Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 09:51 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Please condemn Rand Paul for his statements saying it's nonsense for Republicans to investigate other Republicans. They have health care and social security to destroy instead! Target McConnell too for his blatant hypocrisy and partisanship.

The gall of a sitting Congressman to flat out say it's wrong to investigate your own party, even if they break the law is disgusting to me.

No offense, but between McConnell and Paul, your state picks really really really bad Congressmen. I think only Utah might have you beat for the worst.
Doing my best here. Neither of these gentlemen has ever gotten a vote from me, and they never will. They've gotten plenty of messages, however. They'll get more, have no fear, and not just from me. I live in a very blue city in a red state, and have lots of like-minded friends. We're all working on it.

Yes, these two are a far cry from John Sherman Cooper and Thruston Morton. Or Wendell Ford, for that matter, or Carl Perkins. Kentuckians used to have considerably more discernment - and considerably better candidates, too. We had statesmen then - don't forget, we were also the home of Henry Clay.

But - there's hope. Keep your eye on Allison Lundergan Grimes. Presently our Democratic Secretary of State, she is a barn-burner of a speaker, and has a heart - and brain - that are in the right places. Very, very good person who would make a fine senator or congresswoman. She ran against Mitch McConnell last time, but his machine was too powerful. But she's young, and he's...not. I feel very reassured about Kentucky's future when I think of her. We just will have to endure a few more tough years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 09:45 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Originally Posted by steven_h
But, Obama isn't in office anymore.

The left are no longer interested in what is right, what is true, all they care about is getting rid of Trump... which will then turn to getting rid of Pence... which will turn to getting rid of Ryan... which will turn to getting rid of Hatch... which will install Tillerson

What exactly is their end game? They're screwed no matter what!

One truth is that ALL OF THIS is just making more people upset with the Dems. Guaranteed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
True, basically they are doing the same thing republicans did with Bubba and Obama, instead of working for us, they spend their time trying to make the other side look bad for future elections.
You're right in that both parties really are just two sides of the same political class establishment coin that both hate Trump.

I would point out that Clinton was never treated like this until he was caught boffing women in the oval office and then lying numerous times under oath. He lost his law license and was impeached only to be protected by "his side" - another example of corruption in government.

Anyone else would have been in jail for perjury.

I believe the us vs them BS is being taken to an entirely new level now. The actual government is turning on itself, ABC's which have no business being political have become totally partisan at the cost of functioning. The PC machine the progressives have created are rising up and creating anarchy. The left are so worried that Trump is going to become a dictator (sounds exactly like the right against Obama, right?) that they are now buying guns, ammo, and food stores.

The country is falling into a funk I've not seen since Kent State.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:06 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
There are a lot of leakers in the White House. This is the leakiest White House in US history, because everyone hates Trump and there is extremely low morale and constant chaos. There is an entire twitter account claiming to be part of the White House staff leaking about what's happening there.
If it were a sitcom or a spy movie, instead of our presidency, it would be high entertainment. Unfortunately, I'm afraid Putin and other bad actor countries may find the antics of that wacky, madcap Trump a little too amusing in not a good way.

Still yet, hard not to appreciate a good whodunit. And to not get caught up in the spirit of rooting for Jerry screeching through the mouse hole with the Trumpcat hot on his tail. Or to envision Trumpley Whiplash pacing, twisting his hair and muttering, "Curses, foiled again!" "Fake news! Fake news!"

Oh, to have a calm, ethical, rational, mostly normal prez where the leakers could just do their jobs and be appreciated for them without having to feel they must be in "survival, help-save-the-country mode".

Sigh!

Old 02-17-2017, 01:14 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
How would Scarborough have that inside info unless theres a leaker in the Trump administration. And who do you think it is?

‘Morning Joe’ bans Trump aide Kellyanne Conway - NY Daily News
Joe Scarborough is a complete LIAR.

He is a Fraud RINO and sold out to Corrupt employer, MSNBC.

Donald Trump Cut out Scarborough and live-in GF, Mika Brezinski.

They promoted Trump daily on the Low ratings Morning Joe show until a few months before the election,

Then, they trashed Trump. Joe was talking privately to Trump often....but Trump Cut off the personal and business relationship with both the backstabbing co-hosts. Since, they have led a daily verbal malicious Assault against Pres. TRUMP.

Sean Hannity has been going after Scarborough lately on his Twitter account. Hannity is furious with the personal attacks Scarborough and the insidious Mika Brezinski have been doing against Trump.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:07 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
It's Melania - She's planted a "bug" (bobbi pin) in the Donalds hair/weave ...whatever it is! It sends all the info to: Putin/The New York Times/Saturday Night Live directly!
LOL.

Sounds like a Get Smart episode .

Old 02-17-2017, 03:34 AM

491 posts, read 319,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Well, duh!
Nobody can pick on our intelligence and get away with it. They know were ALL the bones are buried.

Trump can whine about leaks until his face turns blue, but he cannot stop them. There is always too much to be gained by spilling the beans for someone, and there are always a lot of beans to be spilled in Washington, D.C.

Trumps biggest problem is nobody in Congress owes him a damned thing. No one in all the agencies owe him nothing either, nor do the courts. As a total outsider, and one that won by declaring he would go in and tear the joint down, he has no allies inside his own party, and no one to cover his butt as a favor returned for a favor given.

That's the problem with tearing down the house. There's a lot of folks living inside that house, and they don't want it torn down. And they outnumber him. He promoted all his few supporters into his cabinet, and now, they're seen as sellouts to the vandal.

It's going to be very interesting to watch Jeff Sessions. He was Trumps biggest booster in the Senate, and now, he's our Attorney General.
If push comes to shove over the Russian affair, he will be the one who will be the government's prosecutor. Will he fall on his sword for his old buddy Donald? Or will he take his job seriously and be the guy who stabs is pal in the back?

Your guess is as good as mine, but Sessions now has an opportunity to emerge a shining hero if it comes down to a crunch, and he really needs some reputation polishing. I'm not at all sure he will be Trump's willing martyr. If he plays this right, Sessions could end up on the Supreme Court.

That's Trump for ya. Ain't no room for beginners in this game. Sessions should have stayed right where he was, sitting in the Senate. Trump may well need that vote he lost when he promoted Sessions pretty soon.
In fairness to Trump, he has appointed quite a few "establishment" GOP politicos to very prominent positions, most notably Renice Priebus and Sean Spicer. As a matter of fact, some of Trump's most die-hard supporters--who have been with him since the very beginning--want him to fire these life-long Republicans and replace them with Trump loyalists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies