Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2017, 10:28 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,432 times

Advertisements

My comment was not vague, especially since I've said it at least 3 times. I'm not sure why you are having difficulty following the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Next time be more specific.

If you throw out vague comments, don't be surprised when someone isn't sure what you are addressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 10:30 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
My comment was not vague, especially since I've said it at least 3 times. I'm not sure why you are having difficulty following the thread.
Vague:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
I would say it's a toss up between irrational fear and an inability to use critical thinking skills.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:35 AM

113 posts, read 56,943 times
How about everyone "just get over themselves" and decide to practice healthy boundaries for self and country?

Some common sense motivations:

Respect yourself and others, All races, creeds and cultures are seen as equal. I will treat you fairly and respect you if you return the favor. I will not engage in race baiting, gender baiting or any other mental psych-op game ment to promote diversion....and let's face it, that's what certain social groups are attempting to do "the divide and conquer" mentality. Most people seem unable to see this. Of course, many shills and protesters are being paid to cause this diversion. This is a fact.

As far as immigration: most of us are immigrants, even if you, yourself, were born in the US. Everyone who is in this country needs to be documented, no if, ands or buts. There is several very pragmatic reasons for this

A) Terrorism is a real threat, so you need to vet newcomers to our nation. With the current ability and speed of security systems in place, this is not that difficult. Yes, it can miss someone, but no vetting will certainly miss many, many more.
Most first world countries control immigration, wanting to make sure their tax paying citizen ( who, in all actuality are paying the bills of the government thru their taxes, not to mention the Pol's salaries. ) are getting a job before a foreign national does. The reality is: very, very few of us are irreplaceable, so the stated shortage of any specialty is over stated. Unless your are a doctor who is willing to go work in Appalachia for next to no salary...there is most likely someone in the North/ South Americas continent or Europe who can and will do the job. The old saw "jobs that most Americans are unwilling to do " is just psych-op. With one exception: Share Cropping...the sad truth is" it is still cheaper to pay a human" then the cost of running the large farm tractors, combines etc. Certain crops do require hand picking, although technology is working on that one.

B) Human trafficking is a real, serious issue....no documentation, no ability to track your whereabouts once you go missing...the threat is just not an issue for woman and children, either....the reality is more Mc Cabe than you can even imagine. Trafficking of human organs, etc. not everyone has family or friends who always know their where abouts. people "just disappear" more than the MSM reports. Often it is employers who report a missing person "first".

C) you come to work in the US as an illegal immigrant, get you rump down to immigration and register your presence in this country, ASAP! apply for the process of citizenship, and most importantly, pay your taxes. You are here, using the benefits of the US system....you drive on the roads, your kids go to the schools, you use the healthcare system. And, you expect our law enforcement officers and workers to put their lives on the line to protect you and your rights, don't you? Society is not "free" it costs the taxpayers money to keep all this up. You pay your part. I am tired of illegal immigrants receiving welfare and free health provided via my tax dollars when they send much of their money back to Mexico. Many times ( but not always, if you worked to make it, and paid taxes on it, you are free to send it wherever you wish!) this money was made in the USA "tax free" while they collect free bennies, food stamps, etc. We have actual poor citizens in this country who are the "working poor", and many cannot get the free services they deserve...while they "do"pay taxes out of their small incomes, henceforth contributing to society to the best of their ability. Add to the fact that many illegals have complete disdain for anyone who questions their motives.....well, the taxpayer is entitled to know and understand where the tax dollars are being spent!

I work with many Hispanics who came to the US, and went thru the proper channels for citizenship, or pursued visas, permanent residency, green cards, etc. Many of them state how they are tired of being taken advantage of by illegals playing the system. They played by the rules and think everyone else should, too. Decide how and why you want to live here and pursue the process and follow the laws. No one will question, or bother you then. If they do...well then they "own the problem", don't they?...and you will be within your rights to pursue recourse..

If you do not respect the laws of the US, perhaps you should pursue citizenship elsewhere? Nothing wrong with that.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:36 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,432 times
That was my first comment in the thread and if you read the OP, it should have been perfectly clear.

Quote:
Vague:

Old 02-13-2017, 10:38 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
They fixate on guns because they're perpetually scared for their lives. Their obsession with Muslims and terrorism is based on fear. Their white nationalism is based on the fear that is POC became the majority, they would treat white people as poorly as white people have historically treated POC.
Yes.

Now kneel before Trump.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:38 AM

1,285 posts, read 592,198 times
Right Wing ideology does seem like an illness though.

There's an interesting documentary about a guy that was a Kennedy Democrat, but then in the 80's and 90's was commuting a distance to work and he was listening to right wing radio, like Rush Limbaugh.

He basically psychologically deteriorated into a grumpy, mean, agitated person that made everyone miserable around him. Eventually the family went into his email and unsubscribed him to loads of right wing sites and instead signed him up to left leaning ones.

Eventually he transformed back into the man they remember.
He lost all his hatred of unemployed people, gays and blacks and started behaving like a normal compassionate human being again.

The Brainwashing Of My Dad

Old 02-13-2017, 10:42 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
Right Wing ideology does seem like an illness though.

There's an interesting documentary about a guy that was a Kennedy Democrat, but then in the 80's and 90's was commuting a distance to work and he was listening to right wing radio, like Rush Limbaugh.

He basically psychologically deteriorated into a grumpy, mean, agitated person that made everyone miserable around him. Eventually the family went into his email and unsubscribed him to loads of right wing sites and instead signed him up to left leaning ones.

Eventually he transformed back into the man they remember.
He lost all his hatred of unemployed people, gays and blacks and started behaving like a normal compassionate human being again.

The Brainwashing Of My Dad
Interesting.

BTW: That shipment of snake oil you ordered from me is in. Leave your billing info with my secretary.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:44 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
They fixate on guns because they're perpetually scared for their lives. Their obsession with Muslims and terrorism is based on fear. Their white nationalism is based on the fear that is POC became the majority, they would treat white people as poorly as white people have historically treated POC.
Check out the role of your amygdala, and how it rules the lizard brain. Right wingers rely on the lizard brain.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:44 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Cowardice, stupidity, bigotry, homophobia, xenophobia, and of course the biggest trait, hypocrisy. Take your pick. All apply to right wingers.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:45 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Vague:
The fact you think that is vague, speaks to the critical thinking comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies