter who is in office. Do something crazy and people will protest.

Trump is exceptionally reviled.

Did you see protests worldwide the day after ANY of the other presidents in recent memory were inaugurated, solely because people objected to that president?

NOPE.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:55 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No.

What an extremely bizarre "explanation".

You are aware that the so-called "mainstream media" did not exist in its present form before the arrival of the Internet, are you not? You do realize that radical right radio is also a recent phenomenon, aren't you?

Do you really think the popularity of Eisenhower was due to the main stream media? He was not a "career establishment bought and paid for politician" - he was a war hero. Yet he was both popular and an effective, moderate two-term Republican president who was readily accepted by both parties. Reagan was also popular, but was not a "career politician" by profession - he was a movie actor.

How do you explain Ike and Reagan's popularity and successful presidencies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies