Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll for the ANTI-Trump Folks: Do You Think It's Okay for Non-Citizens to Vote?
Yes 0 0%
No 52 100.00%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 05:29 PM

7,470 posts, read 7,061,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Why do you call him the Dumpster and his supporters stupid? It doesn't help. It has a way of shutting down civil discourse.
Look around this forum and see all the respect granted to "lib-tards" "liberal scum" and so forth.

Single out those posters and ask them the same question. When they show me - somebody who's actually middle of the road by objective standards - a scrap of respect, I'll show them some, too.

As for Trump, regardless of how one feels about his supporters, he has done nothing in his miserable life to earn respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 05:31 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,082,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Look around this forum and see all the respect granted to "lib-tards" "liberal scum" and so forth.

Single out those posters and ask them the same question. When they show me - somebody who's actually middle of the road by objective standards - a scrap of respect, I'll show them some, too.

As for Trump, regardless of how one feels about his supporters, he has done nothing in his miserable life to earn respect.
So managing to be the first non-politician in a long time, who was disliked by both parties and blasted regularly by the media, to become president when all polls said otherwise and by a landslide, with the first successful presidential campaign run by a woman, isn't worthy or respect, not even a little? Also yes - what a miserable life. Totally miserable.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:31 PM

7,470 posts, read 7,061,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So based on your post where you characterize millions of people you have never met, talked to or dealt with, would your rather...
  • have a president who loves Americans regardless of their education.
Or
  • a President who calls have the electorate Deplorable and even people from her own party as slackers who live in their parent's basement.
Your choice. You sound like someone who would go with choice 2.

But please let us know your choice.
Lol, it's cute when people create false choices.

You know damn well what Hillary was referring to when she spoke of deplorables - or are you now supporting bigotry so long as is Americans with low education who are bigots? Tell me, does one's citizenship as an American mean that we have to accept their bigotry and hatred, because that sure seems to be what you're implying, which is simply wrong.

Also, please stop pretending Trump loves "poorly educated people" because he actually wants to help them. His track record speaks otherwise.

As for me, I honestly feel America's biggest problem is that the poorly educated and those with mediocre skill-sets have no shot at all these days. Trump may have said something similar, but you're believing a habitual, confirmed liar if you honestly think he cares. Admittedly, Hillary didn't care, either, but at least she isn't actively trying to stamp out various unpopular religions, races, sexual orientations, etc.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:59 PM

7,294 posts, read 4,126,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post

I certainly understand how you feel. And I've read much worse insults on this forum--from both sides.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:56 AM

15,143 posts, read 10,211,324 times
All the liberals I know don't believe non-citizens should be able to vote... I know no one who believes that.

Just like the conservatives support racism and bigotry.... None of the conservatives I know support that.

Both liberals and conservatives have bought into stupid sound bites that simply don't reflect the majorities views/perceptions of either side. Heck.. even look at this poll of CD members AT THIS TIME... 45 voted and not a single person said yes. Yet we have so many threads aimed at the liberals in this forum saying that 3 million votes from illegals and liberals here want them to have voting privileges.

Common people!!! we all need to grow up a little.

I think the American public has not figured out Trump's management style. He thrives on having individuals and groups within his organization fight each other for his favor. He's done exactly that with conservatives and liberals.... pitch them against each other on issues that simply don't exist. Think "The Apprentice" TV show with conservatives and liberals on one side of the table fighting each other while Trump smiles on the other....

PS> I don't believe Trump is a conservative.... that's a different discussion.

Last edited by usayit; 02-12-2017 at 09:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies