Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 06:21 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,246,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Comments like those ^^^^ show how shallow the thinking of Trumpees really is and how little they understand about the issues. When they have nothing else to contribute, they come up with one liners like this well thought out response.

First and foremost, I think most of us voted against Trump, and still continue to rally against him, because he simply is such a flawed candidate and a dishonest, corrupt human being. He is a turd that can not be polished or defended. He is anti everything this country stands for, and has put hatred and fear at the forefront of his agenda.

We would have accepted ANY OTHER candidate , Republican or Democrat, and you would not have seen this degree of backlash..........you've never seen it before, and probably will never see it again. There is a man sitting in the WH today who has such a total lack of common sense and awareness of how his actions affect us and the rest of the world, that he is going to create serious problems , if left unchecked. Add to that the fact that he is mentally unstable, and it is a recipe for disaster.

Thanks for making my point....you sound just like some of the right wing extremist were acting when Obama was elected in 2008. The Soros funded protest apparatus would have been in force no matter which Republican is elected President, you may have deluded yourself but I wasn't born yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 06:26 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Thanks for making my point....you sound just like some of the right wing extremist were acting when Obama was elected in 2008. The Soros funded protest apparatus would have been in force no matter which Republican is elected President, you may have deluded yourself but I wasn't born yesterday.
George Soros isn't paying any of the dozens of protesters I know and every time I see this come up on here it further convinces me of the deep paranoia that runs through the messages from the far right. Sad.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:26 AM

50,884 posts, read 24,393,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
They hate him on the issues.

But, because they can't defend their desire to let terrorists into the country, let criminal illegal aliens roam free to commit crime after crime, let illegals take jobs away from Americans and depress American wages while overcrowding our schools and emergency rooms, continue globalization policies that send American jobs overseas, defend people who riot and assault police officers, etc., it's just easier for them to take Trump on as a personality.
None of us wants to let terrorists into the country...nor to have home grown terrorists in the country.
None of us wants illegal aliens who have committed crime after crime to be in the country.
None of us wants illegal aliens to take away jobs from Americans...you know like picking cabbage and fruit.
No one wants illegal aliens overcrowding out schools, and frankly, as a former school principal (retired), I don't think the 1 or 2 illegals we had in our school was affecting overcrowding much.
None of us wants to have a problem with illegals clogging health care, but with the couple of times in the last few years I went to the emergency room, everyone was white.
None of us wants jobs sent overseas...except those companies -- like Trumps -- who sent jobs overseas or bought products from overseas.
None of us wants illegals assaulting police officers.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:27 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,385,633 times
I believe both sides do care about real issues, but the issues differ.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:27 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,442,728 times
How quickly and conveniently the Democrats of today forget how they acted when Romney ran, when McCain ran, when Bush was president, when Reagan was president, when Nixon was president.

Same accusations of racism, same hysterical meltdowns.

The country just needs to keep plenty of Pampers and Fabreze ready for when Republicans win elections.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:28 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,581,834 times
Here is a perfect example for me that shows the Ds don't really care about improving education, but care more for the government, political bureaucracy, and big unions around education. DeVos and Stanford's research has shown that education, especially in math and reading, improved in Mi and especially in Detroit in some of the worst schools with charter schools and DeVos programs, and yet democrats are manufacturing fear and distraction at her policies.

Teachers unions in a panic over school choice - The Orange County Register

Old 02-13-2017, 06:30 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,442,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
None of us wants to let terrorists into the country...none of us wants illegal aliens who have committed crime after crime to be in the country....none of us wants illegal aliens to take away jobs from Americans...
Obviously not true.

Just read what people say in this forum, and you'll know that.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:32 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Comments like those ^^^^ show how shallow the thinking of Trumpees really is and how little they understand about the issues. When they have nothing else to contribute, they come up with one liners like this well thought out response.

First and foremost, I think most of us voted against Trump, and still continue to rally against him, because he simply is such a flawed candidate and a dishonest, corrupt human being. He is a turd that can not be polished or defended. He is anti everything this country stands for, and has put hatred and fear at the forefront of his agenda.

We would have accepted ANY OTHER candidate , Republican or Democrat, and you would not have seen this degree of backlash..........you've never seen it before, and probably will never see it again. There is a man sitting in the WH today who has such a total lack of common sense and awareness of how his actions affect us and the rest of the world, that he is going to create serious problems , if left unchecked. Add to that the fact that he is mentally unstable, and it is a recipe for disaster.
I agree, but I doubt many die-hard Trump fans will understand this post at all.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:34 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,146,850 times
I think the left does care about the issues but at the individual level. But to them, it is more important to be a part of the collective brainwashed group as a whole. One needs look no further than these threads to notice when one comes on and starts making excuses for a completely inexcusable act they all pile on. It's like high school all over again and they are trying to find their social group.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:34 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
I've noticed something. People who hate Trump are all hung up on superficial things like his character -- They'll say he tweets too much, her uses locker room talk, he's racist, xenophobic, misogynist, he's an idiot, bla bla bla. Or they voted for Hillary simply because she has 2 X chromosomes. Did anyone actually vote for Hillary or against Trump because of ISSUES like immigration including whether to take all these Syrian refugees, trade issues, jobs, selection of a supreme court justice, etc?
Do anti-Trump people actually care about issues?

They refuse to accept it was their OWN FAULT that Hillary lost.

They were so "high" on the fact that she WAS going to win and continue the Obama admin policies that they just can't comprehend they lost. it was IMPOSSIBLE!

Just like a drug addict, the high is GREAT" and when the drugs wear off, they can't handle it.

To them "The end justifies the means"

They will do and say ANYTHING to justify in their minds that THEY were right Trump should NOT be President and should be "brought down".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies