Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 01:44 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,693,333 times

Advertisements

I've noticed something. People who hate Trump are all hung up on superficial things like his character -- They'll say he tweets too much, her uses locker room talk, he's racist, xenophobic, misogynist, he's an idiot, bla bla bla. Or they voted for Hillary simply because she has 2 X chromosomes. Did anyone actually vote for Hillary or against Trump because of ISSUES like immigration including whether to take all these Syrian refugees, trade issues, jobs, selection of a supreme court justice, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 04:50 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,768,301 times
During the election his character is what stood out most. I didn't want someone with his temperament in office threatening diplomacy around the world.

That said, he didn't have any 'issues' that he stood for with a plan. It was all babble. If he was pressed on the subject of his plan, all he said was 'it's going to be great, it's going to be tremendous, you'll see and thank me for it'. I couldn't take anything he said seriously.

What he said he stood for I did not (and do not) agree with. The wall, targeted immigration restraints around religion, defunding planned parenthood, clueless on foreign policy and the environment.

I am sure others will chime in.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:01 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,813,038 times
I would say the fact that you're seeing record donations at causes like Planned Parenthood is an indication.

Same with refugee causes and also with the ACLU, as many of us are worried about losing
our first amendment rights with this administration.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:08 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,247,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
I've noticed something. People who hate Trump are all hung up on superficial things like his character -- They'll say he tweets too much, her uses locker room talk, he's racist, xenophobic, misogynist, he's an idiot, bla bla bla. Or they voted for Hillary simply because she has 2 X chromosomes. Did anyone actually vote for Hillary or against Trump because of ISSUES like immigration including whether to take all these Syrian refugees, trade issues, jobs, selection of a supreme court justice, etc?
They're acting like little children do when they're told they can't get the candy they wanted.....no different.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:15 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,708,948 times
You mean issues like a truly botched EO that couldn't survive a simple court challenge? Like rolling it out without any plan for implementing it, on a Friday night, and then having the whole world see the administration flail around a whole, loooong weekend as a result?

Old 02-13-2017, 05:19 AM

68,348 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post

A man's character is superficial?

Just

Old 02-13-2017, 05:21 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,027 times
They hate him on the issues.

But, because they can't defend their desire to let terrorists into the country, let criminal illegal aliens roam free to commit crime after crime, let illegals take jobs away from Americans and depress American wages while overcrowding our schools and emergency rooms, continue globalization policies that send American jobs overseas, defend people who riot and assault police officers, etc., it's just easier for them to take Trump on as a personality.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:24 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,638,883 times
Flynn, Pence, Conway, DeVoss, and Trump are all LIARS. These people have no problem lying to the Public. Look at this mockery Conway made of the White House when she forgot where she was and did a commercial for Ivankas clothing line. What other President has hired such idiots? Seriously.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:26 AM

8,390 posts, read 4,382,459 times
Is the Pope Catholic? Of course they do. That's why they are ani-Trump because the only issue Trump cares about is Trump.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:26 AM

26,660 posts, read 28,733,368 times
Repealing healthcare. Replacing it with vouchers or health savings accounts for Medicare? With no healthcare, workers can't advance to better jobs because they would lose their healthcare. Small businesses can hardly afford healthcare.We need universal healthcare and no one in Trump's administration can figure out how to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies